Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

I was wondering??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was wondering??

I was wondering if you guess could help me answer this question. I have a friend who races anything that has 4 wheels and he swears up and down he is going to just demolish my ride. He drives a 2001 Z28 auto tranny stock minus a Hypertech Programmer, K&N air intake ( the type that removes the box) and a dynomax muffler.

He has raced alot of mustangs that a pretty much stock and beat the crap out of them, which to my knowledge is not uncommon for yalls cars to be fast with minimal mods. I was just wondering how yall think I would do against him.

My ride is a 1998 Mustang GT with a built 12:1 c/r w/ Comp Cams (stg1), BBK headers and o/r x-pipe, 4.10's, 3500 stall Circle-D TQ Conv, custom tranny valvebody. Car put down around 280rwhp and 310rwtq if I remember correctly (its been a couple of years since I had it dyno tuned).

Thanks guys any help is appreciated.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His auto LS1 with those mods likely will have around 280 to 300rwhp. So pretty close there. You have some gears he will have 3.23 or 2.73. You have stall ,if you have tires you should be able to hook and beat him off the line and mabye be neck and neck thru the 1/4. I would say close race. You car is vert though so not sure how much heavier it is than his car possibly a fair bit. S
Of course your 2003 will demolish him totally. So race him with the vert and then come back with the cobra. That should at least get him to do some more modding. He won't be touching your cobra though without going super or turbo himself or na with big shots of spray. Or big displacement increase to say 427 or 454 cubes.