Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Day, need to make a guess...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno Day, need to make a guess...

My club is going to a dyno day this weekend, and we are having an award for the person that guesses the closest to what they actually dyno, without going over. Louis from LG Motorsports will be there to lock my converter I believe too. I was going to say maybe 340, until they said "without going over", so now I'm thinking maybe 335? Would that be a decent guess for the mods in my signature?

How much of a loss is there from the converter being unlocked too? If he doesn't show up and lock it for me, what should I adjust my guess to then?

I'm excited to see what it dynos. I've never had it done before...
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That stall converter is the "X" factor in that combo. Based on what I have seen I wouldnt go over 335.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being an auto with the stall and hearing what I have about Flowmaster, I'd go conservative with like a 325 since you don't want to overguess it. Of course, we all hope you do much better, but I'm trying to help you win the competition! Good luck and post results!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Being an auto with the stall and hearing what I have about Flowmaster, I'd go conservative with like a 325 since you don't want to overguess it. Of course, we all hope you do much better, but I'm trying to help you win the competition! Good luck and post results!
I will . I'll tell you what the other fbody guys get too. I should be the lowest of all of them for sure .

As far as the flowmaster thing goes, just the 80 series catback by them is restrictive. I have the 10 series delta flow single chambers which are actually supposed to be very good, so they won't lower it any.