Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

700hp. n/a 427

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, just alittle info. My heads ended up at intake to exhaust ratio of of 74%. We did over 290 at .400 and over 320 at .500 and we do not use a very fast ramp cam. The trick flows that I just installed today have a Intake to exhaust ratio of 81% and a very fast ramp rate cam. Can not wait to see what this combo does.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by No Juice
If you are so sure its been done, then why don't you enlighten us oh Godly One!
Or are the details "super secret"?

I believe TPIS does some work with race teams, so I think they know what they are doing.
The details arent too secretive its just that they are pure street race motors and we dont always get to publicize what these peoples motors made.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:12 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
The details arent too secretive its just that they are pure street race motors and we dont always get to publicize what these peoples motors made.

Lets just say I've NEVER seen anyone do it on here. In fact I don't see it being done with C5R heads!

Also if someone was building a "street racers" motor, they wouldn't have to say who's it was. Ity really sounds like all talk to me?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
So you personly were there watching a ls based hydrolic roller motor make 700 hp on an engine dyno? If so telling us what shop did it wouldent be publicizing that persons numbers and would also generate a lot of revenue for that shop im mean 700hp na im interested
Old 02-04-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry guys but my BS meter has been pegged since V6Bird started responding in this thread.

It probably has been done on a $100,000+ secret Katech motor for Chevrolet Racing, but not on something that you would build for a street/track car at a reasonable price.

NASCAR motors get better than 2hp/cubic inch, but I am not expecting that a streetable affordable large lazy motor with hydraulic lifters and a streetable cam will get there easily.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; 02-04-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
So you personly were there watching a ls based hydrolic roller motor make 700 hp on an engine dyno? If so telling us what shop did it wouldent be publicizing that persons numbers and would also generate a lot of revenue for that shop im mean 700hp na im interested
I wasnt there to watch the hydraulic motor dyno, No.

I was there for the 372 motor that is spoken about in the dyno section. I had other issues I was working out that tied me up for a few weeks that I couldnt watch the hydraulic motor get thrashed on.

Perry,

BS meter is lying to you man. There's no reason for me to lie. Reasonable you say? Define your version of Reasonable? I can say that the 372 motor is right around $15G from start to finish and all the road bumps in between in false promises from MSD.

If this shop builds NASCAR motors give me a reason why some of the same concepts wouldnt allow this motor to make similar HP per cubic inch numbers? Lets be logical here and within reason.

A hydraulic motor would prolly be as costly to produce the same results id say. But with a pretty good size cubic inch to start with you dont have to get exoctic to make that kind of power for sure. Just have to know what parts to use in the valvetrain and get minimal friction loss to work in your favor. It all works together as a combo. The shop has already been mentioned in my other thread.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

Actually after I made that post I realized we were talking flywheel hp. So I withdraw my comment. It can be done. Probably not within the budget that TPIS is working with, but certainly at the $15k+ you are talking about.

700 rwhp is a bit more difficult NA.

Sorry about dissing your comments.

Perry
Old 02-05-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pkincy
Actually after I made that post I realized we were talking flywheel hp. So I withdraw my comment. It can be done. Probably not within the budget that TPIS is working with, but certainly at the $15k+ you are talking about.

700 rwhp is a bit more difficult NA.

Sorry about dissing your comments.

Perry
No problem.

Not that its really difficult either. But without the right parts in order to do it, you are right it will cost you.