Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

uh oh, friends getting a C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh, friends getting a C6Z

OK a friend of mine just got a new job, and the first thing he does is text me saying he is gonna start looking for a c6z, damn, its just a friendly rivalry but I'm not used to losing. i guess my day is coming. so what do you guys think? it will most likely be a stock or very near stock Z.
my thoughts are he is not gonna know how to handle that kind of power, at least at first. you can see my mods in my sig. i have almost full suspension including SFC, i just need to pick out what springs and shocks i want. its a fully built 408 iron block, spraying anywhere from 100-200 shot. built trans, tick master. i might be able to take him. i have seen alot of al harbi's vids where he stomped some pretty nasty cars. now i know the C6Z shines up high but i would quite before we got deep into triple digits anyway, i have a family to think of.
so tell me some thoughts on some races between a 6-700whp on spray camaro and a near stock C6Z. like would i need the 200 shot or would a 100 be enough and stuff like that. he is on this forum and looks for my posts so he will be commenting soon no doubt. then the **** talking will start.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
***Repost Police***

I mean, I really don't see you having too many problems on the 100shot if you're ~600rwhp. Maybe WAY up top, but not before then.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Launching!

i make 520whp on motor, i meant about 600whp on the 100 shot. now he's saying he wants heads cam and exhaust. bullshit. i think he's getting carried away, i don't think he has researched how much things cost for the vettes. that's one of the reasons i don't drive a vette, i knew i wanted to mod my car and f-bods are a lot cheaper to mod. we will just have to see. i mean dont the c6z's run low 11's stock. i haven't been to the track yet with my car but i should be able to crack 10's on motor so i should have him easy on the spray
Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

You should take him no problem if you can hook IMO. Street tires will likely be really difficult for him to launch with at low speeds.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i make 520whp on motor, i meant about 600whp on the 100 shot.
Yeah that's what I meant. If you're making ~600rwhp on the 100shot you should have minimal problems if you can hook.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Launching!

well my new wheels just came in today, i have zr1 repro's 11 rear with 315 bfg DR's. i haven't tried them yet, but i think they should give me some damn decent bite. and you can ask my wife, i go through tires like they are going out of style, so if these dont bite i will go back to the M&H race masters, those things hooked like crazy. i think i could probably lift the front with a 315 pair of those. but we will probably race at the track on a test and tune night. these cars get up to some crazy speeds way too fast.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you a fulll weight car?? You can definnitly pull some weight out of your car and get down closer to vette weight and keep up pretty easily. I think with the 100 shot you could keep up good. Where at in VA are you from, with all this fun if your close i might have to come out and see these rides haha.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Ah ha see you got scared of me gettin a lil ole Z...... you know i had changed my mind but now that I see this thread its gonna be all out with a Z Im comin for ur *** i dont care how much it costs

Last edited by THE_KOON; 05-23-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by THE_KOON
Ah ha see you got scared of me gettin a lil ole Z...... you know i had changed my mind but now that I see this thread its gonna be ***** to the wall with a Z Im comin for ur *** i dont care how much it costs
shiiiiiiit, dont get me started fool, if it comes down to a cash battle you gonna be out gunned and you know it bitch. lol. plus i already got a head start on you. FULL SUSPENSION, 4-0-8, 200 SHOT. BRING IT ON WILLI.....dont make me go and beat you with the duty, you know your gonna be embarrassed then
Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

shiiiiiiit, dont get me started fool, if it comes down to a cash battle you gonna be out gunned and you know it bitch. lol. plus i already got a head start on you. FULL SUSPENSION, 4-0-8, 200 SHOT. BRING IT ON WILLI.....dont make me go and beat you with the duty, you know your gonna be embarrassed then
True but at least mine will be running longer then 3 months at a time so bring it fool. Time for me to go top shelf heads, cam intake and a shot son and we'll go from there
EDIT: Boy ill smoke the duty with my dead cylinder against ur best tune dont make me send u home crying
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
Are you a fulll weight car?? You can definnitly pull some weight out of your car and get down closer to vette weight and keep up pretty easily. I think with the 100 shot you could keep up good. Where at in VA are you from, with all this fun if your close i might have to come out and see these rides haha.
We're on the eastern shore. I probably wont get a Z but i am gonna be building my camaro just to keep him on his toes
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ahhh okay wow eastern shore yeah that's tooo far from me. Welll you do have an interesting cam there, seems like it might work well with an FI setup. Pull off that exhaust get some truck manifolds, already have intake/tb and grab a FMIC and an 88mm turbo and supporting mods and you two will be damn close.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Ive got a spare block that im gonna be stroking to a 383 that i wanna go FI on but im leaning towards a maggie just because i love the whine
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Launching!

he wont be close to nothing, lol, all i have to do is open the bottle, flip a switch and slam my pedal to the floor. throttle in a bottle baby. I'll go by him on 2 wheels, while he's picking up pieces of his 10bolt out of the road. haha
oh and no way will your 7 cylinder car beat the duty on the performance tune. you were a close race for the tbss when you were running top notch, and the duty is a very very close race with the tbss, so you on 7 cylinders, will be chokin on soot son
Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Teching In

he wont be close to nothing, lol, all i have to do is open the bottle, flip a switch and slam my pedal to the floor. throttle in a bottle baby. I'll go by him on 2 wheels, while he's picking up pieces of his 10bolt out of the road. haha
oh and no way will your 7 cylinder car beat the duty on the performance tune. you were a close race for the tbss when you were running top notch, and the duty is a very very close race with the tbss, so you on 7 cylinders, will be chokin on soot son
BS man my car wasnt even close to top notch when i raced the SS 2 blown head gaskets remember? lol Doesnt matter i found a 9 sec lightning im thinking about and its lookin more and more attractive
Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Launching!

ok, go get that 9 second lightning, I'll sit back and watch while you ball it up in a ditch the first time you try to go ***** out on a launch. only thing i will do is make sure i;m not next to you when you lose control.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Lol gotta love the friendly competition. You guys are funny. Once you get to the point of actually running make sure and get us some vids!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

if he goes h/c spray id be sending my 408 pit to get the rings gapped for a 300-400 shot and while your at it ported 102mm fast
Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SICKSS/Z28
if he goes h/c spray id be sending my 408 pit to get the rings gapped for a 300-400 shot and while your at it ported 102mm fast
i dont know which of us you were talking to but i had my 408 built with a large shot in mind, he asked me when he was setting the ring gap what my plan was and i told him i was running the bottle. but i am a little bitch when it comes to really beating on my engine, i have too much money tied up in this car to destroy the engine on a real big shot. i probably wont run more than a 150 shot. but i mean damn a ported l92 T2 cammed 408 on a 150 shot will be hard for ol' Koon to take out. and i have a drivetrain to back up a nasty launch,
315 DR's with full suspension.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Haha hard for me to take out? All i need is sometime to pay off the new engine then im goin all out with a whippled ls1 (ill fab one if i cant find one ) with the best h/c combo i can find and while thats goin on itll give me time to beef up my drive train and by this time next year ill be on you like a spider monkey. And Ill be sure to get the race on camera ...... and jester cryin afterwards

Last edited by THE_KOON; 05-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: uh oh, friends getting a C6Z