Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

L92(?) 406 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:57 PM
h22
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default L92(?) 406 build

Building a Stroker, the donor engine was an extremely low milage 6.0L out of a chevy "SS" truck. Im not an expert on all the variations of LS engines, so feel free to educate me, But I refer to it as a small bore LS3....

It's an aluminum block, 4.0 bore and has rectangle port heads, I am assuming they are L92, so no hollow valves, but I intend to weigh the valves just to check.

Block and heads have been bagged from the machine shop and sitting on a shelf for at least 2 years, and I am finally getting it put together. So here is the build, care to guess what the numbers will be?

4.00 stoke forged crank
6.125 forged rods
4.005 flat top Manley pistons (-4cc)
C.R.should be in the 11.3-11.5 range, still need to check the deck height and head cc, but 11.3 to 11.5 should be pretty close both the heads and the block have been cut just to clean them up.
Stock L92 heads, port and bowl "clean-up", I don't plan on porting these heads, but I will spend a bit of time cleaning them up a bit, so figure a stock head or maybe slightly better than stock.
BTR LS3 stage 4 N/A cam, Specs: 233/250 .630"/.615" 113+5
BTR .660 spring kit with titanium retainers ( little extra insurance.... )
stock rockers with trunnion kit, for now
For now just going to run a stock LS3 intake, though may upgrade on down the road

My guess, and as stated before, I am no LS guru, is that if it doesn't make at least 550HP, something is wrong, and that 600HP would not be an unreasonable outcome...

what does the LS hive mind think?

Quick Reply: L92(?) 406 build