Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Want to hit 9s next year can someone crunch some numbers, twin turbo build..

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009 | 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Want to hit 9s next year can someone crunch some numbers, twin turbo build..

Well figure my car is finally ready to run dyno and track next season and have few questions from the drag experienced guys.I have run some of my cars never this one and they are much slower talking like 14 second cars.

As you can see car has forged built 408, twin turbo, dana 60 with 3.54 gears.
Fully done 4l80e with yank py 3400 converter. Car is heavy thing will be about 4000 to 4200 raceweight. I weigh 240. Car is street car so not going to do much lightening want to mostly run car as it will be driven on street with stereo in,all seats in.
For tires have bought some 295/45/17 et street radials. I have both line lock and two step. I have no trans brake at this time.
I have just kyb adjustable shocks,stock springs,not sure if will run front sway or not. I have adjustable bmr torque arm.
For power figure should not have much trouble hitting 800rwhp and could possibly get to 1000rwhp with boost/spray combo with mostly boost and small shot of spray. Running the turbos near full boost would think 1000rwhp on just the turbos is doable. Upgrading the turbos over winter and similar builds have made in this power range.

One local nhra track is 1600 feet. I figure only get maybe a run or two there since so far have no rollbar to be legal for faster than 11.5. We do have outlaw tracks both 1/4 and 1/8 that should be able to run lots of runs they are very slack on safety equipment like rollbars. I might put in six point but not sure yet. It would be good idea for safety reasons of course but car will be retired from racing when hit a 9.xx even 9.99 is fine. If ran 10s would keep trying.

I have seen some of those hp /weight things but how do they figure what 60ft I will be able to get.I would think should be able to maybe get 1.6 60fts not sure if can get under that since don't really have much in the way of race suspension like fancy raceshocks or springs or race sway bar.

I can of course dial up the power levels with maybe 600rwhp no spray as my minimum you can't really go under minimum psi of the gate springs on turbo car. I can ramp in the boost by rpm or by time ,possibly even by gear but not sure how to do that yet. My boost controller can do rpm or time.Figure this should help traction problems.

So what you guys think. Can I do it ,what 60fts will I need to see versus how much power.Can 800rwhp do the job don't really want to go to 1000rwhp and push the car if don't have to. 800rwhp is about 1000 engine with auto trans at 20% loss figure.
Old 01-13-2010 | 06:37 PM
Launching!

i wanna bump this because it seems real interesting even though i have no input that would be helpful.