Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

04 cobra vert vs. 02 ws6, both stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 cobra vert vs. 02 ws6, both stock

What's the outcome?

I know what it should be, but a friend of mine just got a ws6 and I am trying to predict the final outcome from both a roll and a dig. I realize I should win both, but by how much?

BTW: I have the cobra, he has the ws6 and we are both 6 speed manuals. He has only been driving stick for a few months and neither of us have been to the track.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm going with you on that one. Mostly because of seat time. I'd be surprised if he hangs close because of that.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Teching In

That's what I am thinking...even from a dig I should be able to solidly pull on him. I am pretty good with launching with minimal spin (learned from the last cobra I had with 560 hp). I guess we'll see!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thank you dude, this way everybody can see where to post by following your posts.

If you can launch your car, you should be be able to get a car maybe 2 based on his lack of seat time. You should tape it, Cobra races draw a crowd, trust me.

When are you going to start modding?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Well, I just sold my stage V eaton along with my upper and lower pulley. I just bought this car...had an 03 zinc yellow coupe that I traded in for it (04 mystichrome convert.). The yellow one dyno'd 560 STD hp and this one is bone stock, so it's a substantial decline in power/speed.

My mod timeline depends on how happy I am with the car. I don't drive it in the winter so I probably won't do any pulley swaps until then. I have an intake to throw on and want to get my exhaust figured out over the winter, then I should have a better idea. This time around I am going straight to a TS or a TT kit...not going to bother with porting the eaton.

BTW: thanks for your lenience with me with posting in the other forum section, I appreciate it.