Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Two possible future setups..

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two possible future setups..

Hi, im just looking for some input on my future plans for the bird. Before i touch my engine im going to invest in a new rear end, probably a 9", and some other traction mods. As it sits right now ive got a built LS6 that makes 430rwhp/395ftlbs. The engine *should* pick up a decent amount of power with some better LTs/exhaust and a UDP set. Those should get me to 450rwhp roughly (from what slowhawk has told me... and i figure he would know, he built the thing). With the added kick and 4.10s i figure i could knock some serious time off my ETs, the current stock 3.42s definetly slow it down a lot.

But, i could spend the same amount of money ($2K is pretty much my budget at this point) and get a really safe, well set up 150 shot. From what ive read on the site that should knock a full second off of my ETs roughly, which should put me somewhere in the 10s.

so with the exhaust work, UDPs and 4.10s, what should i expect for a gain? My car should weigh about 3150lbs without me in it and its an M6.

and for those with a similar setup, what have your experiences been?