Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno runs on the 408

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers for the mods, I would be happy. Did you run 26* of timing on the spray.

Here's my combo for insight n/a 430rwhp 450rwtq, check the torque, try to find another car where the tq is higher than the hp. It's the cam. anyway I blew my LS6 intake and was running a ls1. My n/a power was down 50rwhp at about 380. So dyno day shoot out yesterday, decided I would spray it with about a 200rwhp shot, result was 614rwhp and 685rwtq. Much more to come, for sure. got a trophy for biggest N2O numbers, but I'll do separate thread on that. The point is, i don't think you have anything wrong, like my motor they were built for true street duty and not just big n/a dyno numbers, we have the spray to compensate and get us to what HP goal we have in mind. Great job all in all, congrats.
Robert
Old 11-25-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right, numbers don`t mean much. Track times do!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Nice numbers for the mods, I would be happy. Did you run 26* of timing on the spray.

Here's my combo for insight n/a 430rwhp 450rwtq, check the torque, try to find another car where the tq is higher than the hp. It's the cam. anyway I blew my LS6 intake and was running a ls1. My n/a power was down 50rwhp at about 380. So dyno day shoot out yesterday, decided I would spray it with about a 200rwhp shot, result was 614rwhp and 685rwtq. Much more to come, for sure. got a trophy for biggest N2O numbers, but I'll do separate thread on that. The point is, i don't think you have anything wrong, like my motor they were built for true street duty and not just big n/a dyno numbers, we have the spray to compensate and get us to what HP goal we have in mind. Great job all in all, congrats.
Robert
well, i don't feel so bad about mine. and you have a manual to boot. i read on your fquick page that you are using your stock LS6 heads.

wow, didn't think you'd lose that much between the LS1 and LS6 intake.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrr23
well, i don't feel so bad about mine. and you have a manual to boot. i read on your fquick page that you are using your stock LS6 heads.

wow, didn't think you'd lose that much between the LS1 and LS6 intake.
Yea, it's not just the intake, but it also caused the tune to go bonkers. yes bonestock ls6 heads, except springs. I did a thread in the n2o section on the dyno shootout...
Robert
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Did you run 26* of timing on the spray.
no i did not. hptuners is telling me i 4* of knock retard in the upper rpms. whixh is why i dropped it to 21* to begin with. still shows 4* retard and sets the P0327 code everytime i reach 6000 rpms. i'm thinking it's false, but didn't want to chance it. and when i had it at 26*, i only gained 2 rwhp throughout the rpms range. so, i don't see a need for it.