Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Carbed LQ4, any HP guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carbed LQ4, any HP guesses?

I am in the middles of swapping an LQ4 into my Chevelle. I finally have everything picked out for my build, and have bought and started installing most of it. I was wondering if any of you wanted to guess what kind of numbers it will put out. Here's the specs:
LQ4, stock bottom end, pistons, etc.
02+ LS6 cam
241s milled .025, roughly 11:1 compression
Edelbrock performer RPM, 750 Holley
Pacesetter F body longtubes
Will be run into 2.5" true duals, dumped at the axles

Any guesses?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

With a carbed setup, why not run a bigger cam? that cam is a hella lot better than a truck cam but still leaves a lot left on the table.

I'd say you're in the neighborhood of 330/350 rwhp and about the same torque depending on how good your tuner is.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by superbean
With a carbed setup, why not run a bigger cam? that cam is a hella lot better than a truck cam but still leaves a lot left on the table.

I'd say you're in the neighborhood of 330/350 rwhp and about the same torque depending on how good your tuner is.
I realize I am leaving some power on the table, but I am doing it for a reason. First, the motor has 135k miles on it. I want to swap it in, get all of the bugs worked out, and build it in the future. In the meantime I wanted to have some power over the stock LQ4. Second, this car will be more of a cruiser than anything else. I may play with it a little on the weekends, but it will be mainly a driver.

Quick Reply: Carbed LQ4, any HP guesses?