Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

My first dyno run...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My first dyno run and tune...

I just got it done at RMCR here in Colorado Springs. Mods are in sig. Graph shows baseline and then final on the 3rd pull. I figured she might be running a bit rich, turns out it was about 1.5 pts. lean and getting some knock too. Also got my emissions deleted (no more light!), lower fan temp., 6600 rpm rev limiter, skip shift eliminated too. These are dynojet corrected numbers at 28%. This altitude up here kills, I'm actually putting only about 260 to the rear wheels up here. Overall I'm really happy in how the car drives now. Smoother running and accelerating, and don't forget faster. I guess the numbers are about right. Not having an LS6 intake is probably killing me though. I'll have to get one when the heads and cam go in.

Whaddya guys think?

Vid should be uploaded soon.

Last edited by joblo1978; 11-16-2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 11-16-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

what year is the car? not bad at all for just the few mods you have done. save up and get a FAST 90mm manifold and Nick williams TB. you can find the fast intake for around 600 or more if you really look. if you want a killer head cam setup with an awesome intake, go with what i said above. WS6FirebirdTA00 has AFR205's and a F13 cam, he gained a good bit all across the board with the addition of the fast intake. my stock internals car gained 8HP and 13TQ .. but thats before tuning it and now the reason i got that intake comes out... rear mount turbo
Old 11-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
what year is the car? not bad at all for just the few mods you have done. save up and get a FAST 90mm manifold and Nick williams TB. you can find the fast intake for around 600 or more if you really look. if you want a killer head cam setup with an awesome intake, go with what i said above. WS6FirebirdTA00 has AFR205's and a F13 cam, he gained a good bit all across the board with the addition of the fast intake. my stock internals car gained 8HP and 13TQ .. but thats before tuning it and now the reason i got that intake comes out... rear mount turbo

It's a 2000 with about 52k on the clock.

I just can't see paying that much for an intake and TB. Besides, I've ported my stock TB so I'm just going to go with an LS6. I think that FAST intake is overrated. As far as heads and cam go, if I bought a setup right now, I'd probably go with some of the Edelbrock Terminators and maybe an MS3.

I might upgrade to a 12 bolt with 4.11's before I do any more engine mods though. I've bought lots of things for the car recently and still have some things to install and some more racing experience to aquire.