Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

What should i expect??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well heres the update sorry I wasnt around all weekend to update this thread I was in Salisbury camping, the whole reason for goin camping was cause I was suppose to have my car done and I was goin to go to street night FRi night and join in on the CMDR race sat night at the night of thrills which was awesome even though I wasnt in it.
ANYWAYS
I called the shop when it was suppose to be done thursday night and they said that it wasnt done yet, ok **** happens so I called friday around 6 and again they said it wasnt done and they couldnt get my u/d pulley on, while doing so they broke the bolt "good thing I bought 2" and also said that they were goin to put the stock one back on "I dont want the stock one on". I called saturday, again said it still isnt done and now they have to modify my exhaust to fit the qtp ypipe to my lm1 apparently they have to move my bullet back further. I dont know whats going on now, I called and no answer they said they were goin to call, but no call. This car was suppose to originaly be done for the summer nationals. Now 1 week and couple days, it still isnt done And I missed Two events that I pre-registered for.

Now im trying to find somebody to put my pulley on, anybody around, I think dez is closest, I dont really know to much about the esp guys in sterling. How much would something like that go for just a pulley install.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slowls1
ok well heres the update sorry I wasnt around all weekend to update this thread I was in Salisbury camping, the whole reason for goin camping was cause I was suppose to have my car done and I was goin to go to street night FRi night and join in on the CMDR race sat night at the night of thrills which was awesome even though I wasnt in it.
ANYWAYS
I called the shop when it was suppose to be done thursday night and they said that it wasnt done yet, ok **** happens so I called friday around 6 and again they said it wasnt done and they couldnt get my u/d pulley on, while doing so they broke the bolt "good thing I bought 2" and also said that they were goin to put the stock one back on "I dont want the stock one on". I called saturday, again said it still isnt done and now they have to modify my exhaust to fit the qtp ypipe to my lm1 apparently they have to move my bullet back further. I dont know whats going on now, I called and no answer they said they were goin to call, but no call. This car was suppose to originaly be done for the summer nationals. Now 1 week and couple days, it still isnt done And I missed Two events that I pre-registered for.

Now im trying to find somebody to put my pulley on, anybody around, I think dez is closest, I dont really know to much about the esp guys in sterling. How much would something like that go for just a pulley install.
Sounds like the pulley doesn't want to go on If they tried and it's not on there. I'm on vacation till mid next week,so if you dropped it at Dez's it would be a little while.Also those QTP Y-pipes fit pretty bad.(sorry Barry,but they do ).

So,I take it they didn't tune it?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Sounds like the pulley doesn't want to go on If they tried and it's not on there. I'm on vacation till mid next week,so if you dropped it at Dez's it would be a little while.Also those QTP Y-pipes fit pretty bad.(sorry Barry,but they do ).

So,I take it they didn't tune it?

Well I guess ill give them a call monday night and see whats goin on. Do the pulleys sometimes not fit and just wont go on, could it be my double roller timing chain?? and what kind of power am I leaving behind without it on, like maybe 3 hp??. My mechanic said that he used Kevin H's ls1 pulley tool and he broke it maybe this thing just doesnt wanna be on my car.. As far as I know I dont think they tuned it yet.. I asked them to call me before they do because I wanted to watch.
Don
I know youve done enough pulleys, And most likely could figure this out right.. I know I allready said this but do you think it just wont go on. Is a pulley worth it?

Last edited by 1slowls1; 07-09-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slowls1
Well I guess ill give them a call monday night and see whats goin on. Do the pulleys sometimes not fit and just wont go on, could it be my double roller timing chain?? and what kind of power am I leaving behind without it on, like maybe 3 hp??. My mechanic said that he used Kevin H's ls1 pulley tool and he broke it maybe this thing just doesnt wanna be on my car.. As far as I know I dont think they tuned it yet.. I asked them to call me before they do because I wanted to watch.
Don
I know youve done enough pulleys, And most likely could figure this out right.. I know I allready said this but do you think it just wont go on. Is a pulley worth it?

Your setup is very simple.I have no idea what they are doing.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Your setup is very simple.I have no idea what they are doing.
Me either something like this should have only taken maybe 15 hrs tops right?? Then maybe a couple hours tune. not almost 2 weeks.

Well gave them a call around 715 tonight "monday" no answer. I hope they didnt answer cause there tuning my car and didnt hear the phone. I knew I shoulda did what I was originally goin to do which was get ahold of don and set up an appt at dez atleast that way I know it would be done at a normaly time and done right.

Last edited by 1slowls1; 07-10-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If im not mistaken some after market pulleys wont fit when using a double roller timing
chain. Could be wrong but thats what i heard. As to your numbers with an m6 you should reach 440. Look at my sig, this is a tiny tr224 through a 9 inch and steel drive shaft and i hit 428. Good luck with the cobra,hope you smoke him.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
If im not mistaken some after market pulleys wont fit when using a double roller timing
chain. Could be wrong but thats what i heard. As to your numbers with an m6 you should reach 440. Look at my sig, this is a tiny tr224 through a 9 inch and steel drive shaft and i hit 428. Good luck with the cobra,hope you smoke him.

Thats what I heard too, I talked with them today and they said that they were goin to get a longer thread and see if it they can make everything fit. I dont know about making thigns fit cause when you try to make things fit other things dont like to work properly and like to break. I dont know about 440 thats doubtful you have the 90/90 if I had that I could maybe see 440 but ill be happy with 420-430. As far as that cobra goes im leaning toward a loss he took me for a ride the other day he shifts awesome power shifting I cant do that if anything ill lose it on the shifting. But ill try dont wanna mark another loss to the cobra im already 0-1, But I was basicaly stock and pulling 7* timing only running 279-281 hp and hes doin 418 no match.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Oh right update::::

I was talking with the shop tonight and they said it was goin to take a while on the dyno to get the drivability tuning down and then fine tuning it to make everything run good, I dont really know what is involved in this but hey my tuner knows what hes doing. My new expected date is this friday if everything goes to plan and works the way they expect it too it should be done and tuned by then. They said they were goin to try to get the tuner in sooner but doesnt look good. Ill be updating again let everybody know.

By the way anything i can let the shop know to look for that is usualy a problem with h/c setups for our ls1's i told him about the p/v float or whatever it is called and they said theyd take a look and make sure its good, anything else i should clue them in on.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

By listening to you it's just scary I hope everything is right on your part.
As for Kevin,he does know how to tune very well.To give you an idea it would of taken me 2 hour's to tune the car and about 1/2 hour to install that pulley.After you get the car back check under the pulley and make sure no oil is coming out behind it.I just have a feeling they might have no idea on how to line up the front seal.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:14 AM
12 Second Club

Great... So if its is leaking?? are you retiring seriously??? how long do you think it would take you to fix that cause i have a feeling im prob goin to be getting ahold of you real soon.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn sorry to hear about all your troubles. Hope its all worked out for you. I am very interested in seeing what kind of #'s you get with thay=t cam. I am actually looking at that cam now
Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Ok now its saturday, and they had to put the stock pulley back on.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Who is tuning it for you? i may be trailewring my car home in a couple weeks (hopefully with a bigger cam) and i need a local tuner up there. I am from Bellingham. I am also hoping tp go up tp NE dragway and make a few passes.

Rob
Old 07-15-2006, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
Who is tuning it for you? i may be trailewring my car home in a couple weeks (hopefully with a bigger cam) and i need a local tuner up there. I am from Bellingham. I am also hoping tp go up tp NE dragway and make a few passes.

Rob

Kevin H at new england dyno and tuning in douglas, this may not make it i dont think they are a sponsor yet but have been talking to the site owner and are in the process..
Old 07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

oh, well I dont think I will be bringing my car home this time Its just not worth towing it all that way just for one track day I cant drive it at home (expired inspection)