Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

little bench racing question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default little bench racing question

So i have a a local guy with a mustang talking **** saying he will drag any ls1 on spray.His car is a 01 gt with a hellion single turbo kit on 12psi.its a 62-1 turbo.it also has a forged shortblock.rest of the car is stock.I am going to race him and hopefully shut him up when my car is back on the road.Its got all the mods in my sig plus when it comes back out it will have a 150 wet shot.Im in the process of putting in a th400 and the nitrous kit.Im using a UMI short tq arm and a ptc nitrous convertor.It also doesnt have the zr1's any more, its on prostars with et street radials and 25x4 sportsman sr radials up front.Its trapped 113mph in the quarted and 90 in the 8th.both with shitty et's due to a slipping clutch.

What do you guys think the outcome will be from a low roll?my car also weighs 3400lbs with me in it
Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It has been my experience that single turbo 2v's don't perform very well. My buddy had almost the exact same set up, and it wasn't very impressive. If you search the internet, people don't talk very highly of single turbo 2v's.

Your car should be trapping well over 120mph on the nitrous, and I just don't think that Mustang is going to keep up.

I could be wrong though. Hopefully some of the Mustang guys can come in here and tell us what that Mustang guy should be running.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

he thinks hes bad **** because he pulled me while i was racing a neon.while i was cam and bilt ons.says hes making 550whp

Quick Reply: little bench racing question