Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

can an lt1 hit 12's, with stock converter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012 | 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Default can an lt1 hit 12's, with stock converter?

hey guys im working on getting my new headers, and some suspension. And im sure you guys know how it is with money being tight, and cant afford to go buy all your parts at once, so my question is, can a 1996 trans am with,

longtubes,1.6rr's,ewp,ORY-pipe,dumped bullet muffler,moroso intake, 4.56 gears, with MT ET fats and skinnies hit 12's on a stock converter. i have 4.10's btw in car now, also have a set of 4.56 that were for my dad's z28

Reason im asking is because i want get some BMR suspension, and with christmas coming up my wife, and daughter will take alot of my money up, and i probably wont have money for a quality converter for a while. i have seen guy's hit like 13.1x-13.2x's with less than what im planning, so i hope i can hit 12's if not im sure i can with a good converter.
Old 12-11-2012 | 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1991camaro_rs
hey guys im working on getting my new headers, and some suspension. And im sure you guys know how it is with money being tight, and cant afford to go buy all your parts at once, so my question is, can a 1996 trans am with,

longtubes,1.6rr's,ewp,ORY-pipe,dumped bullet muffler,moroso intake, 4.56 gears, with MT ET fats and skinnies hit 12's on a stock converter. i have 4.10's btw in car now, also have a set of 4.56 that were for my dad's z28

Reason im asking is because i want get some BMR suspension, and with christmas coming up my wife, and daughter will take alot of my money up, and i probably wont have money for a quality converter for a while. i have seen guy's hit like 13.1x-13.2x's with less than what im planning, so i hope i can hit 12's if not im sure i can with a good converter.
yes, seen it done with my own eyes.. You have a pretty good setup, stick the launch and u may be quite surprised

Quick Reply: can an lt1 hit 12's, with stock converter?