Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with the Dyno Dynamics... its one of the better options out there, period. Ive dynoed on DJ, DD, and DP (Dynapack)..... for tuning options (WHICH IS WHAT REALLY COUNTS) the DD and DP are far superior. Ive only ran at the track after tuning on the DD and EVERY time the MPH was there, the motor didnt blow up, and I drove it home each time.

If a shop owner was worried about egos, like the OP seems to be, he would probably have a DJ. If you have a shop nearby that has a DD or DP you can probably bet that they spent the extra $ for the tuning abilities.... not to inflate peoples egos with big numbers. You should feel lucky to have a shop with a DD nearby.... when you finally figure it out that the #s dont mean anything then you can go back and get it tuned when you need it. Compare your base #s to your new #s..... thats what counts.

Personally... now that Ive dynoed on DP and DD... I wont even consider using a shop with a DJ.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The fact that it reads lower doesn't matter to me since it'll show gains, but I'd never go to a place where the operator asked me what numbers I wantred to see and then started changing them at the push of a button.
Im pretty sure the dyno operator was being sarcastic after the OP started bitching about the #s.

I would have done the same thing, kinda funny actually.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
btw mustang dyno's dyno 40rwhp LESS than dynojet. I know from experiences on various ones. So for the guy saying how all LS1 cars make 290-310 on a MD and a DJ thats not true. DJ most make 300-320rwhp and on MD hey make 270-290rwhp.
Anyway a dyno is just a tool for tuning, which the DD is far superior than the others.

I can show you a thread that compares stock dyno numbers on the new G8's.. for some reason the highest dynoing G8 has been on a mustang dyno while all the dynojet guys report a consistant number.

I can also show you a thread on TBSS owners where a guy on a DD dynoed 350rwhp in CA while the TBSS I had on a DD dynoed 250rwhp.

Quick Reply: Dyno Dynamics