Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Saturn ion redline?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saturn ion redline?

well some kid in town has a silver ion redline and says that he is killing all kinds of cars.... and the other day before my opti went out he wanted to race but my car was running like a bag of *** and none of my other friends with decent cars would race the guy for some reason, but the guy says he has bigger injectors, tune, full exhaust, and underdrive pulleys.... and we went and watched him beat some kid in a 99 lightning that didn't know how to drive whatsoever and tried launching his truck while bouncing it off the rev limiter and it was god awful... but he said he was making over like 330 rwhp but he never dyno'ed it and it was just a mail order tune... but the guy thinks the car is total badass and has to have another kid drive the car for him because he said the guy is a really good driver.... he claimed he walked all over a mach one the other day and some stock ls1s and all kinds of other stuff but i dunno if i believe it at all really.... the kid in the lightning sucked at driving and only lost by like 3....
would i have a chance at this guy when i get my new opti put in and the car will be running good? i know i just drive an lt1 with like minimal mods, but after watching the guy i wasn't impressed at all and dont think there is any way he is taking ls1s or mach ones or anything...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

330 my ***. Those SC motors made like 240 stock I think....stage 2 (sounds like his is) is like 260-270 at the wheels. Hard to launch though...you should take him, or be close, IMO. You stalled? If so, you should deff get the jump on him. It could be a close race though.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOw....this is shamefull.

Rice in a GM badge.....wow.

IDT I've ever heard of a redline running mid 13s?.....
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i was sorta thinkin the same thing but i mean i dunno... he seemed like an alright guy and he said he works at a gm dealership somewhere around here and he basically said he knew his stuff, but i still didn't see that to be possible for that car to beat up on the cars he said he had....
i dunno... i just really want to race him and if i do ill try to get at least a cell phone video or something.... ill start carrying the digital camera on me and hope i dont get embarrased, but i really dont think i will
he sure talks a big game though...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

you should beat him if you're car is running worth a damn at all
Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Stock that car is like a 14.5-14.8 in the hands of a good driver. With a few choice mods, they can dip into the 13's. But you, in good running order, should be in the 13's as well, and a monster off the line with 3.73s - I think you should run from a dig, nail your launch, and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Saturn ion redline?