i raced with new ones and i pissed the off 2
Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAm Bandit
u can Kill and rape Him all the way
Mustangs are nothing
i raced with new ones and i pissed the off 2
Could you try to add something with some kind of intelligence please.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only cobras you really should worry about is the 03 and 04, they are supercharged and make gobble of hp with little mods.

there is not a GT stang of any generation you should worry about, even the new ones are a few cars back in a race. Same goes with new rousch stage 1 and 2, saleen 1 and 2s (sorry forgot the numbers). The earcly 00's mach 1 is a great mustang and can hang with an ls1 but is also usually a few cars back. This is stock for stock and your mods or minor but ur not stock. Also the Shelby gt-300, the gt-h and the california special, all just GT with dressup and also very beatable
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

You will stomp all over him.

Also man, becareful with your car...racing that much and only having the car a month...
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
the only cobras you really should worry about is the 03 and 04, they are supercharged and make gobble of hp with little mods.

there is not a GT stang of any generation you should worry about, even the new ones are a few cars back in a race. Same goes with new rousch stage 1 and 2, saleen 1 and 2s (sorry forgot the numbers). The earcly 00's mach 1 is a great mustang and can hang with an ls1 but is also usually a few cars back. This is stock for stock and your mods or minor but ur not stock. Also the Shelby gt-300, the gt-h and the california special, all just GT with dressup and also very beatable
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are incorrect on 50% of your information.

The S197s bone factory stock are a few tenths behind an LS fbod..tis true.

There is no GT300 SHelby. The Shelby GT and GT-H are GT's with better suspension and 15-20 more HP because of tune and air intake. They are a better match than a normal GT however so slight. THe GT/CS is a GT with appearance package. There is no 'early' 00 mach, they were only available in 03/04 and they are not 'usually' a few cars back. They are on par. Roush stg1 and 2 are for handling and looks, nothing for power. Same with the S281s (basic Saleen). There is no stg2 saleen, it's S281, S281SC, S281E.

The S197s with CAI and tune.....are a good match with the stock 3.55 gears (M5) and will push near or a tad more power than what a stock mach will because of the crappy factory tune.

The Bullit's are a GT with a tad more HP and 3.73 gears.

A pre-05 GT will need more than just a couple of bolt ons and a tune to even come close to a stock LS M6 Fbod.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude there is so much mis-information.....stock for stock you can take on almost any mustang but will most likely get beat by the 03+ cobra and GT500.

Now....keeping this in mind, gears on a 97 cobra make a world of difference, mach 1's are no slouch of a car....

mods- ****...you're just diving into a guessing game then, most simple bolt ons you're still ahead but they have a lightweight platform and will hook with gears and drag slicks....

you just got to go out and run what you brung and hope you brought enough.

*generalized because we could never go into the trillion + special edition mustangs out there like roush, saleen, etc etc*
Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Could you try to add something with some kind of intelligence please.
i was thinkin the same thing, my head started hurting the second time i tried to make some sense out of his post.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Dude there is so much mis-information.....stock for stock you can take on almost any mustang but will most likely get beat by the 03+ cobra and GT500.

Now....keeping this in mind, gears on a 97 cobra make a world of difference, mach 1's are no slouch of a car....

mods- ****...you're just diving into a guessing game then, most simple bolt ons you're still ahead but they have a lightweight platform and will hook with gears and drag slicks....

you just got to go out and run what you brung and hope you brought enough.

*generalized because we could never go into the trillion + special edition mustangs out there like roush, saleen, etc etc*
Generally speaking....yes.

If you think a 97 cobra with gears is something to watch out for...try a 99-04 N/A 4V.

But yeah...any 4V with gears can be mean.

BTW - I don't mean to come across putting you or Iceman down...jsut clarifying.
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i was thinkin the same thing, my head started hurting the second time i tried to make some sense out of his post.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You'd kill him in reverse....
you owe me a new screen a-hole i spit red bull all over the place when i read that!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know about 99-04s na 4v enough, I was just saying 97 cobra cause one of my good friends has one and stock for stock I'd beat him, then he added gears and wider tires and It'd be a crap shoot, then with the drag slicks it was harder for sure unless we went from a roll then we were pretty even....who know what will happen now since I have more mods and he has more mods....just saying, our cars were kind of the benchmark for each other mod for mod lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01 Trans-Am WS6
You will stomp all over him.

Also man, becareful with your car...racing that much and only having the car a month...
plenty racing experience under my belt (since about the age of 6) thanks tho
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are incorrect on 50% of your information.

The S197s bone factory stock are a few tenths behind an LS fbod..tis true.

There is no GT300 SHelby. The Shelby GT and GT-H are GT's with better suspension and 15-20 more HP because of tune and air intake. They are a better match than a normal GT however so slight. THe GT/CS is a GT with appearance package. There is no 'early' 00 mach, they were only available in 03/04 and they are not 'usually' a few cars back. They are on par. Roush stg1 and 2 are for handling and looks, nothing for power. Same with the S281s (basic Saleen). There is no stg2 saleen, it's S281, S281SC, S281E.

The S197s with CAI and tune.....are a good match with the stock 3.55 gears (M5) and will push near or a tad more power than what a stock mach will because of the crappy factory tune.

The Bullit's are a GT with a tad more HP and 3.73 gears.

A pre-05 GT will need more than just a couple of bolt ons and a tune to even come close to a stock LS M6 Fbod.
someone knows way too much about stangs. thanks for the information tho.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001ws6-500hp
plenty racing experience under my belt (since about the age of 6) thanks tho
Every car is different though. Gears/powerband. tranny, they all take a toll on how to drive a car. I can't go from cobra, to mach to Fbod to vette and perform equally unless I get real seat time in all of them. It's jus the way it is. I've been driving stangs for a long time, but that doesn't mean I can drive all of them to the full potential right off the bat. He's just saying there is a learning curve to the car, not matter what the experience level is because it is new to you.
Originally Posted by 2001ws6-500hp
someone knows way too much about stangs. thanks for the information tho.
That's not even a fraction. I've helped plenty of members on various sites. Just like I've learned alot. I try to play my part and offer up as much info as I can. I'm always here to help because stangs are what I know....I think you'd be surprised at the amount of PMs I've received asking about stangs.

You're welcome..and feel free to send a PM or ask away on here if you wanna know anything. Oh,a nd if I dont' know, I'll tell you. I'm not one to feed BS.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Race? What race? He doesn't have a chance.

BTW, your SIG doesn't meet specifications. With a pic you can only have 3 lines of text. Just letting you know so you can fix it before you get an infraction. Been there, done that
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=ponygt65;10809393]Every car is different though. Gears/powerband. tranny, they all take a toll on how to drive a car. I can't go from cobra, to mach to Fbod to vette and perform equally unless I get real seat time in all of them. It's jus the way it is. I've been driving stangs for a long time, but that doesn't mean I can drive all of them to the full potential right off the bat. He's just saying there is a learning curve to the car, not matter what the experience level is because it is new to you.

ive put almost 3000 miles on it so far. so some seat time has already been acheived. and trust me i dont wanna hurt it. i take better care of it than my girl. thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BriancWS6

BTW, your SIG doesn't meet specifications. With a pic you can only have 3 lines of text. Just letting you know so you can fix it before you get an infraction. Been there, done that
thanks bro
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BriancWS6

dig the car, mines the same only with the diff style wheels.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

alrite so new update. i found out a lil about the car. its not an auto its a 5 spd. it had a blown motor due to oil pump failure i guess. so he put a crown vic motor out of a police cruiser. i was told it was a newer police cruiser. and its supposed to have the chip that they use in the cruiser as well. i wouldnt think this would make much of a diff would it? thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know about the chip or whatever but I'm almost willing to bet its not as agressive of a tune as a cobra?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You should have no problem. It's funny reading the posts from guys who have NO idea what its like to run 130+ traps and yet still say Mustangs suck.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs. GT who will come out on top?