Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New numbers with TR224 cam and LT's..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New numbers with TR224 cam and LT's..

Hey everybody whats going on? Alright well i had to get my car tuned after the cam swap and the LT's..i took the car to Nick Williams, at Williams performance for the tuning.. When the car had just a lid and a cutout it made 296hp and 314tq. Now after the cam, and LT's the car made 351rwhp and 349rwtq with the converter locked.. I'm happy with the numbers, and so far the car drives awesome...No loss of power from idle to about 2500...and than over 2500 the car pulls way harder than it ever has before. I'm still running the stock LS1 intake manifold, stock throttle body, stock MAF, and stock pulley..So i havent decided if i'm gonna save the money and swap those out..or just put a 75-100 shot on it..The car has 126K miles on it as well..so i'm open to any suggestions you guys have..I would really like to get the car in the 11's before this summer on the stock heads..I cant figure out how to post the graph..so if anyone could help me with that, it would be appreciated.

-Travis
Old 12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i was up at nicks friday and was telling them i wanted that same cam and they said some dude with that cam was coming in for a tune saturday... and i guess that would be you haha
Old 12-30-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are decent numbers with just the long tubes and cam through the auto/stall. Congrats. Swapping out the stock MAF, TB, Intake, and Pulley should show some pretty good gains on top of that, all worth it from what I've seen, so I would take care of that next. Finish up those bolt-ons and then look into tires. You're going to risk the 10-bolt with real sticky tires, but your car isn't a monster in terms of dyno numbers, so you may have quite a task ahead of you if your goal is 10s with that setup. Definitely not impossible, but it's going to require some serious traction, so start looking at suspension, as well. Good luck!

EDIT: Just read back. If you were hitting a 12.5 @ 107 on a 1.73 60', 11s aren't far away with an extra 55rwhp. Your biggest issue is going to be traction. Start looking at suspension and some real sticky MTs or the like. What tires were you running when you hit the 1.73 60'? Those four bolt-ons you mentioned and some tires and you're there. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Brads LS1 02Z
i was up at nicks friday and was telling them i wanted that same cam and they said some dude with that cam was coming in for a tune saturday... and i guess that would be you haha
haha yea man that would be me..your car makes awesome power for just bolt ons..Nick told me my numbers were a little low, but said that the LS1 intake is holding it back some..That, and the simple fact that it has high mileage..either way..im happy with it..and if i feel the need for more i'll probably just spray it..
Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
haha yea man that would be me..your car makes awesome power for just bolt ons..Nick told me my numbers were a little low, but said that the LS1 intake is holding it back some..That, and the simple fact that it has high mileage..either way..im happy with it..and if i feel the need for more i'll probably just spray it..
thanks

nick had a bunch of ls6 intakes laying around when i was up there, you should of asked him how much he would let you have one for... if i was you that would be my next step.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Those are decent numbers with just the long tubes and cam through the auto/stall. Congrats. Swapping out the stock MAF, TB, Intake, and Pulley should show some pretty good gains on top of that, all worth it from what I've seen, so I would take care of that next. Finish up those bolt-ons and then look into tires. You're going to risk the 10-bolt with real sticky tires, but your car isn't a monster in terms of dyno numbers, so you may have quite a task ahead of you if your goal is 10s with that setup. Definitely not impossible, but it's going to require some serious traction, so start looking at suspension, as well. Good luck!

EDIT: Just read back. If you were hitting a 12.5 @ 107 on a 1.73 60', 11s aren't far away with an extra 55rwhp. Your biggest issue is going to be traction. Start looking at suspension and some real sticky MTs or the like. What tires were you running when you hit the 1.73 60'? Those four bolt-ons you mentioned and some tires and you're there. Good luck!

Hey man..I have a set of BFG drag radials that i run at the track..Yea im on my 2nd 10 bolt...after the 1st one blew up, i got one from a 6 speed car..So i know that this one probably wont last long if i can hook up with the new set up..After this one blows im gonna swap in a 12 bolt or a 9 inch so i dont have to worry about the rear end anymore..This is my only car and gets driven everyday..so i would be more than happy if i could get it into the 11's..especially without nitrous..but i guess i'll have to wait and see..I'm not gonna take it to the track until i either get a 2nd car..or have enough money saved to buy a new rearend..
Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah a 12-bolt or 9 inch would be nice
Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Launching!

a buddy of mine went 12.22 with a mystery cam (we think its the 224/224 or a gm hot cam its a very small cam) 4.10's cutout and nitto dr's, his car is a 02 SS he put down 351 on a mustang dyno.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Nice, I would put an Ls6 intake on and then hit it with a 75 shot
Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Yeah those are pretty good numbers. With the extra bolt ons you could expect close to my numbers in my sig because I have the same TR224 cam.