Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Im new here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im new here.

I've looked at this site for quite a long time. Since around 2005 since i was a kid and didnt have a license. Im 19 now. I hope to own a Firehawk Trans Am by the end of this year, so i've always loved this site simply because a Firehawk Trans Am is my dream car and has been since i was a kid and my brother ran his into a house. Because i love this site (just made an account to post this) im posting this here too. I usually look on performancetrucks, but i figured id post it in both places just for more feedback.

I drive a 2000 5.3 silverado. 140k miles. Im having a complete engine rebuild. I have next to no mods on this truck. Shift Kit, Cold Air Intake, and that basically covers it. Since im getting my engine rebuilt, im going to have fun with it. The guy gave me a list of everything he's currently putting into it, so im going to put it on here and i would like you guys to tell me what kind of horsepower im going to be getting out of it. I dont know the exact specifics of everything, so if im vague im sorry.

The guy who is rebuilding it is a friend of my dads. He is charging me 1300 dollars for labor, and not a dime for the parts. Question is, what kind of horsepower will i see with these changes? Im sure its a good deal, but then again i was basically a sheltered kid my entire life, so i truthfully have no idea. He is going to dyno it for me for $40, and thats just to pay the guy who runs the computer. He charges me for basically nothing, just labor.