Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TEA 5.3's and 232/236 dyno numbers

Old 08-12-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TEA 5.3's and 232/236 dyno numbers

“when I see the only big dynoed cars come from your own dyno”,

WRONG, the most we have seen is 430 or so, we have had a customer make 435 on Cartech’s dyno, VERBS made 440 on someone elses dyno, Ryan made 449 on a dyno in Atlanta, and lots of people have made in the 420-430 range on many different dynos, the difference is a lot of those people don’t hang out on LS1tech. We just had a customer in a 3000 lb car with ladder bars run 199.96 in the quarter, don’t think for a second that we don’t know what we are doing.

“why dont you tell us who's heads broke through and and locked a motor, if evryone focuses on the negative then why havent I heard about this in a post. I would think if that happend the owner with the busted block would make a really nice post telling all about it, but nope no post”

Because not everyone is an ***, they had the couth not to bust on anyone. I don’t know who the customer was but the car was a C5 at LS1 Speed and the porter was GTP. The most a GTP head has made on their dyno over ours is 10 rwhp not 20-30, and that car was at 11.5:1 where ours are normally around 10.8-11.0 A GTP head has made 20 rwhp LESS then our worst head on their dyno. Hence the 10 hp spread versus the 40 for GTP. The company that had a spring pocket bust through was Thunder Racing and the porter was GTP. This is not a bust against Craig Gallant, he is one of the best porters in the country, but he is only as good as his worst employee. My worst employee will never screw up a port that bad, only possibly a valve job blend.

“What happend to the post about your mystery 449 hp car? it was one of your pushers putting up a post{ oh my god I just some jerk off make 449 using tea heads with just a 224 cam. tea raising the bar} ohh more like raising the bs, thats why no one noticed”

The company was GMMG, I hope you have heard of them, if you call a company that buys a pair of heads at a discount from the public, installs it and makes 449 rwhp a TEA pusher, then I guess they are guilty. Guess who is buying another set right now as we speak? The thing hardest for me to believe is that I do $1,000,000 a year in cylinder heads and I’m defending myself against some ignorant punk on this otherwise great forum. TEA had 9 class champions in heads up racing last year, that’s more then just luck. So educate yourself some more and then find some one else to bust on. I wanted the address, and we won’t be calling before we arrive.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Brian and Brent: VERY WELL SAID!!! I love it when the sponsors actaully get on here and post/defend their products. Its always gonna be a few that dislike ya for some reason though.

But outta the 1 or 2 that dont like you, its 20 that do!

I really hope I run some decent numbers this fall with your heads and espically with the SLP LT's on the car since everyone swears they suck They have done me very well so far and I see no reason to yank them off the car for another brand.

but thanks for coming on here and defending your product even though you didnt have to
Old 08-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Launching!

I am just saying what im seeing, If im making stuff up then you should have the board ban me from posting goodbye
Your full of you base everything you know other people's post on this site
Old 08-12-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The 449 was with a 9" with 3.89 or 4.30 gears depending on when it was dynoed. Needless to say with a 10 bolt it would have been even higher. Neither The car nor dyno was for the purpose of pimping a dyno sheet

I agree I like to buy products that have turned good #s local. TEA has plenty of cars local to the southeast running fast times. for TEA and their customers running the times and #s.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok Brent just to clear up a something. you posted it was imposable to make 450 rear wheel hp with a stock bottom end. so i guess the 449 dyno # was a built motor? thanks
Old 08-12-2003, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Tooley, I live in a nice little town outside new york city called the bronx. come on down some time, maybe at night you can hang with me and all my friends. let me know when your coming Ill give you an email with directions.
seriously, I dont meen to bash you and your product, this is only my opinion. but I say it the way I see it, im not going to kiss your *** like everyone else, when I see that at least 5 guys claim there heads flow 20 less cfm than advertised I cant help but build my opinion, when I see the only big dynoed cars come from your own dyno, I put 2 and 2 together. I gave you credit and said tea is not lying about there flows its proven your heads will read lower on a superflow. this was said by your own right hand man Brent
why dont you tell us who's heads broke through and and locked a motor, if evryone focuses on the negative then why havent I heard about this in a post. I would think if that happend the owner with the busted block would make a really nice post telling all about it, but nope no post
What happend to the post about your mystery 449 hp car? it was one of your pushers putting up a post{ oh my god I just some jerk off make 449 using tea heads with just a 224 cam. tea raising the bar} ohh more like raising the bs, thats why no one noticed it. along with another one of your boys and there post about there heads flowing over 300 cfm on an independant bench. hmmm let me guess who this biggest name in the head market in tx is? {what is gtp Alex} do i win a prize. Brent also wrote in one of his posts a few weeks back, we use the same model bench GTp does, and thunder quoted our bench reads 15-20 lower than gtp's. once again I am not bashing you I am stating the facts and its my opinion, if some one asked me what is a good budget head I would say TEA, If they asked me what power they make I would say about 20 hp, if they asked me who is the best I would say gtp and they make 40-50 hp. I am just saying what im seeing, If im making stuff up then you should have the board ban me from posting, but everthing i say I can back up. Its freedom of speech, its how I feel and when I tell the guys with all the mods and big cams they should have the heads checked becuase they could not hit 400 rwhp and they expected to make the power, Im going to after I see that they flow 20 less than advertised and stall alot lower than advertised, Im sorry to all I offend and to the tea fans out there but what do you expect me to do add some more excuses or say it the way I see it. I do admit the best power I have seen with tea heads are with smaller cams so maybe there is something to be said about matching the cam to the heads
Brian Tooley I am again sorry for seeming to bash you, there are alot of your customers that are very happy with your service but they always seem to say they expected more power
I think this will be the last post I write on this board. I dont like making people mad
goodbye
Ya know....you may or may not have had some valid points. But with the obvious bias, lopsidedness, and anti TEA stance its tough to weed through the content or your posts and take it as anything other than BS. Especially since the few times Ive done TEA heads here in FL they have been very consistant and both dynoed in the 417-425 range (little ole stage I's too). Your opinions do not appear to be backed up by fact. And really...to me...just the opposite. TEA appears to be as consistant as any other shop, make great power, and have an excellent price.
NE makes very very few good points...but does toss lots of border line slander out based on nothing more than his opinion. This hater just makes me want to
Old 08-12-2003, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEA, don't even waste your time on certain people here. Those that have your heads know that they are top notch. Mine were MORE than I could have asked for on my C5.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Launching!

ok Brent just to clear up a something. you posted it was imposable to make 450 rear wheel hp with a stock bottom end. so i guess the 449 dyno # was a built motor? thanks
I'm pretty sure that arguement was over a car with an A4 tranny....
Old 08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been following this post since it started and I TRY to avoid pissing contests, but I think its time I chimed in.

FIRST OF ALL, Im NOT a "TEA pusher" by ANY means, matter of fact, I run Futral Motorsports Stage III LS6 heads on my personal car. On that note, I am the one who made the post regarding Ryans ( Aka LoNSlo) dyno #s. He made a LEGIT 449rwhp, I dont recall the torque offhand, but it was to the tune of low 400. This was THROUGH a 9 inch WITH 4:30 gears, and a Y pipe, no shortbelt, no tricks..( I might add, us guys in Ga always dyno lower than all these hyped up internet #s) The heads didnt make this #, the cam didnt make this #, nor was it the tuning It was the COMBINATION of everything together. TEA heads like certain camshafts, as do every porters heads. Its all about matching the right setup to meet your goals.
This TEA bashing this has gotten out of hand, some of you internet gurus IE Mods coming soon...... have NO RIGHT to come on here and bash a company you have no clue about. Do a lil research sometime when you are bored. Learn that TEA heads power some of THE FASTEST cars in the country. Check out their Mustang heads flowing OVER 400CFM. Then when you really got some time on your hands CALL them. Talk to Brian OR Brent and experience why people stick by TEA. The first time I called Brian I was on the phone for over an hour and it wasnt me keeping the conversation rolling. These guys love what they do and they take pride in their work. It shows. There are VERY FEW companies out there that take care of their customers like TEA does.

Again, Im NOT a TEA pusher, but it pisses me off when I see a good company whos BUSTING THEIR A$$ for OUR LS1 community get bashed for NO obvious reason by some UNEDUCATED internet B!T(#. If you dont have first hand experience, or ya got your knowledge reading on the internet, then sometimes its best to keep your mouth SHUT.

BTW, I do have ANOTHER set of TEA 5.3s on order and they should be shipping midweek ( right Brian ) Ill be using this same cam, same tuner, same bolt ons only this time through a 10 bolt with 3:73s. Results WILL be posted, whether negative or positive. Im not here to toot horns. Im here to share knowledge.

One more thing, I flowed the original TEA heads on Thunders bench, the only comment I heard was " WOW, that exhaust is some of the highest flowing port work I have seen on this bench." GTPs are flowed at Thunder ALL THE TIME and the TEAs were about 10 cfm low on the intake, but shined on the exhaust Vs GTP. Lets not forget, flow #s, like dyno #s, DONT MEAN %*&$. Take it to the track and GET OFF THE DAMN INTERNET

Nuff said.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Got my car back tonight from ESP. This is a brand new ARE 346 shortblock with a Comp Cams XE-R 232/236 and TEA 5.3's. Stock throttle body and stock pulleys. Car put down 396 RWHP. Cant wait to dyno her when shes broken in and with a Pulley and throttle body and see what we get. Drivability is great. The guys at ESP busted *** til 9:00 tonight for me just to make me happy. I'm sure with more miles and those 2 mods I'll get close to 420 which is plenty for me.
Something is very weong. You should have gone with a reverse split. Man, with that big of a cam and those heads you should be over 430 with an A4 and 450 with an M6.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

bowtieman4life, what? you didnt know, he has holes in all his pistons, those tea's rock. TEA keep up the good work, maybe you can make 2,000,000 in sales this year
Old 08-12-2003, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

bowtieman4life, what? you didnt know, he has holes in all his pistons, those tea's rock. TEA keep up the good work, maybe you can make 2,000,000 in sales this year
Well after reading through all of this horseshit, I am convinced that you are a total ******* idiot. I made the 449rwhp as mentioned above with TEA stage 2s and a DIALED IN combo. It took me several months of tuning and experimenting, but came up with the perfect, IMO, combo. Am I standing behind TEA here, YOU'RE GODDAMN STRAIGHT! Do I believe TEA's craftmanship is one of the top 3 in the country concerning cylinder heads? MOST DEFINITELY! Will I use their heads for my current buildup? YES! Have you personally talked to Craig Gallant, Brian Tooley, or Jayson Cohen regarding their views on port flow and volumes? NO? That's what I thought. I tell you one thing, I have seen plenty of POS cars, with hyped up big cams and what not, not produce squat for power at the dyno, or run lower than expected track times. And why? Just as stated above, a pile of parts slapped together that don't work. I am ******* sick and tired of people bashing **** that don't have a damn clue. I am tired of reading your useless posts on this thread, which contain nothing but negative comments towards TEA. Now, GET YOUR *** OFF THE INTERNET AND LEARN SOMETHING!
BTW, that 449 was with a STOCK shortblock, and it ran 11.29 at 2100' DA, with an M6.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

lonslo, list your sig and graph, if your not going to post your graph dont bother posting your sig, so tell me what pile of parts didnt work on krazy's car? whats he missing? im sick of all the tea pushers and cheerleaders making excuses left and right, like I said Im not bashing tea, I have nothing against them but from what I read and what other people say Im going to try to help and suggest things that I see, I recently read a post were a guy said I have the exact same set up as jerk off{aka a tea pusher} and I made 30 less hp then him, the next post one of the bords owners said thats because jerk off has an aluminium fly wheel and doesnt put it in his sig. Im not doubting tea is one of the 3 best in craftsmanship and make a great product for a budget head, but they seem to mislead alot of people and thats what I have a problem with and the reason why I say it the way it is, i guess im a little wiser than alot of other people, I see through things a bit better than your average Joe, and now they use the scare tactic, saying gtp heads break through and lock up motors and dont back them up, now that bashing, yup tea bashing gtp to scare people into buying tea heads so they can make more millions and laugh all the way to the bank
Like I said in my last post. this will be my last post in this thread so shut up. if you keep firing back at me Im going to keep posting back
Old 08-13-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

your an idiot. (what shop do you work for?)
A guy builds a brand new engine and it doesn't make very good power.There can be 100's of things wrong and you bash TEA.
Just doesn't make sense to me.

They mentioned thunder and gtp. Both great shops and it was a known problem.

Mods why is he still posting? Would he still be a member if he bashed MTI Like he has been bashing TEA?
Old 08-13-2003, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Get ready to keep firing back then. This has nothing to do with Krazy98's car. I am not suggesting he has thrown together parts. Honestly, do you think Bran Tooley is going to bash on Craig's heads? I honestly don't know why you think TEA is lying about flow numbers. You think you're wiser than the average joe, but you come out saying that TEA tried to scare folks into buying their product? You're obviously an idiot, or a kid and an idiot. But just for your amusement, here was my sig when I had that combo:
Stage 2 5.3L heads, F1 cam, Kooks 1 3/4" stepped headers, Shaner TB, cutout, Moser 9 inch with 4:30 gears and a locker, SPEC stage 5 clutch, full BMR suspension
The point of my post is directed at you. You seem to have a negative view towards TEA for some reason, and YOU are the only one that sees it that way. Keep the sponsor bashing and immature comments, IE: TEA PUSHER, to yourself.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Would he still be a member if he bashed MTI Like he has been bashing TEA?
Yes he would still be posting. To my knowledge only one person has been banned from this board, and he asked for it.

My suggestion is to quit feeding the troll's and they'll stop coming back for more.

Eric (Corvette moderator)
Old 08-13-2003, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Guys I have a couple of things to say.
1) please do not post or insinuate physical threats to others on the board

2) Dynos are horseshit for the most part period. Comparing them is ridiculous. Seriously it really is. I have seen many different cars with virtually every vendors parts on it dyno in different parts of the country and they all make different numbers. (To the tune of 20-40 RWHP) Hell my car on different days on the SAME dyno made 10RWHP difference. There are TOO many variables.

Head flow numbers when compared on the SAME bench before (when stock) and after porting are the BEST ways to determine flow gains. Same with dynoing on the same dyno. You dyno the car when you bring it in. Swap your heads and cam, dyno, perform tuning and look at the differences. If you pick up 80-100RWHP and same torque then you are doing really well.
then after taking the car to the track and noting your gearing, raceweight, ET/mph and weather conditions you have a good means of comparision for YOUR car.

I am going to watch this thread and prune if things get out of hand. There is some good info here (amongst all the crap that is why I am not locking it)

Chris
Old 08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Like I said let my motor break in and let me get somethings straighten out and lets see what this setup would make. I truly believe once the motor is broken in and i add a pulley, kooks headers with a cutout,and a ported TB i'll gain another 20 rwhp. Lets just wait and see. either way the car makes enough power for me to crack into 11's and thats all I want.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:00 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think we can all agree that TEA makes a good pair of heads. Look at all the differnet class cars that are running their heads. They must being doing something halfway right. Here is the simple part CNC makes for consistency. Other than the hand bland and the valve job you can't mess up a set of heads like hand porting can. Is your porter having a bad day, etc... So the possibility of having a bad port or several bad ports on hand ported heads is there. Especially if they don't check all the ports, which many shops don't. Many folks spot check.

Like Phil said, a motor is a combination, not hte biggest this and that thrown together. Instead of bashing, and having never done a single thing how about getting some real data together instead of making a bunch of opinions stated as facts that you only have a small fraction of the actual data on...

I don't own any TEA stuff, I am not a pusher. But I recognize the quality of the work they do having seen what the majority of folks have seen which is that their stuff works, and it is very affordable.

Face it, there are no magic cylinder heads. Port design is pretty much locked in. You only have so much room to move, and then it comes down to valve selection, and seat angles. That is where many of the shops are picking up the new (better) flow numbers from... I know that oversimplifys it alot, but if you understand heads, you will understand what I am saying.

Just think about the motor as a complete system, not just one part...

ne14a6t9 - Do you have a vendor that you believe makes a superior head or that you feel is better in all respects that you'd like to share with all of us?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:40 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got a call....My heads are 99% finished.
They ended up flowing 315cfm @ .600 and 240 @ .600 without a pipe or intake. I am going to need to rethink my cam selection but in the mean time I am going to try the reverse split and see how it goes. My cylinder head guy said to try a 236/236 or even as 236/234 XER on 111 or 110 lsa.
Phillip

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TEA 5.3's and 232/236 dyno numbers