Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

NA 6.0l (370) Record???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This could possibally be believeable (still no likley) if it were a 3.42 gear'd, stock driveline M6, but for the power robing DL he has, I just can't see it. 550 rwhp is hard enough to hit in M6 400+ cubes cars. If it is in fact true, your friend has the most extremley efficent motor I've ever heard of. I'm going to have to say dyno calibration error or some sort of other fluke.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something is wrong with that graph. I dont believe it at all.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
Dont know why you would close the thread. The original question has yet to be answered. The owner of the car does not post often and i believe might be spending time with family at the moment so maybe you could be gracious enough to leave the thread open till after christmas.
Roger that.. I will give it until New Years for the owner of the car to respond. If he does not back up the one starting this thread with believable information then I will have to call BS..
Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you sir.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like some pretty crazy numbers for a 370 through that heavy of drivetrain.....never heard of a pump gas friendly, hydraulic cam 370 making anywhere near that kind of power.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Considering the drivetrain, we are looking at damn near 700 horse at the motor. Assuming 700 horse, that is about 1.9 horse per cubic inch. There is no way this motor is doing that by 6600 rpm's. Definately is not going to happen with this compression and pump gas. Something is being left out of the combo or the dyno is REALLY out of calibration. A small change in the correction factors on the dyno can skew the numbers drastically...basically operator error.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

my motor with a similar drivetrain made less than 500rwhp and went 10.30s its first pass and it is a 408 with et245s. I doubt this is even possible with pump gas
Old 12-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
something is wrong with that graph. I dont believe it at all.
Something is weird...the torque and the hp peak at almost the same mph/rpm. That doesn't happen.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:14 AM
rhd
Staging Lane

i'd like to see a common graph with the hp/tq being on the SAME scale, and run by RPM any not MPH

he should do another run with a video camera on the screen and his car.....
Old 12-24-2006, 12:25 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he didn't even take the video someone else, he dosen't care about impressing any of you belive it when you see it
Old 12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone know the highest dynoing 6.0l NA? Buddy of mine had his dynoed yesterday. all motor through a th400, 3800 stall and a 12 bolt

555 rwhp 506 rwtq

Sorry, this dyno isn't legit. I don't know why it would be posted.Look at the curves.It's saying the 370ci hit's peak power at around 5000rpm. This is just the way the converter unloaded on the dyno.We see it all the time in our A3 cars.It unloads and shoots the #'s way up.If it was a 6 speed car the "dyno" #'s would be atleast 100hp less.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

riiight...
Old 12-25-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

he has a 4.11 gear in the rear and if he dynoed in 2nd on a dyno it would show less hp would it not??? i just know that i dynoed my M6 in 3rd one time for ***** and giggles and it showed less hp
No b/c when an Automatic car downshifts on the dyno b/c the guy driving the car punches the throttle too early, the numbers put out by the car due to the mechanical advantage of the lower tranny gear makes the dyno read outrageously high numbers. When I had my old motor with an auto tranny and a hotcam and LS1 intake, the car made 365 hp at the wheels. But on one run, the guy driving the car punched it too early and the car downshifted to the dyno read upwards of 475 hp. I cant remember exactly but that was the printout I wanted to go mess with my friends. HEHE! By your logic, an M6 car would pull harder in 4th gear than it would in 3rd, or 2nd, or 1st. We all know that this is not the case. how many cars can dead hook 1st through 3rd, then blow the tires off in 4th?!?!?! Think your **** through before you type it out!!!

Last edited by moeZ28; 12-25-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 537 Likes on 381 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

This is the earliest April fool's joke ever.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by moeZ28
Think your **** through before you type it out!!!
no need to be rude fuckstick. I will be the first to tell you i know nothing about autos or dynoing an auto, But i do know that everytime i have been to a dyno session where an auto car downshifts on the dyno it shows a HUGE tq spike and this never showed on this dyno.

Originally Posted by moeZ28
By your logic, an M6 car would pull harder in 4th gear than it would in 3rd, or 2nd, or 1st. We all know that this is not the case. how many cars can dead hook 1st through 3rd, then blow the tires off in 4th?!?!?! :
i never said a M6 car will pull harder in 4th. I simply asked if the dyno would read lower in an auto if the pull was made in a lower gear (as it did in my M6 car). So by my logic your reading comprehension sucks. Wheather his car made this number or not does not matter. Wheather his car is a 370 or not does not matter. All that matters now is that i made a post asking what the highest recorded dyno was for a 370. I did not ask for some dick lick to tell me to think things through because he thinks he is the king of cars
Old 12-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now guys keep it civil...
Old 12-25-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Merry Christmas guys!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

no need to be rude fuckstick. I will be the first to tell you i know nothing about autos or dynoing an auto, But i do know that everytime i have been to a dyno session where an auto car downshifts on the dyno it shows a HUGE tq spike and this never showed on this dyno.

i never said a M6 car will pull harder in 4th. I simply asked if the dyno would read lower in an auto if the pull was made in a lower gear (as it did in my M6 car). So by my logic your reading comprehension sucks. Wheather his car made this number or not does not matter. Wheather his car is a 370 or not does not matter. All that matters now is that i made a post asking what the highest recorded dyno was for a 370. I did not ask for some dick lick to tell me to think things through because he thinks he is the king of cars
King of cars I am not, but why in hell would you even post up dyno numbers and claim its just a 370 if it isnt? No one here wants to see your bullshit posted. This section is for dyno numbers for real cars and real motors, not made up bullshit to try to start something. There has to be some kind of trash talking section on this board somewhere that you can do this **** in, not where people are trying to serious. And yes you did basicly make the statement that a car will pull harder in 4th than than a lower gear b/c you said it will show higher power in 4th than the lower gears. What the **** do you think makes the car pull, your feet peddling Fred Flintstone?? The only reason I brought up the Auto is to illustrate my point. My reading comprehension is just fine, your logic is fucked up, and I am sorry that I embarrassed you in front of everyone to the point you are getting angry. I aint angry, I think its funny you are defending the fact that you lied about the motor, and put up a bullshit graph. A stock LS1 cam peaks power around 5800, so are you all using a smaller cam to peak around 5000 in this BS motor that peaks torque around the same time as it does horsepower? That graph and video are bullshit, as well as this entire post!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

1. it still does not matter if its a 370 or not. the owner of the cars says it is and him being a buddy that has never hidden anything before i believe him. But that still doesn't matter. The original question i asked has not been answered.

he has a 4.11 gear in the rear and if he dynoed in 2nd on a dyno it would show less hp would it not???
in what way does that show me saying a car will pull harder in 4th??? I have been told by a dyno operator and read on this very board that a dyno is set up to make its calculations in the cars 1:1 gear, if its not in that gear the calculation will be wrong just as it was when i dynoed in 3rd.

3. I am not defending anything. I have stated all the info i know and posted the video and dyno sheet. I actually dont believe it either but cant call BS till i know if its ever been done before.

4. I am not embarrassed nor am i mad. I just think if your going to curse towards me im going to curse back. Again This post is not about the motor being what the owner says it is or the numbers it made being correct, its about finding out what the highest recorded dyno for a 370ci LSx motor is. Once that question is answered we can start calling BS

5. Now as far im concerned this thread can be locked and deleted. here is a PM the owner sent me

LOL T I right now am battling some kind of sickness. I am not mentally preped for the nuke in which that one statement would cause. I ate crap for 3 months when I told everyone I was going to build a 370. Now I am enjoying the fruits of that labor. I dont want to end up getting involved in this 1st hand and it leaving sour grapes in my mouth. I am also not going to get provoked into telling how it was put together also. You rode in the car. You know what it feels like. The dyno may have been skewed (it was a ricer dyno after all) but I dont think 100hp. I did expect 500 at least though. The car is barely streetable. It is a race car as it sits right now. I will be pulling this cam out soon. VERY SOON!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
This could possibally be believeable (still no likley) if it were a 3.42 gear'd, stock driveline M6, but for the power robing DL he has, I just can't see it. 550 rwhp is hard enough to hit in M6 400+ cubes cars. If it is in fact true, your friend has the most extremley efficent motor I've ever heard of. I'm going to have to say dyno calibration error or some sort of other fluke.
Fluke or manipulation of some kind. A second gear pull is going to even read lower than a 1:1 pull. So the 550whp is supposed to be a 2nd gear pull at that? In my mind the whole deal is FUBAR. To me its like a 1.6L honda guy coming on here and claiming 250HP/250 LB. TQ. through an NA motor.

Brandon

Quick Reply: NA 6.0l (370) Record???