Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What will it run

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go to the track and post up your time. Im interested in what youll run to, especially if it has an aftermarket cam in it which is possible. I though my firebird had always pulled hard for a stock lt1. I blew a headgasket and let my mechanic work on it to find out the heads had been very slightly ported and milled .060, and has a small baby cam. I dont know what kind but lpe has some grinds that sound very close to stock and pull a good bit harder than the stock cam.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i'd like to but im not gonna start pulling my car apart to find out. Trying to figure out who the gsr guy is
Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Teching In

ill give you a 14.2-14.6
THAT GSR NEVER RAN A 15.1...and it has always missed out since he bought it..its a POS...you beating him by 5-6 cars and given his car running about a 15.5-15.7 id give you a 14.5ish....you should run mid 14's
define "rebuilt"
Its a black gsr bronze wheels...I have not lived there for a few months now since I am going to school
It will be running 8lbs by March of next year though if you want some...
and there is a ten second talon in north vernon along with that grey evo you see running around runs low elevens
o....fastiest.....isnt a word....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
Dude when iraced that car it was motnhs ago it was fine then, i dont remember him having acobra jet motor cause it had a 4.6L in it with an intake that said HO i believe and yeah he had a 50shot nitrous. So i take it you drive an integra? huh and you live in north vernon what color is it. Just because i didn't do the work doesn't mean i dont know nothing. What would you of passed on my car when i only bought it $2500
UHHHH
first of all I talk to this person almost everyday have seen the car run and have been in it...it was a cobra motor....his third gear also didnt work....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your turbo'd no **** u'd probably beat me. Eventually i'll put some serious money in my car but i aint got a job. I said i have one of the fastiest cars in town you can give me that much we both know there's cars here that can beat us I know im not the top car. Not doing it on the street again already got caught an ran once your friend with the mustang should know this since he was there. if you look up stock lt1s run low 14s high 13s given on the driver. Otherwise then that you didn't have to be such an *** about it
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

fastiest is not a word........
and you got caught because you ran away.....all the cops were going to do was say go home...you being on house arrest before then is your own fault....
and i thought you worked at dairy queen lol not no more?
its just a 1.8 man....
and im still only giving you a 14.5 at best mainly cuz its a manual and i don't think you know how to drive...
sure its a fast car....but anyone can buy an lt1 and say its a fast car theres a million of them in north vernon
and i never said street race either, i said come to the track next year so there ya go
you can go with us, i never said i hated you but if your going to brag about speed i think you need to go to a track and see what it has
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what the **** im not bragging i simply made this to get an estimation of my times. Thanxs for your input was everything else necesary, i wont be here after february i'll be in training. Guess what nothing ever came of that whole incident, who told you on i was on house arrest i don't really even live in north vernon anymore i come back once a week. I live in madison now with my cousin, interested where your hearing all this crap from

Last edited by Kmaroman; 10-29-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

have fun killing people
Old 10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what is done to your car as of now
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You know alot about me can i ask how? i'm sure you know my name just tell me yours. I will have fun being an mp in the military

Last edited by Kmaroman; 10-30-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
ill give you a 14.2-14.6
THAT GSR NEVER RAN A 15.1...and it has always missed out since he bought it..its a POS...you beating him by 5-6 cars and given his car running about a 15.5-15.7 id give you a 14.5ish....you should run mid 14's
this part of your posting=fails....

reason:

back long ago, when i was stock (lid and loudmouth exhaust, good for about 10 rwhp).. i went to the track... at this time i had a buddy with a 408 stroker motor... dynoed 470rwhp with slicks,4k stall, 410s through a turbo 350... if you dont know, all of those rob hp..

long story short, we line up.. light turned green... i ran a 8.4@84 and he ran a 6.6@104.. almost two seconds faster...

reason i am telling you this is because he was only ahead of me by about 4-5 cars AT THE VERY*** most.. you cant judge how much someone beats someone by and then guess a track time... THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE unless they are DEAD even, and even then unless your bracket racing it doesnt mean they run the same time...

i run 2/10s faster than him and out trap him by about 1 mph on avg.. we are pretty much neck and neck...

that was a ricer comment... and for that i say YOU need to go to the track and learn something.

ps. the OP never bragged about anything about his car in this thread.... but i wouldnt expect high 12s or low 13s op, more like a mid to high 13.. if it ha sa baby cam in it..
Old 10-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Teching In

ok if everyone thinks im being an ******* i was not trying to some off that way merely trying to encourage a race of sorts and inviting him to the track....
I have been a few times and ran 7 to 10 times also..
I had been told that usually in a quarter mile pass that a car length is about 1-2 tenths of a second....i was merely estimating so calm down lol
ill give him a 14.5 regardless maybe 13.9-14.2 who knows....
as of now done to the car is just basic **** done to it nothin real technical or anything a bunch of maintenance mainly...
just ordered injectors i have the clips for them as well and everything for my setup i am buying right after christmas..planning on putting it on getting it tuned on 8lbs and hoping for 225-275hp range....
I will probably only run 14.5 or a little less after that on street tires and i need to work on getting the dr's, also on a stock clutch...just going to see how bad that slips really
If you are around off training or whatever sometime just hit me up and we can cruise on up im sure or go to the one in cincy no big deal
Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Teching In

i love how everything is a ricer comment...
torque winning races is a meathead comment lol
Old 10-30-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you just came off as an *** to me. thanxs for being respectful though i'm not lieing about anything, seriously i do know alot about cars i know theres cars in our town that can really get up an go. i know im not the fastiest but eventually one day ill spend some serious cash into the car. i wouldn't mind street racing you but it'll be one a long clear road an lookouts will be there no way its gonna happen all over again like that night. The night i raced your friend he told me it was a 97gt he said nothing about that transmission said ti had bolt ons there where like 5guys around us that would vouch for me on this. He really bought a iroc i lvie down eric k road if you ever wanna hit me up and meet
Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

ok if everyone thinks im being an ******* i was not trying to some off that way merely trying to encourage a race of sorts and inviting him to the track....
I have been a few times and ran 7 to 10 times also..
I had been told that usually in a quarter mile pass that a car length is about 1-2 tenths of a second....i was merely estimating so calm down lol
ill give him a 14.5 regardless maybe 13.9-14.2 who knows....
as of now done to the car is just basic **** done to it nothin real technical or anything a bunch of maintenance mainly...
just ordered injectors i have the clips for them as well and everything for my setup i am buying right after christmas..planning on putting it on getting it tuned on 8lbs and hoping for 225-275hp range....
I will probably only run 14.5 or a little less after that on street tires and i need to work on getting the dr's, also on a stock clutch...just going to see how bad that slips really
If you are around off training or whatever sometime just hit me up and we can cruise on up im sure or go to the one in cincy no big deal
understandable.. ive been to the track and ran more than 7-10 times.. lol maybe in one track visit.. and a full second is just a few lengths, not a big deal at all.. granted that full second is hard to get, especially once you get into the 10s and 11s and lower.. but the lengths arent that far..

i love how everything is a ricer comment...
torque winning races is a meathead comment lol
if someone with a 408 iron block running 8s would have said that, i would have said the exact same thing...

you will see that on this site that you dont have to own and import to be rice.. some think that, MANY dont... you can own 5 american v8s and still act like rice and make rice comments....

as far as torque winning races being a meathead statement... you have a LOT to learn with that one... there are MANY other factors to consider than just hp/tq numbers... those dont mean jackshit in racing... stall,intake matching heads, heads matching cam, gears matching cam.... the list goes on and on and on and on... you can have 400hp and still be in the high 11s low 12s if you didnt match it correctly.. or you can be like my setup and be in the 10s N/A..

like i said, im not ******* you, id do it to anyone on here... just like most people on here... there are some ignorant people and also some very intelligent people on here.. im about in the middle, sometimes more one way than the other, visa verse..

GL
Old 10-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Teching In

its an iroc...that runs low 13's...and he is about to spray it
u just said u lived in madison lol
and i dont come down to north vernon and i definitely dont street race
you would beat me as i sit here and talk to you considering my car has only ran 15.3s at best so u win that one...
i was saying after this year when i get my **** together nad drop 2k into it lol
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

you both are bench racing...............

kid with lt1, you havnt put the money in it... kid with the import, niether have you...... as you sit the lt1 is faster from what you guys are saying.... plain and simple... doesnt matter what who will have done in 6 months...

there is a forum for bench racing....
Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Teching In

i know what you are saying...i just drive an integra and race an integra and get ricer all the time but the fact of the matter is these guys yelling ricer most of the time dont know any more than i do they just do it because its a honda....the car itself is rice free...
i am relatively new to everything nad try to pick up some things along the way...i dont own an ls1, lt1 or any v8 for that matter but i do like most of the cars and some of the people that dont see my car and just ignore me alltogether...
i do plan on doing this kit over the winter between me and a buddy of mine though...not through a shop and im not paying anyone to do it so it should be fun...
I fully believe if he wold like to learn something and go to the track and get into this sort of thing he should hang around people that have the same hobby and share the same interest maybe with a bit more knowledge ie track with us lol

btw any good sites to get radials from....im not catching traction anytime soon on street tires at a track
Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Teching In

bench racing i know and i admit defeat as of now but i would like compitition when i get my **** and the track starts up next year
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Teching In

and im dropping a couple grand and have already dropped at least 1500 just on maint. at 100k it all sucks lol

Quick Reply: What will it run