Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

ETP 225 small bore results. Need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1408cp
ha fix it then, you kept the temps down did you have backwoods billy running a hose on the motor?
I'm not gonna stoop to your level of 3rd grade antics. None of this concerns you anyways.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for posting the follow thru!

You suck for teasing us about the issue with the lifters.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

derrick, sorry to hear about your problems, if you need any help let me know.
I've never had a problem getting my LS1's to run under 160 degrees going down the highway.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I took the plastic air dam thing, that goes across, off the front one time and forgot to put it back on. My car was running really hot while driving but would cool when I came to a stop. Is it overheating at idle, driving, WOT or all the above?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer Derrick... good luck on the build. Lemme know what happens.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you have been through a lot with this whole ordeal. At any rate I am very sorry to hear that you finally get it done and your numbers aren't where they should be, then to add insult to injury now you are suffering from overheating issues. Sounds like you are in the same boat as me, if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

The guys at LG Motorsports are true leaders in the industry when it comes to standing behind there work, and customer service is unparalled. Bobby and Louis really hooked me up. The extra mile that everyone went to get my car right was great. Thats why I will definately stick with them for all my future performance needs.

Maybe you should consider a road trip to LG Motorsports and set up an appointment with them. Get your car checked over and hooked up correctly. Hell I have been there 3 times. Drove 15 hours from Michigan. No regrets at all. Loved the road trip and really got to see a good bit of the country. Trust me, if and when you get there you get treated like family. Get the car there by 8 am, they can start it at 9 am and problably have a solution in no time. They'll present the options and you decide what you want done. Go rent a car and check out Wiley, TX and the surrounding area. Lots of good restaurants. Nice place to stay for a few days, and when your car is done turn in your rental and go feel the difference that LG Motorsports made in your car. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

I was hoping this thread would just die. Both sides spoke their piece.

Chris, please lay off Redline. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with them but they really have treated me professionally. My overheating problems were present long before I ever took my car to them. They at least got the temps from 250 to 220. The stock radiator was obviously clogged and when they had it boiled out it definitely cured "part" of my overheating problem. Please feel free to post in my overheating thread in the Internal Engine section.

At this point I'm not going to keep shelling out money to have someone else try to fix my overheating issue. I'm able but usually not willing and I don't always have the time to do it myself so that is why I often use local shops. I still do a lot of the work on my car myself and this is a situation where it would be best if I personally figure out the overheating problem. I have another thread going because I am looking for ideas but it seems I am ultimately going to have to remove the heads and have them pressure tested. My overheating problems began on my stock motor after the heads were installed and they are still prevalent on my new motor which is using the same heads. It could be coincidence but I have tested nearly every inch of my cooling system and I'm still overheating. So what else is there to check?

If you have a comment about the overheating issue, please post it in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/786044-still-overheating-i-fn-give-up.html

Quick Reply: ETP 225 small bore results. Need opinions.