Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

what do you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what do you guys think

My friend has a scion tc that has a tune,bigger injectors,cat-back,and a s/c @8 psi. He raced a mutual friend in his 6.0 gto auto and lost after the gto hit second gear.Question is would my stock 98' T/A a4 gu5 beat him? I raced the gto with a lt1 formula a4 and got my *** handed to me after second gear , but we were never able to run it with the formula. I would just hate to lose to a ricer even tho I'm stock and he is s/c.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stealth_bird_346
My friend has a scion tc that has a tune,bigger injectors,cat-back,and a s/c @8 psi. He raced a mutual friend in his 6.0 gto auto and lost after the gto hit second gear.Question is would my stock 98' T/A a4 gu5 beat him? I raced the gto with a lt1 formula a4 and got my *** handed to me after second gear , but we were never able to run it with the formula. I would just hate to lose to a ricer even tho I'm stock and he is s/c.
Run him from a dig, hook you launch, never give him a chance. It would be a pretty close race really, he's probably a low 14/high 13, but on the street launching hard with FWD is a challenge at best, and frequently a nightmare.

Would you race a lightly modded, stock boost Cobalt SS/SC? Thats a good aproximation for what you'd be up against.