Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TSP 231/237 Cam & Patriot Stage 2 5.3L Heads 440 RWHP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TSP 231/237 Cam & Patriot Stage 2 5.3L Heads 440 RWHP!!

well its not silly to prove that it made this hp, if texas speed is so confident about the #s im sure they will split the gas bill
TSP dyno sheets are enough proof for me.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Teching In

wow it sure is funny, the only people bitching are from NY............... seriously is there any specific reason?
Old 08-22-2003, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've already put a call into the nearest dyno to try to book a appointment for tomorrow

Jason

The only way i would believe this is if you had it dynoed at MTI or LG motorsports, you know Lou wont let you mess with the weather station or do what ever other dyno tricks you could do on someone elses dyno
Old 08-22-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow it sure is funny, the only people bitching are from NY............... seriously is there any specific reason?
Its becuase new yorkers can smell a rat better than anyone else, we hav alot of rats around here, if your not street smart you wont survive, so click your heels and dosy-do your partner cowboy
Old 08-22-2003, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

The only way i would believe this is if you had it dynoed at MTI or LG motorsports, you know Lou wont let you mess with the weather station or do what ever other dyno tricks you could do on someone elses dyno
I know the owner of this dyno in Odessa. He worked with my dad for years in the oil field. There won't be any dyno tricks going on.

Brandon
Old 08-22-2003, 11:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ne14a6t9,

Wow thats some pretty harsh things to say about a sponsor that goes out of their way to offer great products at a great price. I know you've been bashing Patriot heads for sometime, sorry you feel that because of these dyno results you can't approve of our products.

Bottom line is your pretty much attacking us personally by calling us liars

Nobody said anything about heritages tuning, and nobody said the car picked up 61rwhp with the heads. I explained the car had a high rpm issue that we think was valve float from weak Manley springs.

I will dyno the car at another dyno, and I'll run the Patriot heads on my own personal car all the way to the Thunder Shootout this November.

Heritage,

Drop me a e-mail & tell me about your setup, I have several 228R cam only cars doing very close to 400rwhp so I think we can find somethings to work on with your setup.

What we have to keep in mind here is every Patriot head is cnc ported the same. You have the same head we put on Kevin's car, the same heads that flow 297cfm on a local machine shops 1020 flow bench. E-Mail me or call & we will discuss your setup!

I get frustrated with the guys bashing the heads because they're new. Bottom line is if you don't like the heads you don't have to buy them, I'll run ya

I appreciate all the people on ls1tech that don't try to bash sponsors when they don't even own their products, I understand completely if some guys want more results before they make a large purchase like heads. Look for more results soon from these heads.

To everyone else on ls1tech that are interested in the performance from the heads & not interested in attacking me, I will be dynoing the car at a independent dyno asap.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 08-22-2003, 11:21 PM
11 Second Club

God Damn, My Wife is screaming at me becuase when I opened this thread it made the whole house smell like BULL ****, need some major air freshner for this one
Well this is how I feel People like heritage go out and buy a package from you, and you will sell tons of them from this BS, I mean post. they will then go dyno like heritage and pull 395 and you guys will say oh It must be the tuning or the dyno reads 100hp low or whatever excuse they can come up with, this is the **** that drives me crazy. tsp and pp will sell tons of these products and laugh all the way to the bank while the little guy gets screwed

this also shows how tsp can not be trusted when buying any of there products, they lied and they will pay in the long run. I will no longer praise tsp like I have about there engines and cams, there going to say it wasnt a dyno trick, it didnt look like it had a hard time pulling up on the cam only pull, 60 hp from the heads while everyone else is under 20
so tell me TSP what other tricks can that dyno do? Play dead? speak dyno speak
So.. I'd really like to know who's heads you DO like? Who's have you bought? Oh, I forgot "mods on the way", take some time off from the net and do some mods to your car so that your opinion will hold more weight.

I do think personal attacks on sponsors shouldn't be tolerated though, that's just tacky.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey jason, i wanna get that 231/237 cam from yall to replace my 224R. i know one of Corey's buddys down here in the houston area, and i know that yall put out great products. i was also wonderin, how much would it cost for PP to do a set of LS6 heads? Congrats on the great #'s
Old 08-22-2003, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

God Damn, My Wife is screaming at me becuase when I opened this thread it made the whole house smell like BULL ****, need some major air freshner for this one
Well this is how I feel People like heritage go out and buy a package from you, and you will sell tons of them from this BS, I mean post. they will then go dyno like heritage and pull 395 and you guys will say oh It must be the tuning or the dyno reads 100hp low or whatever excuse they can come up with, this is the **** that drives me crazy. tsp and pp will sell tons of these products and laugh all the way to the bank while the little guy gets screwed

this also shows how tsp can not be trusted when buying any of there products, they lied and they will pay in the long run. I will no longer praise tsp like I have about there engines and cams, there going to say it wasnt a dyno trick, it didnt look like it had a hard time pulling up on the cam only pull, 60 hp from the heads while everyone else is under 20
So.. I'd really like to know who's heads you DO like? Who's have you bought? Oh, I forgot "mods on the way", take some time off from the net and do some mods to your car so that your opinion will hold more weight.

I do think personal attacks on sponsors shouldn't be tolerated though, that's just tacky.
I like GTP, JPR and absolute heads, they are the only ones that on independant dynos all over the country dyno good ligit numbers, everytime you see a car with gtp heads they make great power, from tx to detriot to florida and new york
now com'on, stop trying to defend it, I was just starting to get the bull **** smell out of my house
Old 08-22-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

ne14a6t9,

Wow thats some pretty harsh things to say about a sponsor that goes out of their way to offer great products at a great price. I know you've been bashing Patriot heads for sometime, sorry you feel that because of these dyno results you can't approve of our products.

Bottom line is your pretty much attacking us personally by calling us liars

Nobody said anything about heritages tuning, and nobody said the car picked up 61rwhp with the heads. I explained the car had a high rpm issue that we think was valve float from weak Manley springs.

I will dyno the car at another dyno, and I'll run the Patriot heads on my own personal car all the way to the Thunder Shootout this November.

Heritage,

Drop me a e-mail & tell me about your setup, I have several 228R cam only cars doing very close to 400rwhp so I think we can find somethings to work on with your setup.

What we have to keep in mind here is every Patriot head is cnc ported the same. You have the same head we put on Kevin's car, the same heads that flow 297cfm on a local machine shops 1020 flow bench. E-Mail me or call & we will discuss your setup!

I get frustrated with the guys bashing the heads because they're new. Bottom line is if you don't like the heads you don't have to buy them, I'll run ya

I appreciate all the people on ls1tech that don't try to bash sponsors when they don't even own their products, I understand completely if some guys want more results before they make a large purchase like heads. Look for more results soon from these heads.

To everyone else on ls1tech that are interested in the performance from the heads & not interested in attacking me, I will be dynoing the car at a independent dyno asap.

Jason, look at the dyno graph you guys posted, It doesnet look like it had any problems pulling up in revs to me,
Just so people know when valves float you will see a sudden drop in power at high rpms, you will see a 20 hp drop as soon as 50rpms, it spikes down
so I think your lying and Im calling you on it, but I know if I had my own shop with a dyno I would do the same thing, make all my products look like gold to sell, sell sell, honestly 60 hp from heads when everyone else is getting around 20 with them give me a break
well I guess we will see when other guys like heritage{ which I feel for becuase i got screwed once} pull off sub 400 hp dynos.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know if I had my own shop with a dyno I would do the same thing, make all my products look like gold to sell, sell sell

So your are letting everyone know up front you are dishonest and woould lie? Hmmmmm, so you are in this thread why?
Well let me be the first to say STFU!
Old 08-23-2003, 12:02 AM
FormerVendor

Sent you an email Jason.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

I like GTP, JPR and absolute heads, they are the only ones that on independant dynos all over the country dyno good ligit numbers, everytime you see a car with gtp heads they make great power, from tx to detriot to florida and new york
now com'on, stop trying to defend it, I was just starting to get the bull **** smell out of my house
So if you like Absolute so much.. I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say about the setup below.

BergerMan
Staging Lane

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO
Re: [Videos] Stock Idle vs G5X2 H/C Package (wow!)
#677122 - 08/20/03 09:50 PM

I know where they are, I just haven't been down to their place yet. I wonder how accurate their dyno is?
I actually had a buddy fly up from Florida to tune the car. He ownes ProAutoTech in Ft. Meyers. He definitely knows his stuff.

--------------------
'00 Torch Red C5 Vert MN6
317rwhp 326rwtq a few bolt-ons & no tuning.

407.3rwhp 380.2rwtq
Absolute Speed 5.3L Stage-2 Heads (matched for my G5X2)
G5X2 Cam, Rev 7716 Dual Springs, Titanium Seats & Retainers
Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers, Hardened Push Rods
RollMaster Hardened Double-Roller
A.R.E Ported LS6 Oil Pump
LS6 Intake
Ported Throttle Body
FLP Headers, X-Pipe, High Flow Cats
ASP 25% Underdrive Pulley
97/98 Injectors
160* Stat
Full Dyno Tune

Old 08-23-2003, 12:23 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

A heads/cam M6 car doing 440rwhp isn't unbelievable, we would have been extremly happy for it to do 420 if it did and post it up exactly the same. This isn't no GM Hotcam, its a decently sized camshaft, actually fairly huge. We have many cam-only cars doing around 390-400 without even having all the boltons. I did all the work to Kevins car, the 60rwhp isn't all from the heads, if you read one of the first posts again, you will see that an underdrive pulley was added at the same time and additional tuning was done. There was also a Spec S3 clutch done about 3 weeks ago, but I really doubt that changed anything at all, lol.

Kevins car lost allot of power up top before replacing the heads, we were going to just replace the Manley springs with a set of 918's and Ti retainers until Kevin decided to buy the Patriot S2 heads. This cam has a few thousanths less than .600" lift so we knew it wasn't easy on the single valvesprings. Jason may not have posted the worse dyno graph before the heads, on one of the last dyno's done before the heads - you can definatly tell there was a big loss.

Jason and Trevor are both former Moderators of LS1tech.com, their credibility goes really far with allot of the old-timers and anyone that has met either of them.

Stay tuned, cause we're not done with all the new combo's we're gonna be testing soon, Jason's 98 Z is gonna get a set of the LQ4 Patriot heads with a small combustion chamber for his 346ci engine.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Straight hatters up in here. I believe you man. That cam is big enough to make 415 or 420 with stock 241 heads. The Patriots are probably only good for 20 to 25 hp. There are guys, including myself, making 400 RWHP with smaller cams and stock heads.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Gomer I seen that and was very disapointed, but I also know that bergerman has flp cats on there, the wrong injectors and no tuning, i dont love absolute, I am falling in love with them, I currently love gtp.{just joking} the point is, gtp jpr and absolute proved them selfs, I will dig up camm dyno that had the same set up g5x2 a.s heads and made 450, everyone does have some lower than expected dyno's, even GTP, but they are always truly becuase of set up issues, but when you have 6 or 7 low dynos with p.p. heads then a sponsor that sells them claims they made 60 hp, it is very suspect, I am still undecided On what heads to put on my car, I am waiting to see consistancy with a few sponsors. Gomer go ahead and look for 6 low dyno's by gtp, jpr and absolute speed combined and I will show you 6 low dynos from patriot alone, theres more out there nobody on this site has seen on different boards that I can link here if you want
Old 08-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Their trolls, and there all AS
Old 08-23-2003, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

no tech content
Old 08-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Launching!

ne14a6t9 why don't you get lost NO ONE LIKES YOU!!!! You offer no tech infomation that is helpful or relavent to this site. Go buy your GTP's or AS's or whatever and stop all this dyno talk and post your numbers. I'm sick of you talking all the smack when you have a stock car
Old 08-23-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

no tech content

Quick Reply: TSP 231/237 Cam & Patriot Stage 2 5.3L Heads 440 RWHP!!