Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Bone Stock '99 Trans Am A4 1/4 Mile Times

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bone Stock '99 Trans Am A4 1/4 Mile Times

Hey everyone,

I have a stock Trans Am with 3.42 gears (out of an '02 Camaro SS M6) and I was wondering what times I'm really looking at if I take my car to the track? I never raced at a track before mainly the streets but I want to try different things out.

The Bad:
Because the car's body has over 320K miles my passenger side rear lower control arm bushing is bad, which means I can move around if I grab with my hand hard enough. Second, I'm not running a rear sway bar link, just waiting to put it back on because it fell of when I put the car on a lift.

Tires:
85% new BFG GoodRich tires I bought off a friend.

Each time I raced my M6 counterpart version, I usually have a whole to half a car on them they usually (the ones I've raced) don't pull on me.

So being a stock A4 with 3.42 gears, what am I looking to get in a quarter mile?
Old 09-12-2015, 02:38 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,240 Posts

I would not race this car at the track OR on the street if the LCA is that bad, wheel hop is absolutely not good for any axle.

I would expect to run about the same times as a 3.23 equipped stock A4 car, or maybe just a tick faster; there is very little effectual difference between those two gear ratios. For example, there is only a small ET difference, on average, between the 2.73 and the 3.23 autos (all else equal), so there would be even less difference between a 3.23 and 3.42 example, all else being equal.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock '99 Trans Am A4 1/4 Mile Times