Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

alright i want some advise on something

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alright i want some advise on something

ok, my car is in the garage again, i have had it like 6 months and put maybe 500 miles on it. i think i like building it more than driving it. so that's the problem. i get a bunch of junk from my friends about never taking the car to the track. i usually get most of my races in the TBSS because the camaro is sitting in the garage with the heads off or cam pulled out so i cam see how a different one sounds or what rpm one pulls to. but im also thinking (and have been accused of) that maybe I'm too much of a ***** to go to the track. i have 2 young kids, what if something went wrong. with my set up i feel like i could run low 11's and that getting up there in trap speed. i have no cage, do drive shaft loop. i also don't want my wife to have to wipe my *** for the rest of my life if i end up a vegetable trying to prove that i can build a 10 second car.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you are afraid.....then don't do it.

Seriously.....If you think you're afraid for whatever reason, you have to get comfy with the car. Dick around a little bit with it to get some seat time.

Go ahead and take it to the track......who says you have to go all ballZ to the wall the first time? If someone gives you ****, just tell them you're tweaking it out a bit. Besides.....if you make a pass that requires a DS or Cage, they'll kick you out...or should if their techs pay attention.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

sounds like you test the cams out hard on the street...the track isn't really any more dangerous than the street, usually less so
Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
sounds like you test the cams out hard on the street...the track isn't really any more dangerous than the street, usually less so
thats true, at least at the track if i wreck theres a paramedic waiting, if i wrap my camaro around a tree i have to wait for one to get there.