Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

What did it take you to reach 400whp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GOAT CHEESE- now i'm giving one back to you bro,PERFECT. you're right,alot of people are blinded by fake #'s and think boltons will give them a 400hp + car. if it was only that easy. my dyno #'s don't mean **** to me....only the track will tell. you're doing a great job at keeping it real.

Last edited by mike c.; 11-17-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/556573-f13-dyno-graph.html

Currently ran:

1.97 60'
7.961 @ 91.95 MPH
12.172 @ 117.68 MPH

Highest trap was 118.98 MPH.

Before it was tuned it dyno'd 377rwhp (had cats at the time) and ran:

2.170 60'
8.480 @ 88.93 MPH
12.808 @ 115.18 MPH

Last edited by Keenov; 11-17-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Regardless of what *** cheese says,

I had long tubes, true duals, lid, G5X3 112, PRC duals and a tune and I put down 408/372(dynojet)

Edit- just for you *** cheese, I ALSO ran a 12.3 @ 117.55 with a 2.0 '60 on DR's with that power level and stock 10 bolt.
MORON! I can build an internet race car too! Post pictures of two independent timeslips from two different days. Don't copy the numbers, I wanna see the real timeslips. Or maybe you only ever raced the car one time, and you throw away all your timeslips?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcamarols1
also goat cheese in ur sig u state that an f-body only makes 245hp, this shows u havn't followed the the f-body era that still strong as ever, ur just a geek that got an A in physics and u think ur a HP calculator. what if im driving a the ls7 vette shift at 4500 and miss 3rd and give you a 2.5short time, and a 13.8 1/4 mile time @ 99mph, how much hp does my car have? ***??? answer that??
Well...***! During that particular pass the car would have only used a portion of it's available power. If you forget to pull your rev chip and the thing shoots ducks at 3500 Rpm's did the engine just loose 200 horse, or do you simply not have an F-ing clue and shouldn't be anyware near a race track? As far as me being a geek with an "A" in phsycs...hardly, but I will say you know nothing about me, what I've done, who I know, or where I've been. Kids today, can't reason with them, can't shoot 'em.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GOaT Cheese
Well...***! During that particular pass the car would have only used a portion of it's available power. If you forget to pull your rev chip and the thing shoots ducks at 3500 Rpm's did the engine just loose 200 horse, or do you simply not have an F-ing clue and shouldn't be anyware near a race track? As far as me being a geek with an "A" in phsycs...hardly, but I will say you know nothing about me, what I've done, who I know, or where I've been. Kids today, can't reason with them, can't shoot 'em.
what bout the comparison???? y didnt u say **** bout that???
Old 11-18-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

MORON! I can build an internet race car too! Post pictures of two independent timeslips from two different days. Don't copy the numbers, I wanna see the real timeslips. Or maybe you only ever raced the car one time, and you throw away all your timeslips?
Give me a chance to get it scanned and I'll personally PM it to you AND post it. I also have my dyno sheet(s) from TWO independant dynos.

Edit- as for the two different days, not possible but i made 4 passes that night. I'll gladly post them for you.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

The mods in my sig.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what bout the comparison???? y didnt u say **** bout that???
The comparrison is irrelevent. For argument sake lets just assume that there was no bias whatsoever, and both dyno pulls for both cars were exactly identical (tie downs tightened the same, airflow through radiator the same, driven exactly the same). The Camaro put down 292.8 h.p. at the wheels, agreed? The list of stupid begginer bolt-ons most of these guys have isn't going to add OVER 100 h.p. to the wheels!!
Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

You would do well to spend a weekend in BANNED camp. Just to much anger to be in this group of friendly people. Go hit the weights, rub one out, or if you use STEROIDS get off of them. You just are not a very pleasent person to have around from what I read in your posts with all the name calling. lol
Seriously J/K with ya so don't go on a tirade ok.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
You would do well to spend a weekend in BANNED camp. Just to much anger to be in this group of friendly people. Go hit the weights, rub one out, or if you use STEROIDS get off of them. You just are not a very pleasent person to have around from what I read in your posts with all the name calling. lol
Seriously J/K with ya so don't go on a tirade ok.
You're right, I tend to get worked up. I'm just passionate about the hobby.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

We all are man. No need to go on a power trip and try to make everyone think the way you do. Be easy man.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

The comparrison is irrelevent. For argument sake lets just assume that there was no bias whatsoever, and both dyno pulls for both cars were exactly identical (tie downs tightened the same, airflow through radiator the same, driven exactly the same). The Camaro put down 292.8 h.p. at the wheels, agreed? The list of stupid begginer bolt-ons most of these guys have isn't going to add OVER 100 h.p. to the wheels!!
After re-reading everything that was posted in this thread, anyone who has claimed 400+ RWHP has done so with listed bolt-ons and a cam or cam and heads. I think all of us would agree that is reasonable enough.

I'm sure there are plenty of ego inflated dyno #'s out there, but 400rwhp is a benchmark that many people want to reach. Some people never get to the track to verify their dyno gains are accurate.

Had the original poster asked for dyno #'s and track times to back them up, the results would be interesting, but it seems he is just phishing for information.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

what if im driving a the ls7 vette shift at 4500 and miss 3rd and give you a 2.5short time, and a 13.8 1/4 mile time @ 99mph, how much hp does my car have? ***??? answer that??
No way you can get an accurate number from that pass. Obviously you know that from the tone of your post.
As long as the pass uses all of the available rpm range, you can get pretty close with the MPH and weight. 60ft and 330ft E/T's will of course show the poor traction, but you can still get an idea of what it might run with better traction. Example - a good friend of mine had a heads cam 5.0L that ran consistant 12.40's @ 108 with a decent drag suspension. He decided to take up road racing and converted the entire suspension. He later ran 13.30's at the track, but still managed to get to 108 mph.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

ALRIGHT GOATCHEESE, IM OFF UR BACK FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT I DONT HAVE A TIME SLIP TO SHOW YOU, BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT W/ THE MODS IN MY SIG I CAN GO LOW 12'S w/ GOOD TRACTION, AS FOR YOU HAMMERTIME, I HIT ABOUT 113MPH ON A STREET RUN, ON STREET TIRES, I DONT KNO HOW MUCH HP THAT IS???

THE DYNO SAID 406WHP AND 375WTQ, DO BELIEVE SHE HAS THAT MUCH??? ABSOLUTLY!!! ALL THE MODS IN MY SIG HAVE BEEN DONE BY ME, I HAD FUN DOING EVERYTHING AND IN THE END ITS THE SEAT OF PANTS FEEL, THE LOPE OF THE CAM, AND OF COURSE THE TIME SLIP TO BACK UP ALL THE TALK, UNFORTNLY I DONT HAVE A TIME SLIP GOATCHEESE, BUT REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH HP MY CAR HAS I LOVE IT, AND SO DOES EVRYONE ELSE ON HERE! NO HARD FEELINGS PAL JUST CAR TALK, LATER BRO SAFE RACING TO ALL OF YOU!!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks bro, and welcome back to the group. I though we lost you there for a second.

I went back and read your posts, and you seem to know what you are talking about. What kind of background do you have as far as engine building|??

My background is only from reading, watching and hands on experience. I do all the basics oil changes, plugs, wires. You obviously have more experience then me. I had to pay the pros to do my upgrades. Again glad to have you back. We're all friends even when we disagree. You definately have your right to your own opinion. Please keep the informative posts coming....
Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

400rwhp = One Trex cam package using the brakes on the dyno to acheive the 400rwhp ### hahaha
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I DONT HAVE A TIME SLIP TO SHOW YOU, BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT W/ THE MODS IN MY SIG I CAN GO LOW 12'S w/ GOOD TRACTION, AS FOR YOU HAMMERTIME, I HIT ABOUT 113MPH ON A STREET RUN, ON STREET TIRES, I DONT KNO HOW MUCH HP THAT IS???

THE DYNO SAID 406WHP AND 375WTQ, DO BELIEVE SHE HAS THAT MUCH???
Too many vairables left to give you any accurate numbers. What was the weight of your car when you made your 'street run' and how was the time measured? A G-tech performance meter measures differently than the timers at the strip, and their mph tends to be optomistic. Also, was that a two way average on the same road?

Since your car has a 12-bolt, SFC's, LCA's and torque arm, I'll assume it's heavier than average. Calculate HP From MPH and Weight:
HP = (((MPH / 234)^3) * Weight)
so (((113/234)^3)*3800) = 427.9hp
link to formulas
Old 11-22-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hammertime
Too many vairables left to give you any accurate numbers. What was the weight of your car when you made your 'street run' and how was the time measured? A G-tech performance meter measures differently than the timers at the strip, and their mph tends to be optomistic. Also, was that a two way average on the same road?

Since your car has a 12-bolt, SFC's, LCA's and torque arm, I'll assume it's heavier than average. Calculate HP From MPH and Weight:
HP = (((MPH / 234)^3) * Weight)
so (((113/234)^3)*3800) = 427.9hp
link to formulas
well i dont kno the time on that run just the mph, we measuerd out a 1/4mile on a long straight and my mph was 113ish, and my race wieght i dont kno never been to a scale, everything in my sig, the 18 in wheels, and my system, got two amps, a 12in sub and the box for it, still got my spare, and plus me 180lbs so i wouldnt kno???
Old 11-23-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i dont kno the time on that run just the mph, we measuerd out a 1/4mile on a long straight and my mph was 113ish, and my race wieght i dont kno never been to a scale, everything in my sig, the 18 in wheels, and my system, got two amps, a 12in sub and the box for it, still got my spare, and plus me 180lbs so i wouldnt kno???
Really tough to say on that one, but 406rwhp ain't nothin to sneeze at. Get your car to a public scale and a track, and you can figure it out with that formula.

Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

It's all in My sig did 416.55 rwhp not corrected

Quick Reply: What did it take you to reach 400whp?