Est. 1/4 e.t. ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Est. 1/4 e.t. ?

Car is an 02 Z06 Corvette.

Mods :

PRC 2.5.5 heads, TSP 233/239, 595/603 on 112 LSA, Long tubes, no cats, stock Ti exhaust, Ported TB, BBK intake, Vararam CAI, DTE trans brace, LS7 clutch, hardened output shafts, steel sliders/shift fork, line-lock, Firestone Wide O street radials. 431.31 rwhp/380.62 TQ. (Dynojet)

Lifter failure and a wiped cam lobe had the car sitting in the garage most of last summer but its ready to go now.

I know Vettes are not so good on the launch, what do you all think it will run ?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

slip the clutch out of the hole. if you dump it, it will wheel hop. wheel hop will break ****. if you are a good driver i would say mid 11's. i'm not sure what the elevation is in ohio, but here at almost sea level stock c5's can break into the high 11's.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Elevation at National Trails Raceway is 744ft.

I've already had it hop on me a couple times. I hoped the Bilsteins might help but it still hopps and you're right it absolutely WILL break if you don't lift. Hopefully the trans brace and hardened stuff will keep it together.

I don't have much experience with drag racing so I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

Thanks brian
Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

no problem man.

also keep in mind that a more forgiving side wall and a softer compound tire will also reduce wheel hop. and idealy you would want coil overs, if for nothing else because they are adjustable. anytime you are able to have adjustment in your suspension you will be able to reduce your 60'(if done properly).

i would say for your first time out don't go with a number in your head. just go to get a feel for your car and how it acts on the track surface. your first run drive around the water box, stage, and roll it out of the hole on the green, roll into the throttle and be WOT by the top of first. second run, drive around the water box back into the puddle pull up a hair, spin the tires for a second, stage and go for about a 1200-1300 rpm launch. so by the third run you should have a feel for the car and you can go from there. you can start playing with tire pressure, burn outs, launching, shift points etc. personally i always drive around the box and back into it to keep from driving into the wet tracks left by my front tires. guys with skinnies up front ususally don't have to worry about this.

i hope you do well with the new set up and more importantly i hope you have fun!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

I appreciate the advice about the box, I was thinking about that and didnt want to throw any water up into the wheelwhells that would drip down on the tires. Its hard to see the back tires from inside without opening the door and leaning out.

I found this ...

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Launch_Tips.html

Old 12-24-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

oh wow, great link!

Quick Reply: Est. 1/4 e.t. ?