23.47%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Highest torque from stock 346 (NA) on pump gas?? Post up if you make 430+

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh good call on the weather station!!! I will do that

Meanwhile, go take that pressurized atmosphere out of your car and see what that MOTOR runs

My lil 347 is only a few tenths back from you and Im ALL MOTOR

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Ya must be

2,500lbs dynojet rollers are much easier on cars

Try keeping the weather station on your dyno jet away from the bullet heater
Old 02-21-2007, 11:05 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by echo3313
How are you gonna call BS on numbers? its a dyno result, a dyno is a machine to simulate driving conditions and output the power compariable. They have provided a ligit graph with a more than impressive curve. When the car goes to the track and puts up a timeslip, then you can say what you want. Until till then you cant say anything negative about the numbers the car is putting out with the combo chosen and the tune...
Dynos are easily manipulated and some are more generous than others.

Most Dynojets have a 2500lb roller, so unless your car is 2500lbs. your not getting a true HP number to the wheels

This doesnt need to start a war if you believe the numbers thats great I just said I'm doubting them til I see some track times.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Ahhh good call on the weather station!!! I will do that

Meanwhile, go take that pressurized atmosphere out of your car and see what that MOTOR runs

My lil 347 is only a few tenths back from you and Im ALL MOTOR
Put 800lbs back in your race car and see what it runs
Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by echo3313
How are you gonna call BS on numbers? its a dyno result, a dyno is a machine to simulate driving conditions and output the power compariable. They have provided a ligit graph with a more than impressive curve. When the car goes to the track and puts up a timeslip, then you can say what you want. Until till then you cant say anything negative about the numbers the car is putting out with the combo chosen and the tune...

How do you consider the graph legit? It produced near 390tq @ 3000rpm and still managed to pull off 520+hp @ 6500. Those two don't go together on a 346. You can throw a 240/244 cam at a 346 and make high HP all day long, but you don't get the bottom end to go with it. There isn't no secret parts here. It's ported heads, a XE-R cam, and a ported intake. Same thing that has been going on for years now, but some how, this one achieves the impossible. Best of both worlds. Stroker like tq and 500+hp figures.

... my point being, many are calling BS and until the results show at the track, we are going to continue to.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

800lbs and a bottle and I will still be quicker/faster than you

FWIW, All DynoJet 224x Drums weigh the same. That being said, if this Z06 made 300 stock and 450 with our package on it nobody would second guess it. We broke new barriers and people do not think it is true... Simple concept. I would be a doubter myself if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes several times now.

Put 800lbs back in your race car and see what it runs
Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sport Side
How do you consider the graph legit? It produced near 390tq @ 3000rpm and still managed to pull off 520+hp @ 6500. Those two don't go together on a 346. You can throw a 240/244 cam at a 346 and make high HP all day long, but you don't get the bottom end to go with it. There isn't no secret parts here. It's ported heads, a XE-R cam, and a ported intake. Same thing that has been going on for years now, but some how, this one achieves the impossible. Best of both worlds. Stroker like tq and 500+hp figures.

... my point being, many are calling BS and until the results show at the track, we are going to continue to.
Just to clairfy, what exactly are you calling BS on? The dyno? The numbers? The printer for the graph? I understand the doubt with the range but come on man, have some faith...

Well Ron, i think they finally must have figured out the the graphs are hand drawn.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sport Side

not just this one ignorant.AFR ,ETP and others are getting the same numbers. So, you're just making yourself look foolish here.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, this thread started off great, everyone talking about their setups and posting dyno graphs in accordance with the title. Now it's gone completely off topic and "calling BS" on everyone's setups.

Can we get back on topic here? I'm interested in heads/cam combos that make big torque....
Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Sport SideHow do you consider the graph legit? How do you consider it falsified?It produced near 390tq @ 3000rpm and still managed to pull off 520+hp @ 6500.Your point? Those two don't go together on a 346.Why, because you have not seen it posted on the internet before? You can throw a 240/244 cam at a 346 and make high HP all day long, but you don't get the bottom end to go with it. Again, what is your thought process on this?There isn't no secret parts here.Isnt no secret parts here.... Are you sure It's ported heads,No, actually they are TrickFlow Cylinder heads with a 13.5* Valve angle with better MID LIFT flow #s than other heads out there thus producing more power UNDER THE CURVE than your typical combination. Pair that with LG longtubes which are proven to make more torque and the result may surprise you. a XE-R cam Are you sure? Do you know the lobes/cam profile?, and a ported intake.Yea, we all port the FAST the same, no big secrets there Same thing that has been going on for years now, but some how, this one achieves the impossible.Impossible because you say so or because it hasnt been done yet? I remember when 400rwhp cam only was "impossible" Best of both worlds. Stroker like tq and 500+hp figures.Hmm, most strokers I have seen tend to produce 500 ftlbs..... I guess all of those dyno results were falsified also

... my point being, many are calling BS and until the results show at the track, we are going to continue to I would expect nothing less. Look at what Cartek and LG had to go through for years when they were producing some of the highest #s out there. It took people years to figure out Cartek was using a Raised runner floor in the LS6 heads to make the #s they were.... Still turned out to be legit.

It is nice to know people would rather sit around on the net and call "BS" than support the guys who are pushing the envelope. I guess if it were up to some of you, we would all have B1/T1 camshafts and make 375rwhp ......

Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by miami993c297
I just voted in the 455+ as my engine did 455 flat

Christian
very nice set up, solid roller im assuming?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Veteran

It is nice to know people would rather sit around on the net and call "BS" than support the guys who are pushing the envelope. I guess if it were up to some of you, we would all have B1/T1 camshafts and make 375rwhp
Ron, what are you talking about? Obviously I would support it if I felt it was realistic. I don't however. So now, I'm just sitting on the internet not supporting you for pushing the envelope? Whether all of my points are moot or not, going against your results doesn't make me wrong... I just don't believe it. Simple as that.

Here's another reason why, and it could actually be related back to the 'torque' part of this thread.

My main point is that this car is making 390 tq @ 3000 rpm w/ a 240 cam. What would happen if this particular car had a 220 cam in it? What sorta torque would it produce then? Upwards of 400? That sounds legit to you? Big torque is possible out of any setup. It's just to achieve this, it becomes very hard to grab that big HP number on the other end. That's my concern.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

800lbs and a bottle and I will still be quicker/faster than you .
Prove it!

Until you've been faster than me you have'nt
UD LUZE!

FWIW, All DynoJet 224x Drums weigh the same. That being said, if this Z06 made 300 stock and 450 with our package on it nobody would second guess it. We broke new barriers and people do not think it is true... Simple concept. I would be a doubter myself if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes several times now
I know they weigh the same thats why we chose a Mustang dyno it simulates the true weight of the car.

I guess your 2,500lb roller works good for your gutted tin can race car though
Old 02-21-2007, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Prove it!

Until you've been faster than me you have'nt
UD LUZE!

I know they weigh the same thats why we chose a Mustang dyno it simulates the true weight of the car.

I guess your 2,500lb roller works good for your gutted tin can race car though
Gettin touchy I see... LMFAO!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Gettin touchy I see... LMFAO!!!
Right

Dont you have some sick whips to build?
I mean 12 second 500hp monsters

Old 02-21-2007, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Right

Dont you have some sick whips to build?
I mean 12 second 500hp monsters

Now just because we havent ran 10s, doesnt mean we are going to run 12s... Dont be a hater man, we cant all run 9s on nitrous.... O wait, I was doing that 3 years ago in a SIX SPEED STREET CAR with FULL INTERIOR and exhuast... I guess your glory isnt as "glorified" as you thought
Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just find it funny. When I am asked questions about a setup, I answer them all. I dont get on here trying to change the subject and playing middle school games. Bottom line is if you know how cams work and what makes torque, it is hard to believe. We have asked to see cranking compression numbers, and I have seen nothing on it yet. For a cam that size to make the cyl pressure at 3k rpm for that torque, it would kill the top end. This is what everyone in the racing world fights against. Give us the info and maybe some doubts will go away. Seeing as the other thread was deleted though, I am sure there were just some questions you did not want to answer.

There are a lot of "uninformed" people on this board who believe everything they see. Then there are the people that understand motors a little more and want to know the details when they see results that are unusual in comparison to others. Like I said, give us the information we ask for and you could sell a lot more of these packages if the information is true. I honestly wish I had the money to buy the package from you and test it on my own. I have not seen any independent installs AND dynos. Repeatable is believable, and until that happens people will always doubt it.

Last edited by WS6FirebirdTA00; 02-21-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00

There are a lot of "uninformed" people on this board who believe everything they see. Then there are the people that understand motors a little more and want to know the details when they see results that are unusual in comparison to others. Like I said, give us the information we ask for and you could sell a lot more of these packages if the information is true. I honestly wish I had the money to buy the package from you and test it on my own. I have not seen any independent installs AND dynos. Repeatable is believable, and until that happens people will always doubt it.

Great post!

Ron@vagrancy ...I dont care what your gutted terd ran 3 years ago.
Stop lying and post up some facts to back up these numbers.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
very nice set up, solid roller im assuming?
Hi SSilverSSurfer,

No this is still on Hydraulic...

But not cheap...
I have the MOREL's

The push rods are the Three Pieces Pro-Series Heavy Wall

The valve springs are the FTI PS4 Valve Spring upgrade

And my Rockers are the Hrland Sharp upgrade modification

Plus mainly the Camshaft was design by Ed Curtis with lobes that could achieve a 7400rpm, reving without any Valve Float on Hydraulic...look like the ultimate step versus the known technology about springs and steel !!!

But better will come, just a matter of time and of Industry Research...

Here is a video of how the engine in reving (high) in board, it was a 77° Florida day, I start in second, thanks it was sticky enough and we were two in the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhRh7XZ8Gw

Regards
Christian
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Christian,

Those are some good looking parts
Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Here in DFW we just ask for another dyno from another shop.... in our case it didnt turn out so well.......

Quick Reply: Highest torque from stock 346 (NA) on pump gas?? Post up if you make 430+