Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

408 Camaro - ET/MPH guess so I can figure out gearing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 Camaro - ET/MPH guess so I can figure out gearing?

Alright, I'm trying to get my car setup for the track season (starting in March) and I'm wanting to get a rough ET/MPH estimate so I know what I need to do for safety equipment and mainly my gear ratio. I'm wanting to bracket race the car for points this year, so it would be beneficial to have the setup be ready and stay the same from March to November.

Basic mods:
TSP 408 stroker
TSP stage 3 ls6 heads
TSP MS4 cam
long tubes, ory, magnaflow, cutout
TH350 with RMVB and t-brake
12 bolt with 4.10s
Bigs/littles with 28" MT ET streets
Body mount UMI tq arm, LCA relos, SFCs, QA1s up front and Comp Engineering rear. No front sway, will have a drag bar in the rear.

The car made 480rwhp/465rwtq through full exhaust on a VERY conservative tune with a T56 trans.

I'm considering going with a larger cam, but it's at the bottom of the list of things to go in the car before race season. I'm mostly concerned with having it LEGAL for the ET.

My second concern is, spinning the 408 6700rpm with a TH350, 4.10s, and 28s my top speed will be roughly 135mph (not accounting for tq converter slip and tire growth) I know that will be plenty mph for the car NA, but I will be spraying the car with a 200 shot. It will be bracket raced NA obviously so I want to have a good gearing for NA, but enough to not run out of gear while spraying.

Any input would be great on estimated ET/MPH so I know where I need to be for March. Keep in mind, actual track elevation is 1900 feet so the DA is typically 2500+.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think your gonna be hitting the limiter before the end of the 1/4. im no expert so take what i say for what its worth...but i would gear it up a little. especially on spray. i mean, i know you've bumped your rev up but i still believe your gonna be hitting the limit on motor and bouncing on the spray. i went with 3.73's even with my 6 speed to keep from having to hit 5th in the 1/4, 4 is my 1.1 same as your 3rd with the th350.

Quick Reply: 408 Camaro - ET/MPH guess so I can figure out gearing?