Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Need your opinion on what's the best route to beat a 2010 challenger rt

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your opinion on what's the best route to beat a 2010 challenger rt

Alright so let me start by saying im new here, I own a 03 2v gt with 80k miles. From what I've seen they can hit anywhere from 13.9(if your lucky)-14.1 in the 1/4 mile. All I got is a Cai, borla exhaust, possibly has gears(I've had the car for 6 months) because in the freeway when im at 70 mph my rpm's are 2k and 1/4. Before I got this 2v I was going to get a 2000 trans am ws6 that would fpr sure put bus lengths on this Challenger rt. Long story short he sold it to a mechanic the day before I was going to buy it. So ever since I've never been satisfied with my 2v, and how people bash it, yet the ls1 is a car no one will bash. My cousin owns this R/T and every time he sees me he talks ****, it gets annoying. I have another cousin that has a 2011 Challenger v6 that says he will smoke me because he makes "320 hp", and my 2v makes give or take 270+. But from what I've seen the v6 challenger does 15 second 1/4's all day, and the R/T does 13.5-14 seconds. And they weigh 1000 lbs more than my 2v, they're too heavy. So I've saved up money, as a student and so far I have 2k there's Four things I can do about this I can sell my 2v get a ls1 T/A with the 2k I saved up. I can trade my Gt for a ls1 Camaro, plenty of people on craigslist with ls1 maros have been down for this.(even though im not a fan of the 4th gen camaro looks). Or I can get hi-tech stage 2 cams and I should have 280+ rwhp(300+ with full bolt ons.) Or I can save more and get a 600 bike and put buslenghts. I'm a pretty good driver with a bike too. So since I know many of you lsx guys don't like stangs, and don't like mopar I thought I could get an honest opinion here instead of a mustang site. What do you guys think?
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely sell the stang and get a ls1 if you want to go fast. Hell, ive seen supercharged 2v GTs make less power than bolt on ls1's. And i like how new edge mustangs look. I wish to own a clean mach 1 or cobra some day, but it wouldnt be my "fast" car. Dont get a bike unless its just a toy, not a DD. A bike isnt an ideal DD for a student.

You can pick up z28s or formulas for very cheap nowadays too. So if you get a buyer for the gt, you should be able to afford an fbody. Just my 2cents
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Definitely sell the stang and get a ls1 if you want to go fast. Hell, ive seen supercharged 2v GTs make less power than bolt on ls1's. And i like how new edge mustangs look. I wish to own a clean mach 1 or cobra some day, but it wouldnt be my "fast" car. Dont get a bike unless its just a toy, not a DD. A bike isnt an ideal DD for a student.

You can pick up z28s or formulas for very cheap nowadays too. So if you get a buyer for the gt, you should be able to afford an fbody. Just my 2cents
Thanks for the advice man, I think I might just sell it down the road and buy a ws6, because I would love a z28 when im driving it, but I really wouldn't like the looks of one. Unless it looked like an ss with a cme exhaust then I would find it bad ***.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You could always ls swap the stang and still be able to say its a 2v!!!!

Quick Reply: Need your opinion on what's the best route to beat a 2010 challenger rt