Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Torquer V.3 cam only numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torquer V.3 cam only numbers!!

417.66 rwhp 377.49 rwtq

Mods are: Pacesetter coated headers, TSP catted Y, Corsa cat back, Fast 90 intake manifold /NW 90 throttle body, Granatelli 85mm MAF, Meizere EWP, Powerbond underdrive pulley, K&N FIPK, 160* thermostat, Torquer V.3 231/234 .643/.598 111LSA, chromoly 7.4" pushrods, PRC gold springs, GM LS2 timing chain, ported LS6 oil pump.

Dyno chart looking thing (hopefully TSP will post a better one if there is one):

Video of cold start from my buddy (I hope this link works):
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gAnch=imgAnch1

Second video where he actually took it up to redline:

EDIT: TSP has some good videos on the dyno once they post them, so stay tuned!

Last edited by msgZ28; 10-31-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great numbers and great looking car man.lose the catted y pipe i bet it would make more hp.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude are you nuts...1. reving a cold motor is not a good idea for your springs..

2.. these ls1s DONT like to free rev. and expecially held there for no reason

good numbers nontheless but whats the point of posting vids of reving when we want to hear the idle? sorry for the flaming just IMO
Old 10-31-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slimcracka
good numbers nontheless but whats the point of posting vids of reving when we want to hear the idle? sorry for the flaming just IMO
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is the tq low
Old 10-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by slimcracka
dude are you nuts...1. reving a cold motor is not a good idea for your springs..

2.. these ls1s DONT like to free rev. and expecially held there for no reason

I'm 6000 some odd miles from the car. I take what I can get for videos. I didn't know that was bad for the car, and neither did the guy that has the car right now. I can tell him to get a video of it just idleling though.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

NIce numbers and good cam choice!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Would have put down more numbers if you took it to 7k.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Exactly or atleast to 6700rpm and set the rev limiter at 6800rpm cause obviously the Curve was climbing steadily and peak-power not obtained yet

Anyway very impressive numbers & Congrats buddy

peace
Old 11-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by venom ws7
great numbers and great looking car man.lose the catted y pipe i bet it would make more hp.
Being in the military, I don't know where I will end up and might not be able to get home for an inspection. So I just wanted to avoid the trouble if I had to get inspected somewhere where they actually cared. Once I am out and settled, you can rest assured that the emissions stuff is coming off, and probably some true duals. But that will be a few years.
Originally Posted by 99zman
why is the tq low
Do you think the torque is that low? What are the average numbers from TRak and Torquer V.2 cams since they are similar?
Originally Posted by DietCoke
Originally Posted by bad95killer
Exactly or atleast to 6700rpm and set the rev limiter at 6800rpm cause obviously the Curve was climbing steadily and peak-power not obtained yet
Don't know what to say about that. TSP will have to chime in and explain why the graph stops short of 6500rpm.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by msgZ28
Being in the military, I don't know where I will end up and might not be able to get home for an inspection. So I just wanted to avoid the trouble if I had to get inspected somewhere where they actually cared. Once I am out and settled, you can rest assured that the emissions stuff is coming off, and probably some true duals. But that will be a few years.

Do you think the torque is that low? What are the average numbers from TRak and Torquer V.2 cams since they are similar?

Don't know what to say about that. TSP will have to chime in and explain why the graph stops short of 6500rpm.
First of all, just register the car out of state. You're in the military, nobody asks questions. The only reason I register my car in state is that they do not require emissions testing in my county. As soon as they do you can be assured that the car will be registered in TX or FL.

The torque is a little low, but in line for that cam on all the graphs I have seen. I did 420/395 with V1 of the torquer cam. Cam only and bolt ons, but those numbers are higher than most other 233/239 numbers I have seen.

Take it past 6300 man. That cam probably doesnt peak til 6500 and it could hold to beyond that depending on what the graph looks like.

Nate
Old 11-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
First of all, just register the car out of state. You're in the military, nobody asks questions. The only reason I register my car in state is that they do not require emissions testing in my county. As soon as they do you can be assured that the car will be registered in TX or FL.

The torque is a little low, but in line for that cam on all the graphs I have seen. I did 420/395 with V1 of the torquer cam. Cam only and bolt ons, but those numbers are higher than most other 233/239 numbers I have seen.

Take it past 6300 man. That cam probably doesnt peak til 6500 and it could hold to beyond that depending on what the graph looks like.

Nate
It will stay registered in Texas, but if you get inspected out of state, don't you have to comply with that area's emissions? At least have cats if they require a visual check?

Yeah, I looked through a bunch of other graphs for this cam and similar, and the only ones with a good bit more torque were newer cars with the better factory heads. I more than likely have the 853 heads, don't know if that will make that much of a difference though. The cats and emissions are probably killing it.

From Brian@TSP:
The car makes peak power right at 6400 and will start to drop off after that. I would shift at about 6500RPMs. Unlike the guy who posted that wanted us to spin it to 7000RPM, we won't do that on a stock bottom end car that doesn't belong to us.
I don't know what the rev limiter is set at though. I wish TSP would get in here, post my vids, and answer some of the questions. The car hasn't been done for that long though, and I am sure they are busy. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

are you still on the 10 bolt or do you have a different axle in there?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Stock 10 bolt with stock 3.42's. Hope I don't break it when I finally get home on leave.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Banned

It will stay registered in Texas, but if you get inspected out of state, don't you have to comply with that area's emissions? At least have cats if they require a visual check?

Yeah, I looked through a bunch of other graphs for this cam and similar, and the only ones with a good bit more torque were newer cars with the better factory heads. I more than likely have the 853 heads, don't know if that will make that much of a difference though. The cats and emissions are probably killing it.

From Brian@TSP:

I don't know what the rev limiter is set at though. I wish TSP would get in here, post my vids, and answer some of the questions. The car hasn't been done for that long though, and I am sure they are busy. Hopefully it will be soon.
Stock 806 castings milled .010" and I still make those numbers. You don't even have to have cats. Just say you bought it as is.

Nate
Old 11-03-2006, 05:01 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

For those who were asking for it, I finally recieved a video of the car idleing.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

For those who were asking for it, I finally recieved a video of the car idleing.

Thats much better man & your car sounds NASTY on Idle

peace
Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

Ahhh yes....that is music to my ears.... ya know...its 7am here. Maybe I should open the cutout and fire her up while head out of the neighborhood to work

R/

Frat
Old 11-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by Fratsit
Ahhh yes....that is music to my ears.... ya know...its 7am here. Maybe I should open the cutout and fire her up while head out of the neighborhood to work

R/

Frat
That sounds like a great idea. You got any numbers on yours yet?
Old 11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Puttin her on the rollers tomorrow, although it will be untuned. I ordered EFilive and an LM1 from Greenlight Motorsports today.... as soon as that gets here I am going back for the tune.

I'll PM you some untuned numbers and AFR's tomorrow night. I am still running the stock pully and LS1 intake so even with the tune I'll be leaving some on the table.

I'll be in touch....

R/

Frat