Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios
View Poll Results: How much power will I gain above the baseline on the Vengeance dyno (H,C,E) swap
5-10
0%
10-20
7.69%
21-30
30.77%
31-35
7.69%
36+
53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Leaving for Vengeance in a couple hours H/C/Exhaust swaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UPDATE : Leaving for Vengeance in a couple hours H/C/Exhaust swaps

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there !!!!

Getting ready to leave as we speak. Got to finsh packing and do a quick cut on my lawn so its not a jungle when I come home and I am outta here !!!

For those out of the loop a quick refresher:

Going to Vengeance for a H/C/Exhaust and street/WOT tune and a fuel pump upgrade.

1 After arriving at Vengeance, the car will be allowed to cool and before anything is done a series of baseline pulls will be established to compare Vengeance Dyno numbers to LGM's. Then a Racetronix fuel pump with a Plug N Play Voltage Regulator is going to be installed to ensure I have adequate fuel psi at all times.

Then a series of swaps will be done (Not necessarily in this order but all 3 will be done )

1 1 3/4 lg pros off, 1 7/8 ARH on. Tweak tune, and dyno.
2 AFR 205's (58.5cc) off, TFS 215's (59cc) on. Tweak tune, and dyno.
3 Custom Vengeance cam (244/248 600 ish neighborhood) Tweak tune and dyno.
Then I'll be on the road with Mike tuning for drivability and datalogging to see how everything is working out. Then its back to the dyno for final adjustments to set A/F, timing advance and to get the final numbers.

Stay tuned. Results will be posted in a thread posted by Ron, so stay tuned.

Feel free to post comments here.......................

Special thanks to everyone at Vengeance Racing, Nick at ARH, and Trickflow for helping me to make this happen.

Gotta single out Ron the general mgr at Vengeance Racing for keeping me up to date with everything, and explaining in detail what was happening. I really appreciate you helping me with selling my parts. Couldn't have done it without you bro....

Last edited by allngn_c5; 06-22-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about time lol. ive been waiting to see some results. btw, doug im starting to lean towards a turbo setup with the truck manifolds but i gotta read some more. apparently i gotta get rid of kooks setup. i don't know much about what to do for an exhaust from the down pipe back. anyways... can you be more specific about what's going on? btw, are you considering opening up the fast intake some more to 95mm? i bet you are while your down there lol. gl and watch for them nutjobs on the road
Old 06-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

what cam is in the car now??? and i voted 21-30
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

The fast 92mm has already been opened up to 95mm at the inlet and is matched to a Rev Xtreme 95mm tb. That was all done before it went on the car originally. NO changes are planned for the intake. On the exhaust question bro, I don't know much about turbo setups. Feel free to email ron@vengeancerd.com and I am sure he could better answer your question.

AWD2WD: the current cam is the g6x3. Not sure if these specs are exact but they are what I got from comp. 235/244 .647/.612 111+4 My custom cam from Vengeance will add more duration on the intake (at least 9 degrees) and exhaust (at least 4 degrees) but will give up a bit of lift to make the cam more valvetrain friendly. The g6x3 is killing my springs, especially on the intake. Glad I had new comp 921's put in there.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Detroit to Atlanta is a hell of a drive. I drove my car from Chicago to Tulsa to get my car and was sick of it by the time I got to ST. Louis lol. But I am sure it will be well worth the trip. I voted 21-30 btw.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there !!!!

Getting ready to leave as we speak. Got to finsh packing and do a quick cut on my lawn so its not a jungle when I come home and I am outta here !!!

For those out of the loop a quick refresher:

Going to Vengeance for a H/C/Exhaust and street/WOT tune and a fuel pump upgrade.

1 After arriving at Vengeance, the car will be allowed to cool and before anything is done a series of baseline pulls will be established to compare Vengeance Dyno numbers to LGM's. Then a Racetronix fuel pump with a Plug N Play Voltage Regulator is going to be installed to ensure I have adequate fuel psi at all times.

Then a series of swaps will be done (Not necessarily in this order but all 3 will be done )

1 1 3/4 lg pros off, 1 7/8 ARH on. Tweak tune, and dyno.
2 AFR 205's (58.5cc) off, TFS 215's (59cc) on. Tweak tune, and dyno.
3 Custom Vengeance cam (244/248 600 ish neighborhood) Tweak tune and dyno.
Then I'll be on the road with Mike tuning for drivability and datalogging to see how everything is working out. Then its back to the dyno for final adjustments to set A/F, timing advance and to get the final numbers.

Stay tuned. Results will be posted in a thread posted by Ron, so stay tuned.

Feel free to post comments here.......................

Special thanks to everyone at Vengeance Racing, Nick at ARH, and Trickflow for helping me to make this happen.

Gotta single out Ron the general mgr at Vengeance Racing for keeping me up to date with everything, and explaining in detail what was happening. I really appreciate you helping me with selling my parts. Couldn't have done it without you bro....
the TFS heads are the 215cc heads, correct? are these 215cc trick flow heads touched up?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Abdullah
the TFS heads are the 215cc heads, correct? are these 215cc trick flow heads touched up?
Not really, just opened up for a 4 inch bore. Nothing special, and yes they are TFS 215's and will be milled to 59cc for compression.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mchdg86
Detroit to Atlanta is a hell of a drive. I drove my car from Chicago to Tulsa to get my car and was sick of it by the time I got to ST. Louis lol. But I am sure it will be well worth the trip. I voted 21-30 btw.
Detroit to Atlanta is nothing in my opinion bro. I love being in my car driving, hell thats what I bought it for, to drive it LOL. I've done the Detroit to Dallas run a few times and the Dallas to Detroit a few times. Its long both ways, but seems longer the way back since Dallas is on Central time. Love the drive down since I gained an hour. Oh well no more runs to Dallas for me.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn doug i have been watchin your build back when i thought your stock block was good for almost having 500 rwhp. I hope vengeance takes care of you as i'm sure they will. Bigger everything i'm sure you will make some better #'s can't wait to see.

airforcemanss i hear you there, i have just decided to go turbo with truck manifolds as well. I am still learning too about the whole exhaust and etc. Sorry for thread hijack goodluck can't wait to see results!!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The less compression from the 59cc head won't see as much loss due to the higher flowing runners.

That combined with the larger diameter headers should see some good peak hp numbers.

If the cam and tune are dead on.....I predict (just to throw a number out).....42hp
Old 06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The bigger cam will really help to reach better numbers.. along with bigger exhaust and heads for the stroker!! vote 36+...

youre at 515rwhp right?...I vote for 565rwhp!! good luck, you have a killer setup!!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm really excited about the quality of the tune if Mike can make it perfect or not. She's going to be a bitch with the 95mm tb. Louis at LGM said that TB drove him nuts trying to get her to idle. Louis did a good job but Mike is going to hopefully do a better job to eliminate the low rpm bucking and high idle (3000 rpm) when the a/c is on. Other then that no complaints. After coming off the expressway on a spirited run to work on the weekend she likes to stall when I am trying to park? Would like to know why. Wonder if it has anything to do with my tired stock fuel pump?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
The bigger cam will really help to reach better numbers.. along with bigger exhaust and heads for the stroker!! vote 36+...

youre at 515rwhp right?...I vote for 565rwhp!! good luck, you have a killer setup!!
Hey Johnny I would **** a brick if this thing makes 565 rwhp !!! I will be very happy with 30-40 over whatever she baselines on the Vengeance Dyno. I have been told to expect lower numbers then what the LGM dyno spit out, especially the torque number. We'll see. I wonder if that comment had anything to do with my old h/c bolton 346 making 490 rwhp 445 rwtq trapping a best of 123.6 MPH ?? Numbers suggest a higher trap then that. Gotta finish packing, thanks for all the support. Stay tuned for a thread to be started by Ron detailing every step of my visit to Vengenace Racing !!! Should be very informative considering we will get to see hp improvements from each swap, again stay tuned. Numbers coming as soon as tomorrow evening. At least on the headers I would think. H/C swap numbers should follow on Tuesday and/or Wednesday.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Detroit to Atlanta is nothing in my opinion bro. I love being in my car driving, hell thats what I bought it for, to drive it LOL. I've done the Detroit to Dallas run a few times and the Dallas to Detroit a few times. Its long both ways, but seems longer the way back since Dallas is on Central time. Love the drive down since I gained an hour. Oh well no more runs to Dallas for me.
Oh don't get me wrong. I love driving my car lol. It is such a blast compared to my H/C stalled WS6 I had. Bad thing is that I haven't been able to drive it due to a missed shift at the track. It will be even more fun though when I get it running again. Doing a H/C swap as we speak with little shot of dope.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Johnny I would **** a brick if this thing makes 565 rwhp !!! I will be very happy with 30-40 over whatever she baselines on the Vengeance Dyno. I have been told to expect lower numbers then what the LGM dyno spit out, especially the torque number. We'll see. I wonder if that comment had anything to do with my old h/c bolton 346 making 490 rwhp 445 rwtq trapping a best of 123.6 MPH ?? Numbers suggest a higher trap then that. Gotta finish packing, thanks for all the support. Stay tuned for a thread to be started by Ron detailing every step of my visit to Vengenace Racing !!! Should be very informative considering we will get to see hp improvements from each swap, again stay tuned. Numbers coming as soon as tomorrow evening. At least on the headers I would think. H/C swap numbers should follow on Tuesday and/or Wednesday.
Well I saw somewhere that you hit 504 and after TB opened and some other mods you hit 515...unless it wasnt your car or I'm just confused LOL
Old 06-21-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Well I saw somewhere that you hit 504 and after TB opened and some other mods you hit 515...unless it wasnt your car or I'm just confused LOL
You aren't confused brother, my 402 at lgm hit 508 then 511 before the tb swap and a best run of 517 after the 95mm tb swap. What I was saying is that the LGM dyno may be a little "GENEROUS" vs accurate. The hp/tq numbers never produced the trap speeds they should, but certainly had no problem burying the speedometer past 200 !! Not sure what to expect, just going to keep my expectations a little more realistic so I don't get disappointed. My main concern is near perfect drivability. No more idle surge when the a/c is on, and an upgraded fuel system for now and future growth. Small shot ?? Never know.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok thanks to everyone that posted up. I am leaving after a final run through of my stuff. Leaving an hour later then anticipated but I'll be there on time.

Later
Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

good luck with it doug. looking forward to seeing the results.

dont get arrested while your in atlanta. lol.

doug and ron

Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Update !!!!!

***** Update *****

LGM's numbers were 517.3 rwhp 513.8 rwtq sae corrected
Untouched, unchanged and allowed to cool about 2 hours
Vengeance baseline numbers were 500/500 to the wheels SAE correcected setting 3
correction factor was 1.05
Racetronix fuel pump added, and ARH 1 7/8 numbers jumped to a REAL 511 rwhp 501 rwtq. When Ron posts the graph you will see why I am happy about gaining only 1 rwtq peak. Its the power under the curve that I like. ARH made more lowend torque then the lg pros 1 3/4. The lg's had more mid rpm torque but the ARH 1 7/8 pulled even and outperformed the lg 1 3/4 up top as well. Stay tuned for "OFFICIAL" results to be posted in a new thread detailed by Ron at Vengeance Racing with graphs.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

I'm gonna say your car makes 541RWHP.

Keep us posted!!!

Quick Reply: Leaving for Vengeance in a couple hours H/C/Exhaust swaps