Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Cutout being installed and retuned, what do you guys think I'll pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Cutout being installed and retuned, what do you guys think I'll pickup?

I've got a track rental on May 22nd and I'll be in Vegas for the week before that, so Monday night I'm dropping the car off to have a 3" cutout installed right after the ORY on the straight pipe and then they're going to retune it for the open cutout.

The car put down 400/367 SAE to the wheels on this same dynojet with the current setup (see all mods below) and I wanted to get something done before the rental so I have the chance to see an improvement if we get decent weather. It's not much but I'm hoping to pickup 10rwhp or so, 15 would make me PUMPED but I'm expecting 5-10. What do you guys think it'll do with the mods below? With how consistent I am at the track, I can see a 10rwhp gain netting me a tenth and a mph. We'll find out soon enough. Let the guessing games begin!

(sorry, copied mod list from another thread so obviously some don't matter at all for the cutout)

GENERAL INFO
2002 Z28 M6 (MN12)
Light Pewter Metallic
T-tops and all options (leather, traction control, etc)
Currently 77,700 miles
17" 10-spoke SS wheels
275/40/17 Nittos on the street
26x10.5x16 ET Streets for the track

POWER MODS FRONT TO BACK
K&N air filter
SLP cold air induction, lid, smooth bellow
Bo White ported/polished throttle body
Stock LS6 intake
Ported Patriot Performance 243 LS6 heads (Patriot Gold Dual Springs)
224/228 .581/.588 113 LSA cam
Pacesetter coated long tube headers
Pacesetter off-road y-pipe (amazing clearance, see pic below)
Magnaflow Catback
Installed and tuned by Eastside Performance in Wallingford, CT

DRIVETRAIN MODS FRONT TO BACK
SLP Linelock
PRO 5.0 shifter
TICK Performance adjustable master cylinder - BRAND NEW (100 miles on it)
GM slave cylinder with roughly 10,000 miles on it
Textralia OZ700 Z-grip clutch with SPEC pilot bearing
MN12 (GTO geared) 6-speed transmission - $2,250 from SSI (100 miles on the rebuild from two weeks ago)
PST 3.5" aluminum driveshaft (lifetime warranty)
Moser 12-bolt with 4.10s

SUSPENSION/CHASSIS MODS (all BMR in Hammertone Black)
Adjustable torque arm
Relocation crossmember (relocates torque arm off the tail of the transmission)
Driveshaft safety loop
Lower control arms with relocation brackets
Adjustable panhard bar
Boxed subframe connecters

INTERIOR MODS
Raptor shift light (best mod on the car hands down )
Pioneer DEH-P770MP (KICKASS headunit)
Memphis speakers all around (4)
Kicker KX700.5 amp

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 05-08-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should net you an easy 10rwhp on a even a mild H/C setup.

And if you really are as consistent as you say, i'd expect nothing less than a tenth and a mph.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Should net you an easy 10rwhp on a even a mild H/C setup.

And if you really are as consistent as you say, i'd expect nothing less than a tenth and a mph.
That's what I'm hoping for. 10rwhp would be totally worth it, 15rwhp and I'd have a HUGE smile on my face, anything more than that would be ridiculous, anything less than 10rwhp would kind of suck in my mind on this setup.

And yeah, I'll typically run to a tenth and a mph all day long. Last time at the track was 11.7s at 117 all day except for one 11.8 at 117 because I tried launching a little higher and spun a bit more than usual (I wish I could get this car to hook but with the gearing the 26x10.5x16's don't hold). Lots left to do on this car but I'm slowly whittling away at these times with little things here and there. It just has to remain a street car that I can drive regularly and to and from the track (2-4 hours depending on where I go). I also like having it in full street trim (full weight). Over next winter I'll be doing some more major suspension stuff (probably the K-member and upper/lower a-arms), but I also might be swapping the heads and cam at that point.

We'll see how things go. The goal down the road is 10s in a full weight street car on the 346 NA. Not gonna be easy but it should be fun trying to get it there.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

^ some sweet goals if you ask me. So not selling the car for a C5z06 anymore?

I say ditch the heads and cam, and step it up! if you go wild enough you should be able to pull off a high 10 NA and still DDable.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
^ some sweet goals if you ask me. So not selling the car for a C5z06 anymore?

I say ditch the heads and cam, and step it up! if you go wild enough you should be able to pull off a high 10 NA and still DDable.
Yeah, realizing I'm about a month away from paying it off and also having the Z06 I was looking at sell to someone else changed my mind, at least for this year.

Once I pay it off next month, I'm basically going to take the money I'm currently paying on it and start putting that into an account for the heads and cam swap. I've always wanted some TFS 215s and a nice big cam, eventually a 92/92 setup, as well so that I could see 10s without much issue, but for now I may end up going with the PRC Stage 2.5 LS6 heads from TSP (ridiculous price for the performance and half the price of the TFS 215s) and then a real cam. And I still want to get the k-member and upper/lower a-arms done over next winter but we'll see how things are going at the time.

Like I said, lots to do. I need shocks and better wheels/tires for the track, as well, but those are not until later. Currently I'm running the stock 17" 10-spokes up front and 16" ET Streets out back at the track. Not exactly the best setup for impressive times but it still pops the front wheels on the launch. I can only imagine how the car will do with all the front suspension done, some shocks, and some real 15" track wheels/tires. That alone should put me in roll cage territory even without any more power mods.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 05-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Yeah, realizing I'm about a month away from paying it off and also having the Z06 I was looking at sell to someone else changed my mind, at least for this year.

Once I pay it off next month, I'm basically going to take the money I'm currently paying on it and start putting that into an account for the heads and cam swap. I've always wanted some TFS 215s and a nice big cam, eventually a 92/92 setup, as well so that I could see 10s without much issue, but for now I may end up going with the PRC Stage 2.5 LS6 heads from TSP (ridiculous price for the performance and half the price of the TFS 215s) and then a real cam. And I still want to get the k-member and upper/lower a-arms done over next winter but we'll see how things are going at the time.

Like I said, lots to do. I need shocks and better wheels/tires for the track, as well, but those are not until later. Currently I'm running the stock 17" 10-spokes up front and 16" ET Streets out back at the track. Not exactly the best setup for impressive times but it still pops the front wheels on the launch. I can only imagine how the car will do with all the front suspension done, some shocks, and some real 15" track wheels/tires. That alone should put me in roll cage territory even without any more power mods.
Yea haha that was gunna be my next comment. . . time for a cage! 11.50's and lower

Quick Reply: Cutout being installed and retuned, what do you guys think I'll pickup?