Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

BMW m3

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011 | 11:03 AM
Teching In

Default BMW m3

So I was at work the other night when I hear a guy fly up and is revving his engine hard. So I go out and see whats up and its a guy in an i think 95 BMW m3 I'm not sure on the year because I'm not too familiar with BMW's. Anyways long story short I ask how much is she puttin down and he says 260 and then I casually point out my 99 trans am and tell him that mines makes around 325 and its stock.. He asks what kind of engine I have and I say LS1 and he just gives me this blank stare and continues with how his car would beat my cars ***. I just say yeah maybe because its lighter. Then he goes off on his fast and furious trip saying he races for pinks and I just say I only race for fun man. Whatya guys think, can I take this guy? Oh yeah my cars a 99 White Trans Am A4 completely stock. I don't know what the guys done to his BMW.
Old 05-02-2011 | 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Snowman5677
So I was at work the other night when I hear a guy fly up and is revving his engine hard. So I go out and see whats up and its a guy in an i think 95 BMW m3 I'm not sure on the year because I'm not too familiar with BMW's. Anyways long story short I ask how much is she puttin down and he says 260 and then I casually point out my 99 trans am and tell him that mines makes around 325 and its stock.. He asks what kind of engine I have and I say LS1 and he just gives me this blank stare and continues with how his car would beat my cars ***. I just say yeah maybe because its lighter. Then he goes off on his fast and furious trip saying he races for pinks and I just say I only race for fun man. Whatya guys think, can I take this guy? Oh yeah my cars a 99 White Trans Am A4 completely stock. I don't know what the guys done to his BMW.
Yep, you can.

Atleast I spanked the livid **** out of a 94' M3 with my 72' GSX back when it had a smogged 455 at 260 or so bhp. They do decent in corners, but their peak horsepower is at 7200RPM, about 100 RPM before they start redlining, so he won't be able to come off any decently from a dig or a low mph roll.
Old 06-08-2011 | 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I took my '98 M3 with the S52 motor (DINAN intake, catback exhaust, tune, etc.) and I was running right at 14.0 slipping bad. These cars can be fast in the 1/4, but not LS1 times unless they have forced induction or some other engine mods. Auto-X or a race track (not drag strip) they will kill you. This was my g/f and I when I traded in the M3 on my TA:

Oh ... LS1 weight: 3440 lb & M3 weight: 3219 lbs

Last edited by HibachiZ28; 06-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quick Reply: BMW m3