Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynojet vs dyno dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is up with Keith, thinking about having him build an engine. Is this a bad idea?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline-Motorsports
The Dyno Dynamics dyno is approx. 12-14% off from what most DynoJets read. Bottom line is that comparing dyno numbers between different dynos is a never ending debate. Dynos are only good for baselining and measuring +/-'s from there. We baseline every car we modify. If the car comes in making 300 and leaves making 440, it increased its power by 140. The Dyno Dynamics dyno is a true tuners dyno. It measures torque with an actual torque load sensor vs. the DJ which calculates torque by measure speed, rate of speed vs. a known weight (the drum).

We have dyno'ed a ton of bone stock cars which we all know have a "range" of rear wheel readings that we have been able to "offset" with the 12-14 % and lock the dyno at that reading. We haven't touched it since we bought the dyno. A bone stock C6 will make 345-355 RWHP and we see them in that range at the 12.5%. Again what's important is that it leaves with more!
stock C6 dynos about 350 on my DJ, I like it its been a trouble free dyno for years, I can tune quite well on it, which I think is more important then the dyno itself its how well does the tuner know their equipment, etc. for example I had a PSCA car with a SB2 setup and a massive single turbo wanting some dyno time, but the tuner was asking for a mustang dyno the owner wanted to come to my shop, I sent them down the street to a mustang dyno, becuase of the very reason I stated above, and I would have loved to seen that car.

BTW that is a real nice toy collection you have

Quick Reply: Dynojet vs dyno dynamics