Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Maybe finally get into the 12's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe finally get into the 12's?

Last time i went to the track, i had the following mods: P/P throttle body, lid, ls6 intake, hooker LT's with duals dumped before the axle and a tune that was pretty much there to pass emissions. With all of that, it ran 13.9 @ 101. I am now adding 36lb injectors (for cam swap in summer) and a mail order tune. Think I can finally get into the 12's with this setup?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eighty7camarokid
Last time i went to the track, i had the following mods: P/P throttle body, lid, ls6 intake, hooker LT's with duals dumped before the axle and a tune that was pretty much there to pass emissions. With all of that, it ran 13.9 @ 101. I am now adding 36lb injectors (for cam swap in summer) and a mail order tune. Think I can finally get into the 12's with this setup?
Without knowing your location, elevation, and DA, it's hard to say much of anything.

With that out of the way, if you ran a 13.9 with your past mods, I don't see it happening with a mail order and bigger injectors. Your injectors aren't going to do jack diddly for E.T., so don't count those. Unless you had the mother of all shitty tunes. But even then, I doubt it.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Launching!

your talking about picking up almost a second with injectors, that you probably didn't even need. and just so you know, mail order tunes aren't a whole lot better than no tune at all. you need to get that car to a dyno to get a real tune.

Quick Reply: Maybe finally get into the 12's?