Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What will it run

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cv shaft, wheel bearing, radiator therm. timing belt, water pump clutch flywheel tires all isnt very cheap really...the car has a dc sports header to a dc sports catback...the cat is still in it
lowered on tein springs and its got wheels but that doesnt matter
t3/t4 on 8lbs when the track opens though
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
i know what you are saying...i just drive an integra and race an integra and get ricer all the time but the fact of the matter is these guys yelling ricer most of the time dont know any more than i do they just do it because its a honda....the car itself is rice free...
i am relatively new to everything nad try to pick up some things along the way...i dont own an ls1, lt1 or any v8 for that matter but i do like most of the cars and some of the people that dont see my car and just ignore me alltogether...
i do plan on doing this kit over the winter between me and a buddy of mine though...not through a shop and im not paying anyone to do it so it should be fun...
I fully believe if he wold like to learn something and go to the track and get into this sort of thing he should hang around people that have the same hobby and share the same interest maybe with a bit more knowledge ie track with us lol

btw any good sites to get radials from....im not catching traction anytime soon on street tires at a track

i get ya, like said, i didnt say it cause of your car.. i dont know what your car looks like or anything.. so had nothing to do with that!

and he is right OP, you should take a trip to the track.. its a **** ton of fun, and you can learn a LOT surprisingly there..
bench racing i know and i admit defeat as of now but i would like compitition when i get my **** and the track starts up next year
sounds good!

and im dropping a couple grand and have already dropped at least 1500 just on maint. at 100k it all sucks lol
im at 110k miles... 10 secs. N/A! spend vitually no money on maint. except for usual oil changes and such. *knock on wood.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

honestly OP, this kid with the gsr knows enough to put lsx into his sig... instead of ls1.. seems he does know a little bit, not just about cars, but lsx's in general... not saying you could learn anything though..

it is more fun to hang around knowledgeable people though.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Teching In

you can do that to an ls1 lol
and from everything i know an ls1 is about the best thing to get, most reliable engine i have ever seen really...surprised to see most of them lasting easily to 200k
i just bought a car from a kid that didnt take care of it and got stuck with the **** work lol
Old 10-30-2008, 02:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

you can do that to an ls1 lol
and from everything i know an ls1 is about the best thing to get, most reliable engine i have ever seen really...surprised to see most of them lasting easily to 200k
i just bought a car from a kid that didnt take care of it and got stuck with the **** work lol
sometimes those kind of cars are the most loved though.... lots of swearing.. and lots of love.. haha

yea, they are really well built engines.. but not god... well maybe a little..

you can pick up one nowadays for about 5500$ with about 110k miles on it it pretty good shape..
Old 10-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Teching In

i was looking for an ls1 ta but it had to be a 6 spd about a month ago but could never find one so i decided to go turbo and see what i could do lol
plus its hard as hell to sell a car nowadays...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was looking for an ls1 ta but it had to be a 6 spd about a month ago but could never find one so i decided to go turbo and see what i could do lol
plus its hard as hell to sell a car nowadays...
stalled auto F-T-W.......

how come it had to be a six speed?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 AM
Teching In

more fun
i know stalled auto wins everytime but i aint got the cash to make that thing a ten second car so i would have fun with it lol
i hate driving auto lol just boring idk
Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

Should have bought a TA. . I'll throw out a challenge to you and Kmaroman haha. . for next spring . Should be good times
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Teching In

now now seth lol
we already know we are having a duel of sorts haha
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

more fun
i know stalled auto wins everytime but i aint got the cash to make that thing a ten second car so i would have fun with it lol
i hate driving auto lol just boring idk
i had a six speed z28 ls1 for a few months for a DD...stock for stock, a m6 is a lot more fun than an a4, but once you put just basic bolt ons and gears in them both then stall the a4... a4 IMO* is by FAR more fun.. usually good for about 4 tenths in the quarter too.. id at least think about it!

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Should have bought a TA. . I'll throw out a challenge to you and Kmaroman haha. . for next spring . Should be good times
gsr's when properly built can be VERY stout cars.. you two boys dont bite off more than you can handle..
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

1500$ and your in the 12s EASY.. more like low to mid 12s.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

we all know its not as good as an lsx...
lsx>*
I am also full of ricer excuses/comments! ask me for one after your next loss!!

nice.... looks like you may stick around for a while..
Old 10-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Teching In

LMAO haha your being added to my buddies list i like you haha
and like i said turbo going in but staying at 8lbs as the block has not been built BUT it should run 13's with traction pretty easily I am hoping....
and i stick with the gsr also cuz it is a pretty fun car to drive even though its 15 second car right now lol
turbo=twice as much fun haha
Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 AM
11 Second Club

gsr's when properly built can be VERY stout cars.. you two boys dont bite off more than you can handle.. [/QUOTE]

Yeah he's gonna be running 8lbs of boost so I think it should be a good race. . he'll be playing catch-up I believe with those street radials. So I'm gonna give myself a slight advantage . If everything goes right ill have my LTs by then as well. .
Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

LMAO haha your being added to my buddies list i like you haha
and like i said turbo going in but staying at 8lbs as the block has not been built BUT it should run 13's with traction pretty easily I am hoping....
and i stick with the gsr also cuz it is a pretty fun car to drive even though its 15 second car right now lol
turbo=twice as much fun haha
we have a buddy list on here.....? haha j/k man, thats cool... yea those turboed imports are pretty fun.. ill give yea that... but i beg to differ that its more fun than a 425rwhp artic white ta! lmao just playing with ya!

8 lbs should be good for 13s.. and traction at the track isnt usually a problem.. i dead hooked when i was stock.. and i ran 8.4@84 in the 1/8

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
gsr's when properly built can be VERY stout cars.. you two boys dont bite off more than you can handle..
Yeah he's gonna be running 8lbs of boost so I think it should be a good race. . he'll be playing catch-up I believe with those street radials. So I'm gonna give myself a slight advantage . If everything goes right ill have my LTs by then as well. .[/QUOTE]

isnt his car AWD?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Teching In

not awd lol fwd b18c1 1.8vtec
me and him should be a good race but we are friends we dont really care that much just fun to have a challenge lol
8lbs should be 225-275 in a 2700lb car with me in it and street tires...traction may not be horrible i will just have to see i know if i dump it big though its gona spin for a while lol
Old 10-30-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

not awd lol fwd b18c1 1.8vtec
me and him should be a good race but we are friends we dont really care that much just fun to have a challenge lol
8lbs should be 225-275 in a 2700lb car with me in it and street tires...traction may not be horrible i will just have to see i know if i dump it big though its gona spin for a while lol
o my bad... not a guru on imports... i know my LITTLE bit, but just enough to get by... i know when i should back off and not bet on a race or accept for a few bills... lol

even if your friends you still care who wins! lol.. at least me and my best friend do, hell we even get kind of mad at each other some times lol! out to be the best!

you may have a problem with traction... drag radials are cheap though..

what size you need?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Teching In

not sure on the size...
i found some for 275 with wheels they were 22 by 8
but once again im not sure on size and what would fit or what i should really get...
havnt looked into it that much...

o and we get pissed...keep in mind he has a ta and i have a honda...there have been discussions
we care who wins but not enough to dwell on it lol
Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

not sure on the size...
i found some for 275 with wheels they were 22 by 8
but once again im not sure on size and what would fit or what i should really get...
havnt looked into it that much...

o and we get pissed...keep in mind he has a ta and i have a honda...there have been discussions
we care who wins but not enough to dwell on it lol
haha, ok fair enough.....

find out what size and shoot me a pm.. i may be able to get ya some help with it... maybe!

Quick Reply: What will it run