Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

honda question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default honda question

well, i was talking to a AAA tow guy when he picked up my friends sisters car and we got to talking about cars and my camaro. he said "id beat it with my honda" so i asked him if he had a turbo he said "no, all motor."car is a mid 90s hatch, b16 swap, with cams and a VTEC controller (didnt know they had those) and header & catback. just wondering what kinda power it makes? car is full weight, manual trans. im not really worried about it, cuz if i see him at a meet or around town, i told him im down to race and kick his ***. he didnt like that and gave me the typical "wait til the VTEC kicks in" i laughed and told him its not like boost and walked away.

i no zero about honda motors except they worship the h22 and k20, and idk how much pwoer those make either like i said, just wondering how much power hes making? trying to educate myself on things that arent GM/american.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. A cammed/bolt-on B16 is probably making all of 175-180whp unless you has some serious cams and headwork done. So it's a mid-high 13s car at best I would say. ~100-103mph traps.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Hmm, yeah, an acquaintance of mine had a b16 in his integra with every bolton, cams, head mod to be done. Not sure why he liked NA in such a shitbox, but it ran ok. He spent WAY to much money on it as well.

I think he still only ran like a 13.1 at 106.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Usually it takes some sort of boost to get one to make any serious power. Had one around here pushing 400 horse with a turbo and built engine and with the weight difference put a hurting on some of the mid level cars but the problem is they really are not designed to stay together with that much power like most I have seen it goes BOOM. And from a dig they have nothing until that Vtec kicks in so just don't roll race and you will have no worries at all....
Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks guys. i was never worried about losing, just wondering why he was so cocky? and what kinda power he made. i know zero abuot hondas, but unless they have a turbo, id never be scared to run one.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Vtec controller just lowers the "big cam" engagement rpm, nothing special. Should run all of 13.5 He better have a good size shot (75-125) and a set of slick on that thing or he will get laced up.