Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

stock lq4 with ls1 cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default stock lq4 with ls1 cam

I have a friend who is bragging about how his car will whip me badly because he swapped in a 6.0. Now his car does run good but I looked under his hood and he still has stock ls1 intake and 317 heads on the engine. Also had stock ls1 cam he took out his old engine. I asked him why would he put his stock cam back in and he says for drivability. Lol I just laughed at him.he thinks he's over 400HP. He swears up and down lol. So did I tell him right that he is just a couple more HP over his old stock engine?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Depending on what car he has this in and also what car you have, you should just keep your mouth shut about his stupidity and setup a race for money since he is so convinced he will win.

Then take his money and let him chew on it for a while trying to figure out why his 300hp boat anchor powered car is not even close to what he claims.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I would wager that swapping an iron 6.0l with stock intake, heads, and cam will be decently SLOWER than a stock ls1 car.

He gained 100lbs
He lost compression
I seriously doubt the tune was corrected
the cams are nearly identical in duration but slightly higher lift and wider lsa, won't gain anything worth mentioning there
Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Lmao that was the first thing I thought when I looked under the hood. He made his car slower. I mean he was talking big ish too. He said I didn't know anything because I read too much on this site lol that I don't know what I was talking about. He asked to race but my car is currently down pending hooking up an oil pressure gauge to check pressure. I would've loved to race him too.

Quick Reply: stock lq4 with ls1 cam