Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Updated Results for our 416/TrickFlow Stroker...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice job showing how gears affect #'s for the people that live by dyno #'s.Just think what the #'s would be if it had 3.23's.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I wouldn't say those are stellar numbers but they're definitely not horrible. I would think it would hold power longer than it does with those heads. TEA ported heads falling off at 6k?
You have to remember that we designed the TFS 225 heads for a 4.00" bore LS2 engine, they only have 2.055"/1.575" diameter valves....

Maybe someday we might get the big port TFS head finished and be able to swap the heads out to see what kind of difference there is....

But with the Fast 90/90 setup I think the engines are simply running out of air...

Congrats on the power Mike
I wish I had a big motor
Old 03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe its me but i think those #'s are great from an auto. An Intake would help but i would be happy from those #'s!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trickflow 245s and sheetmetal with a 105mm TB. That would be a very interesting swap. Brian, get off your *** and get that port done..........I know you guys arent busy or anything
Old 03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Here we go again...... but at least Chris81 can comprehend the big picture.

As I previously mentioned in the other thread, I specifically asked for my car to remain "street friendly". I got what I asked for, and then some.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm easy to impress, but take a close look at where the tq. is happening, and how LONG and FLAT it holds the peak tq. number.

I like it, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not just good, it's great for a non exotic "budget" build with a baby cam for the inches and a FAST 90/90 combo. But heh.... that's just me. I've got a sneaking suspicion this motor is going to LOVE a big wet HIT.

Maybe I'll just nut up and do a donkey dick cam, Vic jr. or sheetmetal/Accufab combo and re-tune so that it'll push more air, peak @ 7200 somewhere in the neighborhood of 560+ and post the graph so all the narrow minded, non believers can call BS on the numbers.

Please.

Take your stellar 358/378 on corn and go run your 13.1@108

As far as what it did unlocked, Ron may or may not answer that. Personally IDGAF what it dyno'd or that it isn't enough for the internet. What I give a ***** about is what it does at the track, and am confident that while it may or may not ET a stellar number first time out, it will mph.... WELL.

Thanx for all the effort Ron... see you in the AM

*EDIT*: I apologize to those reading this rant.... just get a little weary of all the frowns....
Those are great results. I suscribed to the thread awaiting track numbers. Any guesses as to what it might run? Can you give a ballpark cam specs? 24x/24x? In the future I'm going for the same goals as you. Great street manners, don't care too much about peak #'s. Just want tons of torque on the street. That 500ft-lbs tq line looks great. I would like a sleeper that's why I'll be looking for a big cube motor with a mild cam. Would like to keep idle as tame as possible and have a semi-quiet car.

How much was the block and how much for the heads? What supporting mods do you have?

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
You have to remember that we designed the TFS 225 heads for a 4.00" bore LS2 engine, they only have 2.055"/1.575" diameter valves....

Maybe someday we might get the big port TFS head finished and be able to swap the heads out to see what kind of difference there is....

But with the Fast 90/90 setup I think the engines are simply running out of air...

Congrats on the power Mike
I wish I had a big motor
So you think the intake is what's holding it back not the cam or heads? Is that the limit of 90/90?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

LMAO at anybody saying 538/500 on motor through a TH400 and heavy drivetrain isn't that good. ******' priceless.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome job vengeance crew

peace
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

Thanx for the replies guys-

For those who are watching/waiting for track numbers....
a little hitch in my giddyup prevented me from making the track this past weekend.

Looking to make some passes(at a not so prep/DA friendly track) this coming weekend if everything falls into place.

For those interested in the specific details for a similar combo, give Ron a shout. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you put something together-
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Here we go again...... but at least Chris81 can comprehend the big picture.

As I previously mentioned in the other thread, I specifically asked for my car to remain "street friendly". I got what I asked for, and then some.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm easy to impress, but take a close look at where the tq. is happening, and how LONG and FLAT it holds the peak tq. number.

I like it, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not just good, it's great for a non exotic "budget" build with a baby cam for the inches and a FAST 90/90 combo. But heh.... that's just me. I've got a sneaking suspicion this motor is going to LOVE a big wet HIT.

Maybe I'll just nut up and do a donkey dick cam, Vic jr. or sheetmetal/Accufab combo and re-tune so that it'll push more air, peak @ 7200 somewhere in the neighborhood of 560+ and post the graph so all the narrow minded, non believers can call BS on the numbers.

Please.

Take your stellar 358/378 on corn and go run your 13.1@108

As far as what it did unlocked, Ron may or may not answer that. Personally IDGAF what it dyno'd or that it isn't enough for the internet. What I give a ***** about is what it does at the track, and am confident that while it may or may not ET a stellar number first time out, it will mph.... WELL.

Thanx for all the effort Ron... see you in the AM

*EDIT*: I apologize to those reading this rant.... just get a little weary of all the frowns....
I seems to me that NOJUICE was just making an observation and not ripping on your dyno numbers or what you are building your car to do. Those are very good numbers for and auto with a big stall,There has been a lot of hype coming out of that shop with those heads and there cams, I think he was just looking for an answer. So next time you feel the need to "RANT" why dont you take off your MEMBERS ONLY jacket and turn down the DEF LEPPARD so you dont use the word STELLAR again, that died in the 80's along with your Delorean!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:41 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah Mike you old phucker

Suprisingly...and I DO mean suprisingly, SDR was hooking this weekend. A lot of us were looking to see you run but I know how things happen....the day before you run or on the way to the track Steele on a Sunday would be a great place to get some shakedown passes.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MoreJuice
I seems to me that NOJUICE was just making an observation and not ripping on your dyno numbers or what you are building your car to do. Those are very good numbers for and auto with a big stall,There has been a lot of hype coming out of that shop with those heads and there cams, I think he was just looking for an answer. So next time you feel the need to "RANT" why dont you take off your MEMBERS ONLY jacket and turn down the DEF LEPPARD so you dont use the word STELLAR again, that died in the 80's along with your Delorean!!!!
If he was "just looking for an answer", maybe he should have worded the "question" differently.

Never owned a MEMBERS ONLY jacket.
.... or a Delorean.

Didn't know the word STELLAR died..... YO.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Didn't know the word STELLAR died..... YO.
ROFLMAO
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

A true Torque Monster has been born. Can't wait to see what she does at the track, good luck and F everybody if they would've have done it differently or expected more. You got what you wanted, and are very happy with your end result, now get us a monster time slip so one of the nay sayers can come up with something to Bitch about. Great Job as usual Ron. Haven't seen anything less then amazing coming out of your shop. Everyone look out, these boys seem to know their stuff.