Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Dyno Number Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno Number Questions?

Have a few questions on my dyno numbers.

Car - 1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4 (75K miles), 273 gears. All runs were performed on the dynojet dyno.

1st dyno Run: Stock mainfolds, stock plugs and stock wires, stock opti, everything was stock except I cut my muffler off lol. On a dynojet went 245 RWHP and 270 RWTQ. Found out I had a bad opti and plugs along with bad wires.

2nd dyno Run: Stock everything; except changed to new plugs NGK iridium and MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires along with a new GM opti. Netted 245 RWHP and 270 RWTQ but much better HP and TQ curve wasn't so messed up in the higher RPM's.

3rd dyno Run: Pacesetter long tube headers, Pacesetter 3in off-road y-pipe, no cats or mufflers and TB bypass. Custom turn down before the axle, also had a March underdrive pulley on the car as well. Netted me 270 RWHP and 295 RWTQ.

4th dyno run: Haven't had this dyno pull done yet but have installed or will install the following - 1LE elbow with delete, SLP TB airfoil, March alt overdrive pulley, lingenfelter CAI with filter (goes all the way down into the lowest part of the fender).

My question is this. What can I realistically net on my fourth dyno run? The only sort of tune I have is just smoothing out the A:F ratio, I paid 150$ for this being done. What else can I request for my next tune, I put about 1k miles on my car a year, so a radical tune is fine by me. I don't know much about the tuning side but just some A:F changes doesn't seem like much, maybe took the tuner like 30 mins to the make the adjustments.

I'm hoping on my 4th dyno run I could get 280/305 or maybe 290/310? I would retune the car at the same time. Kind of feeling I didn't get much of a tune anyways.

Are my numbers Low? Just right? high etc? I'm assuming my lack of a finished exhaust is hurting my torque a bit, that exhaust will be a GMMG exhaust then eventual 3in electric cutout at the end of the y-pipe merge.

Next bolt on's: 1.6 Comp RR's, valve springs, electric waterpump.

I've asked a couple buddies and some told me to have my tuner advance the timing a bit, thoughts?

Thanks,

Devin

Quick Reply: Dyno Number Questions?