Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2002 SS 346CI 502rwhp / 455rwtq N/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
My car dynoed low but i pulled it off the rollers and went straight to the track and trapped with cars making tons more power than me.
But you've also taken significant weight out of the car too, correct? Plus your 3.90 gearing, drag suspension and you claim to be an excellent driver. I'm sure your car would put down ~450rwhp on a dynojet just like most M6 cammed/FAST LS2s, I'm not trying to take credit from you. I'm just reminding you that you had a few things that also helped get those 119mph traps besides power shown on a dyno.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro01SS4life
I agree with the above...So many people say that everyone is caught up in dyno numbers, when you should take it to the track and she how she does...To me this is the worst piece of advice because running a car down a track isn't as easy as strapping it to a dyno to she what kind of power it has...To see what kind of power it has by taking it to the track has way, way, to many variables...E.G setup of the car, suspension, gears, weight, driver mod, tires, track prep, density alt. etc, just to name a few...Allgn is a great example of this...His car puts out a above par number on the dyno but did not back it up by track times...This does not mean that in anyway his car is slow, its just not set-up for the track...
The boys over at Vengence definetely have there **** together for what combos work, and it seems that the 215's coupled with one of there VRX cams does the job!..

Kev

Thanks for using me as an example LOL !!!! My car did put down a legitimate 490 rwhp, 445 rwtq. Not too many people out there doing 200 mph on the topend. Too bad I couldn't get the car to hook at the track. My dismal 12.02 at 123.6 mph into a headwind (2.11 60') is not much to brag about considering the power I make. 3.73's would've been a good gear choice when I bought the DTE stg 3, but I was more concerned about maintaining gas mileage, woulda coulda shoulda. 3.73's would've been a big help at the track. Or at least a good driver could make my car do what she is supposed to. Spun through 1st, 2nd, and grabbed finally when I hit 3rd. So the point of my post is to say taking it to the track isn't always the best indicator. What a car does with traction is a better indicator. How about how fast a car accelerates from 50-150. My car does a great job there and her power really shows. How about 150-200, anyone want to race my car on that one ?

Quick Reply: 2002 SS 346CI 502rwhp / 455rwtq N/A