Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

finally gonna get my 402 dynoed and tuned

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Sweet35th]Camarokid,

(Casey here)

I did not realize that you were charged $150 to fix your power cord.

I wish people would voice contest of charges when they are being charged rather than later on a forum. I totaly understand however. You were at the shop for a long time, early, and the last thing you probably wanted to do was hang around any longer.

If you would have come back as soon as your car started stalling and having idle issues and spoke with me, I would have inssured that the concern was addressed. But a certain disconnection occures once the car leaves for a few days, and then later we hear of the issue.. Its not anyones fault, but you have to realize that we are tuning an average of 3 cars a day, on top of regular mechnical work (Yes I need a serious vacation).
[QUOTE]

i didnt know i was getting charged for the cord either. i was there from 7:58 to like 230-3 ish and you guys were working on the car from 8:30 till like 230 for i just guessed at 150hr it was gonna be close to 700. not till i got home and thought about it for a while did i realize what the 150 was for.

i also didnt make it off the lot before it died. i didnt even make it out of your guys alley. it took forever to get back running enought to get it back to the door. i did bring it back right away. as i pulled up BRIAN was walkin out he looked at it for a little bit and told me to drive it, should get better he said. so i did, took it to kansas for the weekend and never got better.

ill have to say when i saw you grab the car and i noticed your name and i that you were certified in well about everything, on the walls on the show floor, i did feel good about you doing it.

i guess i will just see how it goes i dont know any more LOL kinda at my wits end ......... sure does hall *** though

when i picked it up that day after you retuned it i took the wife for a drive, first time for her in the car since the 402, well we did a U turn and traffic was crazy she said: ( in that wife tone) " u might as well go down to a stop light cause your never gonna get out in this traffic" is about how that went , need less to say we made it and she about had the kid right in the car HAHAHAHA..
Old 04-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, Thats pretty funny..

What Brian was getting after, is that these PCMs do have idle learn values, and they actualy do "learn" various airflow adders for idle.

The hanging idle that you are having right now, is in your throttle cracker function. You can go into the Idle Airflow table, and find Throttle Cracker enbale and disable speeds. You can disable the throttle cracker by setting both those to excessively high #s (enable speed above 200mph, disable speed below 200mph expample) and see if that cures the hanging idle. If it does, but then the car wants to stall when the RPM comes down you will have to crank up the throttle fallower.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweet35th thanks for the info ill have to give it a try
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

No problem. Let me know how it goes.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

As far as your idle issues. I addressed some of this in one of your other posts, but once again some of it comes back to. If there is a problem please let ME know. If you would have come back as soon as your car started stalling and having idle issues and spoke with me, I would have inssured that the concern was addressed. But a certain disconnection occures once the car leaves for a few days, and then later we hear of the issue.. Its not anyones fault, but you have to realize that we are tuning an average of 3 cars a day, on top of regular mechnical work (Yes I need a serious vacation). So you can see how a tune done two days ago can be lost in the "which car was that again" mindset. Its best for both parties involved to keep ontop of ANY issues that are not resolved from a tune

If you guys can't remember a car from 2 days ago you tune for 6 hours maybe you shouldn't be in the business. After all o/p remembered the 150 an hour see the point?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Nope, dont see the point, mater fact that post made no sense what so ever.

You were taking my statement a lil to literaly. Its clearly obvious that I remember the customer and the tune at hand, my statement was intensionaly a bit exagerated. The intention of my statement was to point out, that if there is a concern with any service, it is best to address it ASAP, this keeps everyone (customer and company) as fresh on the subject at hand as possible.

BTW, dont hijack a thread simply to stir the pot.

Last edited by Sweet35th; 04-14-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey hey now guys come on lol
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

You should make a trip to Pensacola, Florida and let John at xXx Motorsports hook you up with a tune. It is $450 for the first tune and each time after that is $250. He will spend all day on your car if he has to. He will treat it like it's his own car.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sweet35th
LOL, Thats pretty funny..

What Brian was getting after, is that these PCMs do have idle learn values, and they actualy do "learn" various airflow adders for idle.

The hanging idle that you are having right now, is in your throttle cracker function. You can go into the Idle Airflow table, and find Throttle Cracker enbale and disable speeds. You can disable the throttle cracker by setting both those to excessively high #s (enable speed above 200mph, disable speed below 200mph expample) and see if that cures the hanging idle. If it does, but then the car wants to stall when the RPM comes down you will have to crank up the throttle fallower.
I have the Throttle Cracker completely disabled on mine. I also raised the TPS value for the Throttle Follower to minimize interference. Then increase the Desired Airflow in Gear to eliminate the idle stalling at low rpm. This usually allows for a smooth transition from throttle to idle.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarokid94
yeah what he said. hows 400ftlbs at 3k never goes below 400 till 6200 and peaked at 490 at around 4500. HP was 501 from 5900-6100. that was on the third run they didnt do much for WOT and to think of it they didnt do much for idle , or really anything for that matter. i am very very not happy that i sat there all day. drive home and on the way it dies like 3 time and i spent 700$. so i guess all they really did was dyno it and give me 2 sheets of paper one with 501 hp and the other for a 700$ bill.
I took my car to HI-Tech they had me there for four hours while they didn't work on my car. I took time off work to get my tune done so every hour I was there I was losing money. They acted like I had nothing better to do but look at my car on the dyno with no one working on it. I got charged $650.00 for the tune and the kicker is it made all of one horsepower more than my baseline pull. $650.00 per hp has to be the biggest waste of money every spend. I'm going to another tuner Doug Rippie motorsports. My friends have gone there with nothing but good results.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah casey is a nice guy but that shop is not cuttin it for me.
bart seems only there for the money and thats all, brain the tuner shouldn talk and needs a good kick in the *** to get movin. i got very little for my 700$ thats for sure
Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Teching In

yeah casey is a nice guy but that shop is not cuttin it for me.
bart seems only there for the money and thats all, brain the tuner shouldn talk and needs a good kick in the *** to get movin. i got very little for my 700$ thats for sure
We all need a good kick in the *** now and again, im no differant

You do have to admitt your WOT a/f ratio was quite a bit off on the baseline pull, and it was getting into knock retard. Only reason it took a coupole pulls to get the A/f dialed right in is that Brian has done so many of them....It takes me a few more to get it dialed in, but im learning, and learning more and more everyday.

If a tuner ever says they know everything, turn around and run.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

We all need a good kick in the *** now and again, im no differant

You do have to admitt your WOT a/f ratio was quite a bit off on the baseline pull, and it was getting into knock retard. Only reason it took a coupole pulls to get the A/f dialed right in is that Brian has done so many of them....It takes me a few more to get it dialed in, but im learning, and learning more and more everyday.

If a tuner ever says they know everything, turn around and run.

i had the afr at wot perfect in SD, but i put it all back to stock for you guys to tune in MAF.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Teching In

i had the afr at wot perfect in SD, but i put it all back to stock for you guys to tune in MAF.

Ahhh, well you got to meet me, thats worth alot!!

I did talk to Bart about the charge for the power cord repair, and he agrees it was an oversight. Give me a call and we can see what we can do about it to make it right.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man, if I spent 700 bucks on a tune, it better be damn right lol or shop get no money. Hopefully you get the beast running real good
Old 05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great numbers. You are running the cam that I need.

Sorry to hear about the tune. You really should tune that thing in Open Loop w/ a wideband in the car. No learning and no fouled out O2's every few months.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh, well you got to meet me, thats worth alot!!

I did talk to Bart about the charge for the power cord repair, and he agrees it was an oversight. Give me a call and we can see what we can do about it to make it right.

haha i only wish i had your autograph maybe next time. LOL

yeah ill give you a call. i had to fix it again cause it broke last week again.

Last edited by camarokid94; 05-05-2007 at 01:50 PM.