Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

04' 5.3L LM7 out of a Yukon Xl with.......

Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04' 5.3L LM7 out of a Yukon Xl with.......

Just scored an 04' Yukon to gut for my hotrod I'm building. Only 48K miles on the Yukon. I'm transplanting the drivetrain into my 46' International Harvester K3 longbed. The truck now rides on Jaguar independant front and rear suspension. The rear gears are 3.54 with the trac-loc posi.
Here are my plans on the motor. With the lack of funds, I am only gonna swap out the cam and springs. I wanted to port the 5.3L heads as I hear they are great when they are ported and have bigger valves installed. It will be a driver so cam won't be too crazy either but I want it to sound like a hotrod.
What should I expect at the tires out of a 5.3L with this setup?
street cam
stock truck heads with upgraded springs
truck intake (I want the low end torque)
Long tube headers
Cold air intake
stock 4L60e with 3200-3400 stall
3.54 rear gears
And a good dyno tune...

Any guesses what the truck will put down on a dyno?

I would have included the heads being worked over but the cost for it is crazy. Unless I can find a local shop to do it for a reasonable price.

As far as the truck intake, it sounds like it's as good as the LS1/6 intake below 6K rpm. In fact, better on the torque side. But starts to fall above that. But with an auto trans, I don't see the motor spinning up there anyways and my thought is that the extra low end torque would make it more fun around town. Especially with a light rear end of my old truck. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Teching In

dont want to make a bad guess but would love to see this thing finished!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Oh, it will be finished! lol This truck has been my passion for the last couple years. I have the vision of the finished truck in my head. It's just the $ and the time put into it til it's finished. The time is the easy part. It's the $ that is holding up the project.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04' 5.3L LM7 out of a Yukon Xl with.......