Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What ET and speed can i expect??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ET and speed can i expect??

Ok since my 79 malibu is in paint and body jail after a rear end by a female driver ive begun tackling the upcomming LS1 engine instalation (and doing some desk top racing).. some quick stats on the engine is a 2002 ls1 with a 226/232 .609/.604 111LS+2 cam ans some TEA stage 2 CNC ported LS6 heads and an ls6 intake. the converter is a pro tourque 2600 rpm 9 inch converter, long tube headers, dial 3 inch magnaflow with x pipe. tranny is a 4l60e rear is a 3.73 12 bolt im told that i should make 420-430 rwhp with this setup.

ive just bought a set of double adjustable varishocks so i can dial the rebound way down and compression up when i drag it.. 90/10 split or somthing is the plan plan. i also ordered the new SC&C adjustable rate rear sway bar so that can be set at max, and the last step would be to unhook the front swaybar to get some more travel.. (my rear suspension is currietrack arms with johnnyjoints. the rear has tall upper ears, and i have modified the lower mount with an extra hole so i can set the LCA's about 1.5 inches lower) the wet weight is arround 3500 lbs with me in the drivers seat

now what can i expect for quartermile ET´s and trapspeeds from this.. i will most likely have to run some drag radials and some skinnies up front just for looks (if i can find a 15 inch rim that clears the c5 corvette front brakes)

Quick Reply: What ET and speed can i expect??