Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

402 results.....disappointment..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But he will gain with the upgraded heads. I would have went with a bigger cam and alittle bigger heads! It has to breath!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
The T-Rex was designed for stock heads and stock cubes. The heads you have are OK, but there are so many other better heads on the market these days. I still feel 500 is possible with those heads. Just don't expect to be at 525+ with them. Do some research and find a cam more specifit to your set-up.
I agree, the T-rex is a cam for stock cube motor only setup. You need a stroker cam, and match your heads to that cam. Matching my heads to my cam did wonders for me w/a fast 90/90. I almost got the same numbers you did on a stock cube.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

"Budget" Heads here....with not so "Budget" numbers.....
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by e-love84
It sounds like your car is a mishmash of mods that weren't really pieced together too well.
Jackpot!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

change out the cam for a custom ground cam. the heads arent the best but you get what you pay for. i dont see anything wrong with your mods except for that cam.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95z6spd
"Budget" Heads here....with not so "Budget" numbers.....
Not bad numbers. But I've gotten close to that with cam and headers and bolt ons. How bout 436 and 397tq. Thats without a FAST and BONESTOCK heads.
And not a huge cam either. Can post a graph if you're doubting.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
A certain comment points towards it. You didnt make the comment. I wanted to set the record straight that just because Vengeance gets 550 using TFS 225's that this guy wont see that by simply switching heads.
If it was pointed towards me then you need to go back and READ what I said.

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
so I would think you have more than 25 HP to gain with a good set of heads.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
The guys at Vengeance have made around 550 RWHP with 402's many times with the TFS 225 heads, so I would think you have more than 25 HP to gain with a good set of heads. A speed density tune may be in order also.
I consider this to be misleading. There is no guaranty he will pick up 25 and to say Vengeance gets 550 leads him or me to believe that the heads alone are worth 75 more hp than what he currently has. What I said was and am saying is that its the whole combination from Vengeance not just thier head selection.

Am I wrong? No. I'm not. If this guys wants what Vengeance gets for results he has tro go with the whole Vengeance package, not just TFS 215 heads. That is a fact.

I never once say the TFS 215 head is a dog do I ???? NO I dont, by all accounts its a great head. But even Vengeance will tell you its the combo that makes the power. Heck there was guy on here this summer who bolted up a set of 215's to his Vette straight away and gained nothing. There is more to it than just buying a better more expensive head. Can I make that more clear for anyone
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I consider this to be misleading. There is no guaranty he will pick up 25 and to say Vengeance gets 550 leads him or me to believe that the heads alone are worth 75 more hp than what he currently has. What I said was and am saying is that its the whole combination from Vengeance not just thier head selection.

Am I wrong? No. I'm not. If this guys wants what Vengeance gets for results he has tro go with the whole Vengeance package, not just TFS 215 heads. That is a fact.

I never once say the TFS 215 head is a dog do I ???? NO I dont, by all accounts its a great head. But even Vengeance will tell you its the combo that makes the power. Heck there was guy on here this summer who bolted up a set of 215's to his Vette straight away and gained nothing. There is more to it than just buying a better more expensive head. Can I make that more clear for anyone

I dont understand what you are trying to say????
Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Chill bro. Everyone knows its the whole package! Not just the heads! I`ve had several motors built for me so I know.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Chill bro. Everyone knows its the whole package! Not just the heads! I`ve had several motors built for me so I know.
No problem. It's not just info for you, its for the next person who does a search. I actualy look forward to the day I can build my next combo. Solid roller something or other... Love them rpms!!

Ron... Vegeance have any solid roller setups out there?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Hi 99blancoSS,

Sorry, i don't get the point of your explanations...maybe try another way.

Christian
Old 10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi 99blancoSS,

Sorry, i don't get the point of your explanations...maybe try another way.

Christian
Go troll somewhere else or pm me bitch. I'll be more than happy to explain it to you in a pm.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

OUCH! My head hurts!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Go troll somewhere else or pm me bitch. I'll be more than happy to explain it to you in a pm.
Hi 99blancoSS,

Strange language you are using for answering a question I am not the only one to ask...
And one more time I am asking to build up an informative thread.

Maybe too much bitch wants to troll you?

Seriously???

Christian
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

You need to learn how to read. I think that was said to make the point that Ron knows how to tune, not nessecarily that this guy will pick up that much power by switching heads.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KingSS
You need to learn how to read. I think that was said to make the point that Ron knows how to tune, not nessecarily that this guy will pick up that much power by switching heads.
OK, meaning behind the words, thank you to point the subtleties...

Christian
Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Relax.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, this got out of control in a hurry.

Bickering aside, it seems as though everyone agrees that the components of the setup were not matched properly, and that bargain products typically get you bargain performance, although there are exceptions.

From what I've read in these forums, I can't imagine the solution to your power problem is anything more than giving Ron or someone at Vengeance a call, stating your goals, and opening your wallet. But if you're not confident in their work, it doesn't hurt to try out a different tuner just to reassure yourself before you spend all of that money on an entirely new setup (keeping in mind that you may be out the money on that retune if it nets similar results).

Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh yeah, and just from personal experience, I would take out a loan to purchase more expensive, higher quality heads before purchasing a set of Patriots. Luckily, it was my car's previous owner who spent that money and not myself. I will be replacing them at some point in the future.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Teching In

This has been a learning experience for me. I now know what must be done to get good numbers out of a car. I never doubted that Mike and Ron knew what they were doing. It was a bad combination of parts due to little research. I am going to give Brian Tooley a call so he can give me some pointers on what cam should be used. Anyone want to buy any pp heads or a t-rex cam? LOL. I NEED to get at least 500 rwhp out of this car with the $$$ I've spent. New heads and cam soon to come.....