Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

how much power do i stand to lose??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how much power do i stand to lose??

so long story short my ls6 is quite possibly cracked somewhere and and is causing a massive vacuum leak, so i am switching back to my ls1 intake the car has the current mods tsp v3 cam, tsp prc 2.5 ls6 heads, bosch ev1 #42lb injectors, ls6 ported oil pump, tci 3000 stall, trunion upgraded roller rockers, as of right now the car IS NOT tuned, my tuner couldnt tune it with the vacuum leak so im curious what you guys think i will make power wise with all my mods with the ls1 vs the ls6?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so your ls6 intake has a leak and you are switching back to your ls1 intake? if that's it id say 30-40 less with out a tune just a guess tho with a tune probably 10-20 less again just a guess.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my only concern is weather or not ill be able to hit 400rwhp with the ls1 intake with my setup i curently have....
Old 06-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

it may just keep in mind that with a stall the dyno will read a low number compared to the same exact set up manual will. id say your def over 400hp at the crank for sure but dont be too discourage if it reads a little below it. If i was you id get the LS1 intake ported then put it on and your car will run like crap if its not tuned. So go get a tune after you ported your LS1 intake and then dyno it. What was you making before with the LS6 intake? Well I see that you have heads and a cam so you should be over 400rwhp but like you said you had to go back to a LS1 intake so it may read close to that.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by "MAC"
it may just keep in mind that with a stall the dyno will read a low number compared to the same exact set up manual will. id say your def over 400hp at the crank for sure but dont be too discourage if it reads a little below it. If i was you id get the LS1 intake ported then put it on and your car will run like crap if its not tuned. So go get a tune after you ported your LS1 intake and then dyno it. What was you making before with the LS6 intake? Well I see that you have heads and a cam so you should be over 400rwhp but like you said you had to go back to a LS1 intake so it may read close to that.
basically i went to go have the car tuned but my tuner wouldnt touch it due to a massive vacuum leak from the ls6 intake, the intake come off a wrecked car and it really didnt sit 100% on the block it almost looked like it was warped. all im kinda trying to get out of this is weather or not i should be at, at least 400 to the wheels cause that was my goal with this car after my heads and cam swap
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

Ahh I see, well just port the LS1 intake and I do believe you might make 400rwhp. you could also just sell it and your throttle body to help buy a 92 Fast intake and throttle body and that will definitely get you to your goal of 400rwhp with a good tuner. you can buy them used on e-bay or here on this site or you could buy another ls6 intake on e-bay and this site. Good luck with your goal and hope you reach it.

Quick Reply: how much power do i stand to lose??