Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

vindicatorII dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread wasnt started with the intention of bashing Ed Curtis. If you would like to continue the conversation feel free to PM me... We all have opinions and some of us have facts to go with them.........
Old 08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John02SS
Using a MS3 as a benchmark for a big cam is a bad choice. It is the softest big cam I have ever had on my dyno in terms of midrange. I have a cam in my car pretty similar to the vindicator, only a lil bigger, and I can assure you it doesn't miss any power in the midrange.
+1 My G5X3 (234/242) 112+4 was a pleasure to drive around town and was a monster be it down low or up top.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
You can laugh all you want. The man delivers results.

I do not know Ed at all. Had a few conversations with him over the net, that is it. I do know this about him, he is one of the top cam designers in the country, and he has the results to prove it. He has more cams running around this country than almost anyone. There are several of the top shops in the country that use his grinds, and some of them are sponsors on here. So I guess you just did knock a sponsor.

By the way, just because someone is a sponsor on this site does not make them reputable, cough/FFHP?cough cough/APE/ cough

P.S. Everyone has to start their shop somewhere. If he started it in a one car garage I don't see what the big deal is. Oh wait he has a small shop so he must suck Just because you've got a big shop doesn't make your services any better than the small business.

One great example of this is the place where my family and I get our alignments done. The mechanics and technicians have been working in a small shop for over 50 years They do a damn fine job too.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Cool

Originally Posted by chae

P.S. Everyone has to start their shop somewhere. If he started it in a one car garage I don't see what the big deal is. Oh wait he has a small shop so he must suck Just because you've got a big shop doesn't make your services any better than the small business.

One great example of this is the place where my family and I get our alignments done. The mechanics and technicians have been working in a small shop for over 50 years They do a damn fine job too.

+1, the bigger guys forget where they came from...
Generally, smaller shops can focus more on each car instead of rushing on 10, its a proven fact for most shops that aren't run properly, they are always backed up, rushed, etcetc...

Oh well, good for them and their high electric bills

Erik
Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
but isn't it always about winning?
How many dyno racers do you see in the winners circle at your local tracks? Ill answer the for you...1 in 50!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chae
Excellent advice. I would only sacrifice about 10rwhp going with 228/232 112 LSA in comparison to a 236/242 112 LSA. I'd rather have power from 2000-6600 RPM than 3500-7200 RPM. I won't be doing gears until I install a beefed-up 12-bolt/9-inch/Dana 60, so it would suck driving on the street with no low-end power. Unless your car is considered a drag-only car (ie. only driven weekends, car shows, cruise nights, etc. and NOT during the week), then I wouldn't recommend anything above a 228/232 112 LSA or similar. Good luck either way.
You can take that bigger duration cam and cut it on a 110 or tighter lsa and make more torque down low then the smaller cam you mention cut on a 112. valve events, opening and closing points specifically and lobe designs will do this for you. Just got to know when to open and when to close to get the most out of your setup...duration at .050 is pretty much useless. .200 is a good starting point for researching lobes.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Hey guys, I am going to leave this alone too, I was just trying to help...I agree, to each his own, and I respect everyones thoughts and input, even it is was negative and directed towards me lol...

I just wanted to add that I did not realize that the vindicators have advance ground into them...I guess it is my fault for not checking the site...

When you add advance in a cam, it will improve power down low..for instance, a 228/232 on a 114 will have a slightly higher power band than say a 228/232 on a 112+4...

Maybe that is why the Vindicator cams have more "oomph" down low than its competitors larger cams...

Like I said the first post, congrats on the numbers...I am going to vacation!
PEACE!
Erik
Instead of advancing that intake lobe, take that cam and retard it 4 degrees and it will pick up power everywhere. Or instead of grinding on it wide lobe speration tighten it up and add no advance and degree it for what you are searching for in the correct valve events. Tight lsas will always make more average power over and wide lsa and grinding advance in. Average usable power is what propels the car faster.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the great posts WOTFMAN.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
How many dyno racers do you see in the winners circle at your local tracks? Ill answer the for you...1 in 50!

And how many potato chips do you see out of those 50? 49.5

Say what you want about dyno's. Not everybody beats the **** out of there cars, runs with no accessories or pulls the under dash heater core to run 130mph.

People like to bash dyno's, but they do serve a purpose.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats to the guy who started this thread great numbers.

Ron

dont worry the new guys they are just trying to make a name for themselves out here and dont relize we have been running smaller cams since 1998 because they werent around then .

Vengeance Racing delivered big time for my GTO and i highly recomend there pkgs.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
+1 My G5X3 (234/242) 112+4 was a pleasure to drive around town and was a monster be it down low or up top.

No doubt man the LG cams work great too. my g5x-2 got my 01z in the 10`s@124 and the X3 has powered many of my friends into the 10`s also.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

so ron what would your powerband be for the vind II?
could you spec me out a max effort cam like the vind II but ill shift at 6500
some thing with good low and a killer mid-top
Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Instead of advancing that intake lobe, take that cam and retard it 4 degrees and it will pick up power everywhere. Or instead of grinding on it wide lobe speration tighten it up and add no advance and degree it for what you are searching for in the correct valve events. Tight lsas will always make more average power over and wide lsa and grinding advance in. Average usable power is what propels the car faster.
Tighter or wider LSAs than what? LSA's are relative to the type of engine you are running. Do you think PS would run faster of they ran cams on a 108 instead of a 118? Maybe they just don't know that tighter is faster? It always depends on the actual engine and parts in question.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 347fairless
And how many potato chips do you see out of those 50? 49.5

Say what you want about dyno's. Not everybody beats the **** out of there cars, runs with no accessories or pulls the under dash heater core to run 130mph.

People like to bash dyno's, but they do serve a purpose.
the track doesn't lie. Know your weight, know your trap speed, know your horsepower to the ground.

dyno's involve calibrations, and artificial loads, and many alterable variables.

It doesn't matter if a car is gutted or not.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
the track doesn't lie. Know your weight, know your trap speed, know your horsepower to the ground.

dyno's involve calibrations, and artificial loads, and many alterable variables.

It doesn't matter if a car is gutted or not.
A dyno doesnt lie anymore than a track does... Variables at the track include driver/track prep/traction/weather/weight/etc etc.... I have seen many 500rwhp cars run 12s because of shitty tracks and drivers.. Does that mean their combo doesnt actually make 500 horse or that they dont know how to harness the power they are making?!?!?!?!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
A dyno doesnt lie anymore than a track does... Variables at the track include driver/track prep/traction/weather/weight/etc etc.... I have seen many 500rwhp cars run 12s because of shitty tracks and drivers.. Does that mean their combo doesnt actually make 500 horse or that they dont know how to harness the power they are making?!?!?!?!

Damn Ron, was that a shot at me and my 12.3 I ran on street tires ? J/K Ron.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Damnit

I was gonna say all that in reply to his post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Lol... No shots being taken... Just another fine example of someone making exceptional power, but hasnt gotten it down the track yet....

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Damn Ron, was that a shot at me and my 12.3 I ran on street tires ? J/K Ron.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

so ron what would your powerband be for the vind II?
could you spec me out a max effort cam like the vind II but ill shift at 6500
some thing with good low and a killer mid-top
Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

I was more refering to the mph than ET. Yes, lots of variables with the ET.. any kind of a clean run's MPH adjusted for DA and the known weight of the car is going to give you a good accurate HP number that's getting to the ground. Maybe I'm just too old school and not ready to accept a dyno as fact, because someone can mess with the computer and get whatever numbers they want. You can't really mess with mother nature and getting the car down to the big end.

Quick Reply: vindicatorII dyno #'s